+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Jesus Christ someone please cure hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNM View Post
    Why doesnt a woman care about you realizing her nails are fake, eyelashes, hair color, lip color etc? It seems they have all the confidence in the world even knowing you realize those things are not really her? I am just saying why can you not have confidence even knowing that some will know? Seems like a double standard. Joke about it even. If someone mocks me and tells me "why are u wearing a wig" I will say "so I wont look as ugly as you"
    I am not a person that would be comfortable with a wig. But I believe to each his own.

And I really-really-really dislike double standards but it can be true in this case unfortunately.

I am on a dating site and this has come up. To be fair some of the women admitted it was a double standard but still men should not wear wigs.

And I have a friend who years ago told me I should not try to fight it or try to hide it as that was a turnoff. Yet she thought it was ok for her to get lipo surgery...even though she wasn't even fat.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I am not a person that would be comfortable with a wig. But I believe to each his own.

And I really-really-really dislike double standards but it can be true in this case unfortunately.

I am on a dating site and this has come up. To be fair some of the women admitted it was a double standard but still men should not wear wigs.

And I have a friend who years ago told me I should not try to fight it or try to hide it as that was a turnoff. Yet she thought it was ok for her to get lipo surgery...even though she wasn't even fat.
    Oh man, the gender double standards that exist in our culture absolutely blows my mind. Women and men should of course be equal if every facet politically. But, socially, where there are no real rules, it just never will be equal -- some to men's benefit, some to women's benefit. It's obviously especially penetrating when the social injustice affects you and not most other men (ie wearing wigs).

I guess we have to live with it and decide which way we want to play the game - conform to the social standards or antagonize today's social standards. The former is probably the easier route and will be conducive to more relationships as we do what is expected, the latter is the difficult route that decreases the pool of women who would be interested in you substantially but maybe the relationships are more rewarding because you are innately more compatible with the hard-to-find woman. There isn't a right answer here, but that's something I've speculated my whole life.

Wearing a hair piece is the opposite of being confident. Shaving your head and being yourself is confidence. Women care less about hair than you think. If you're good looking, then you're good looking. If you're not then you're not. All kinds of good looking bald men make women hot and bothered :P

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    Wearing a hair piece is the opposite of being confident. Shaving your head and being yourself is confidence. Women care less about hair than you think. If you're good looking, then you're good looking. If you're not then you're not. All kinds of good looking bald men make women hot and bothered :P
    hair can make you good looking or bad looking,are you in denial

You all are in denial, not me. I am a NW6 with a hot wife. Cause instead of being depressed and complaining about my poor hair loss, I was out living mylife, being myself and having fun. This forum is full of NEGATIVITY.

You all are in denial, not me. I am a NW6 with a hot wife. Cause instead of being depressed and complaining about my poor hair loss, I was out living mylife, being myself and having fun. This forum is full of NEGATIVITY.
    And your name is 'youngin' because..?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    And your name is 'youngin' because..?
    Because I was young (17) when I started balding and started an account on HLH to get help back then, the name carried over to other forums. I was a NW5/6 by the time i was 24. That's why. Though I don't see how my name is relevant.

Because I was young (17) when I started balding and started an account on HLH to get help back then, the name carried over to other forums. I was a NW5/6 by the time i was 24. That's why. Though I don't see how my name is relevant.
    a bald man can get a hot wife,if he has muscles or if he is heavy or have money or he has great qualites,this doesnt change that being bald can change you entirely,yes ENTIRELY,it change your appearance completely!Some living in denial for accepting the truth that they are getting uglier,they know they get uglier but they cant accept it that's a denial,denial of accepting.So yes we are in denial of accepting the truth but you are in a much higher level of denial ,the denial of the truth itself,that balding makes you ugly,yes ugly,hair make a great impact of your beauty but you are denying it.Well done cause it makes your life easier better bald and happy than bald and sad nothing new.So dont try to tell us that it isnt the balding that make people ugly,you can tell it to yourself any day to make you feel better but i'm sure you would be a lot hotter if you had your hair and you could win girls hearts easier.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    a bald man can get a hot wife,if he has muscles or if he is heavy or have money or he has great qualites,this doesnt change that being bald can change you entirely,yes ENTIRELY,it change your appearance completely!Some living in denial for accepting the truth that they are getting uglier,they know they get uglier but they cant accept it that's a denial,denial of accepting.So yes we are in denial of accepting the truth but you are in a much higher level of denial ,the denial of the truth itself,that balding makes you ugly,yes ugly,hair make a great impact of your beauty but you are denying it.Well done cause it makes your life easier better bald and happy than bald and sad nothing new.So dont try to tell us that it isnt the balding that make people ugly,you can tell it to yourself any day to make you feel better but i'm sure you would be a lot hotter if you had your hair and you could win girls hearts easier.
    Wow I feel sorry for you. Beauty is truely in the eye of the beholder. Hate to break it to you but some women find bald men extremely sexy. And that fact destroys what you just said.