+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cure for MPB?

Inactive

HairyHair really hit it here.

Everyone of those HM Researchers want to serve the mass market.The mass market and therefore one has to be quiet and the other one (Histogen) gives away brief informations, but thats good for us because it keeps this hm research rolling.

If it would be otherwise i would really really start to pray (as an atheist).

Also another problem is, if both get on the market and one treatment is a little bit more efficient well then everything was for nothing for the "less" impressive treatment.

I said it before the only thing pretty much ****ed up here is the waiting time. I also agree 1 to 2 years for stuff like Histogen or Ari and 2 years or 3 for Acell plucking things to be efficient.

But this crap talk " At least 10 years (i really saw someon who said 50 years) is just plain stupid especially in regards that even sceptical docs right now are not so "Loud" when it comes to lets say Acell criticism.

I wouldnt exactly pinpoint money as a problem here because the mass market situation will gain them more money then only to milk rich people.

You have to see, even if Histogen would put out their product today, it would if you some the small scale experiment up, at least give you back 2 levels on the Norwood scale. Considered it works also on NW7 oldies.

But i cant stress this enough, i have doubts about this stuff to work in extensive scar tissue.

As someone here said, he has done his research. And i can underline this, everyone who does the research by himself will see ok the working is not that much of a problem, but the limitations are.

Limitations like scars for example. I really really support Acell but i think that Acell and plucked hairs can only grow in "good" scars and not in really extensive fleshy butcher ones.

Sorry to come up with this but as i said iam not an overly optimistic sunshine guy. I see it from a realistic standpoint and can say

1) Yes hairloss can be put to a full stop
    2) Hairloss can be reversed to a certain point
    3) In some years yes you dont have to make compromises between density and donor depleation

But

1) No i believe HM wont work in extensive scar tissue
    2) People with extensive hairloss over more then two to three decades will have to undergo more HM treatments, thats for sure

3) The donor area should also be treated with HM because better safe then sorry

------------------------------------------

Will this work (HM in transplanted areas? I say Yes and no. It will work in good transplantation sites but it wont work to that good extent in scar recipient areas.

Im not even excited hair cloning I realize these comments will sound ridiculous to anyone who has extensive loss already and/or fears more.

I cant believe that the method of poking holes in ones head and having hairs place there will ever be able to match the natural results that a histogen or follica method (inducing the body to grow new hairs) has the potential to produce.

I realize we still need to see what density histogen can produce with its phase 2 protocols but Im much more behind follica and histogen types of treatment.

Just my 2cents on the cloning issue

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    Im not even excited hair cloning I realize these comments will sound ridiculous to anyone who has extensive loss already and/or fears more.

I cant believe that the method of poking holes in ones head and having hairs place there will ever be able to match the natural results that a histogen or follica method (inducing the body to grow new hairs) has the potential to produce.

I realize we still need to see what density histogen can produce with its phase 2 protocols but Im much more behind follica and histogen types of treatment.

Just my 2cents on the cloning issue
    I'm with you on that one. I don't want any surgery. A surgery is not a cure. Inducing the body to promote new hairs sounds much better and hopefully won't cost an arm like I think hm will.

I'm all for Histogen's regenerative method to regain your hair in a more natural way. I'm just stressed out because I have slight thinning going on, with a Norwood 2. I don't want my hair to get any worse then it is now since 2015 is the earliest they predict for HSC to come out.

BTW, is that the real Richard Dawkins?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I'm all for Histogen's regenerative method to regain your hair in a more natural way. I'm just stressed out because I have slight thinning going on, with a Norwood 2. I don't want my hair to get any worse then it is now since 2015 is the earliest they predict for HSC to come out.

BTW, is that the real Richard Dawkins?
    When you say 2015, do you mean release in the U.S.? I thought I remember reading somewhere that it will be available in Asia in 2012, and not just as a clinical trial.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    When you say 2015, do you mean release in the U.S.? I thought I remember reading somewhere that it will be available in Asia in 2012, and not just as a clinical trial.
    I think if you look back in some of the archives they are still saying 2013 for Asia and 2015 for the US and Europe.

Thanks for clearing that up for me mlao.

I was going to start a new thread asking this question, but might as well propose it here. I am considering calling up Aderans to see if they will accept me in for their phase II clinical trials. I haven't called up the regional center closest to me that is conducting the trials to get specifics, but I assume it would follow normal protocols. Basically, they make a small punch in the back of your head where the best hair is, which require a few stitches.. They then send it to their lab to cultivate it. When it's ready, they bring you back in and inject their "cure" back into your scalp. This is at no cost to the person being experimented on (and there may even be compensation for the experimentee). The issue is that they have a few different formulas they're testing for efficacy, and I'm assuming there's a placebo as well. You obviously don't know which you're getting. I'm at a point in my hairloss where I will probably end up shaving it within the next year if nothing works to slow it down. I have no transplants and actually have a smooth head with no scars. I wouldn't want to voluntarily put one (albeit a small one) in my head with no way to hide it until they release their product which is currently due to be out in the US in 2015 (which I'm also assuming that they would give you the final product with the highest efficacy for free, something typical of experimental protocol). The question is, is being a participant in their study something you guys would consider doing?

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    The question is, is being a participant in their study something you guys would consider doing?
    I think it's something people should consider only if their motivation is advancing the cause of science and not because they think it's a way of getting a "cure" administered more quickly than waiting for the testing and approval process to be completed.

I agree with gmonasco. There would probably a lot of protocol that you would have to follow. i.e. not using propecia or minoxidil and keeping your hair the same length for the duration of the trial. I read on hairsite some posts from a guy who claimed to be
    in their trials I think he used the name bald half truth.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Yes, from the studies it has been proven that hair follicles surrounded will benifit from these treatments. I know Histogen's HSC has already proven this.

Aderans is leading the pack for HM.. I'll put my trust in them because they have been successful in their phase II studies.. it's all about putting out in the market. This is what's taking longer than people hoped for, but like I said.. it's only a matter of time. Why wouldn't HM be out soon anyways, with all the progress made? Doesn't make sense to me. Most experts predicted it to be out a year from now, but respectfully it's always safe to add a year.. or 2.. Not 20, like most people think.

Maybe I'm desperate, or just really gullible.. but when you read up on the clinical trials, it's not about whether this procedure will work, it's already proven.. getting it out in the market is the annoying part.
    Yeah Aderans also sort of fits in nicely with the evolution of transplants aswel, I think their procedure could be well conflated with a traditional HT to give you that extra density and thickness.

Would Aderans sway any of you toward Bosley though? Lol.