+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Has anybody tried regaine foam specifically for hair loss in men?

Hi Folks

Has anybody tried regaine foam specifically for hair loss in men?

What do you think of it? Does it work? Are there any side effects?

Thank You.

I don't think you should use it for anything else other than hair loss.

I have tried it. It worked for me, but i'm young, so it might work differently depending on age. Cost too much for me though, stopped using it.

ROGAINE® is the only topical brand FDA-approved to regrow hair
    — in both men and women. With more than 20 years of results and over 20,000 people in clinical trials, ROGAINE® is the #1 dermatologist-recommended brand for hair regrowth. ROGAINE® helps reverse the progression of hereditary hair loss.
    And with revolutionary Men’s ROGAINE® Foam (the only FDA-approved hair regrowth foam), ROGAINE® continues to lead the way in topical products for regrowing hair. In clinical testing, ROGAINE® Foam regrew hair in 85% of men after 4 months when used twice daily. Plus, it goes on easy and dries quickly.

Hi

Many thanks for your replies.

Are you aware of any side effects when using regained foam?

Thank you.

Side effects:

I'm not a doctor so don't take my word for it. From what I have read around all the forums, side effects may be "bloated face" and dark circles under your eye[you start looking like you haven't slept in days], those are the two most common one's I have read.

These are somewhat true, when I was using Rogaine, I was getting people commenting about my eyes[under it] there was a point where my friends thought I was in a fight and had been punched in my eyes. As soon as I stopped using Rogaine and switched to Kirkland's, the dark circles disappeared gradually. I didn't know it was Rogaine until I read Rogaine supposedly does this to many people.

It couldn't be my sleeping pattern, I sleep the same amount of hours everyday. It's probably something in Rogaine that causes that, that generic Minoxidil does not have. Like I said, i'm not a doctor and this could have all been just me being paranoid because I had read what it could do. But it doesn't help that my friends noticed it too, and now the dark circles are gone.

I don't want to discourage you from using Rogaine though, because it does work. A lot of people will tell you it's a lie[about the face bloating thing, dark circles] because it never happened to them, so you can be lucky and it won't happen to you, it doesn't happen to every one. I wasn't even planning on switching away from Rogaine, it was just the price and a lot of reading, then I realized switching was the best thing for my pocket and for my face[dark circles].

I've also read:

Other side effects can be, swelling of lips, mouth, face[what I said about face bloating], dizziness, chest pain, fast heartbeat, irritation of the scalp, unwanted facial hair growth[I think this happened to me]. Most of these are just allergic reactions, they're rare though. Give Rogaine a try and if any of these happen to you, stop using it.

I hope I helped. Good luck.

just had a great result with 5% minoxodil. aged 63, hair thinning, now thick and looking good after 4 months with treatment.Misses cant believe it. And cheap, 30 odd quid for 6 months supply, no noticeable side effects.

Good Morning Folks

I can understand about the dark circles forming around the eyes - its beginning to happen to me & I have just been using the foam for just over a month.

I have 2 questions -

My hair are thinning all over the top part of my head, so do you suggest that I apply the foam just to the scalp or over all areas where the hair are thinning?

Also, how long does your bottle of foam last? They do say that it should last for a month, but mine only seems to last for about 3 weeks - I do use it twice a day.

Thanks in advance

Default does regaine really works?

Hi all..

im just wondring if this regiane really works!
    i just turn 30 years old and my hair use to be really thick.. it was really hard to see my scalp cause of thickness of my hair...
    but now my hair from the front started to get thinner and i can see one side of my scalp coming out.. which really makes me feel down..
    i have been to my Dr. and they asked me to do FBC ( Full Blood Count )
    which i will get results in 1 week time..
    but i was wondering if this regain really works and will my hair will get thick agian and will i get that hair back which i have lost...

please i will be really greatfull if someone can advice me.. i will be really greatfull.

thank you

Regards
    Addy

Hi folks

Thanks very much for you replies.

I am too experiencing side effects - dark circles around the eyes. Does anybody know of any cure for this?

My scalp also feels dry & itchy. Would it be a good idea if I use baby oil in order to get back some of the moisture?

PatientlyWaiting, you state that you have now switched from regaine foam. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you use now? Is it just as effectve as regaine foam?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Patiently Waiting: I've been using Dutasteride for the last few months and have been seeing great results. Used finistride for several years with no side effects, but it lost its potency or something. I had to stop taking Dutas abruptly because the effect it was having on my eyes was unbearable. I've been off of Dutas for a month now and my eyes have not improved. In fact, about 3 weeks after i stopped taking it they started getting worse. Swelling under eyes in the morning, very dark circles. I look like i've aged half a decade. The skin under my eyes is very uneven, there are dark circles, the skin looks like it's sagging a bit and my eyes look sunken. The left side wasn't affected too bad and is almost normal, but the right side looks horrible. What i want to know is, did you experience anything like these specific symptoms and how long did it take for your eyes to return to normal? Thanks!!!!