Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
    Many of us have hind sight 20/20 vision....wigs/hair systems were the only options during a period, thus the improvement on the wig/hair system was deemed the future
    Shifting of genetic material / shifting of hair follicles...tomato / tomoto.....the point I was making is that it does not cure baldness

At the end of the day, these exchanges encourage growth and understanding of the options folks have who suffer from hair loss. I recall the same level of dismissive and non-supportive tones when I was researching my first HT procedure
    These are not dismissive or non-suportive tones. This is not a treatment that will be accepted in the future as a viable cosmetic option for hair loss. This is a SCALP TATOO for crying out load! People who are selling this crap are making a mockery of balding men looking for help and I find it even more distasteful to see Dr. Rassman selling it.

Please don't pick and choose what to reply to....again, I'm comparing the promise each make. None of the options cure baldness....so I ask you what is the difference between them?

If there existed a cure for baldness, then these options and these type of forums wouldn't be in existence
    You are saying it's just a tattoo without any perspective on the actual procedure. You could go down that list of options and make simplified dismissive claims for each one...

Acell is just pig bladder,
    HT/FUE is just moving hair follicles around
    PRP is just your own blood
    propecia causes sexual side effects
    wig/hair system is over priced

Quote Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
    Please don't pick and choose what to reply to....again, I'm comparing the promise each make. None of the options cure baldness....so I ask you what is the difference between them?

If there existed a cure for baldness, then these options and these type of forums wouldn't be in existence
    You are saying it's just a tattoo without any perspective on the actual procedure. You could go down that list of options and make simplified dismissive claims for each one...

Acell is just pig bladder,
    HT/FUE is just moving hair follicles around
    PRP is just your own blood
    propecia causes sexual side effects
    wig/hair system is over priced
    What perspective does one need? Cosmetic tattooing fades, plain and simple! It does not matter if it’s an eyebrow, eyeliner or whatever, they all fade. This is a form of cosmetic tattooing and it too will fade in time and most likely look hideous. You sound extremely naive when you post this argument. How can you compare medication, surgery and scientific advancements to a Tattoo?

Inactive

A possible unlimited Donor supply is in my books a cure.

Around 100 new hairs on a small test scale from one injection well is almost a cure in my books.

But i get it, from time to time some users pop up to discourage people are talk crap about something.

You know shifting genetic material on a big scale IS a cure. Lets say you have a blank 20 square centimer area you have to cover, if you transfer good genetic material to this area you are finished forever

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    What perspective does one need? Cosmetic tattooing fades, plain and simple! It does not matter if it’s an eyebrow, eyeliner or whatever, they all fade. This is a form of cosmetic tattooing and it too will fade in time and most likely look hideous. You sound extremely naive when you post this argument. How can you compare medication, surgery and scientific advancements to a Tattoo?
    Actually I'm more realistic in my understanding of the options available to combat hairloss because I accepted the fact that there are no cures and most folks want self confidence via "having hair"

So medication, surgery and these scientific advancements are all alternatives to achieving self confidence not a cure. Scalp pigmentation is no different in demanding a long term commitment that these other options also demand. And like these options, you must do research and find folks who are good at what they do and provide a long term support system if needed

Your claims of it fading, whether it's true or false, are solely based on your knowledge of tattoos and not the actual procedure. All these balding options have folks who have had negative experiences and results, so why not dismiss them all?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    A possible unlimited Donor supply is in my books a cure.

Around 100 new hairs on a small test scale from one injection well is almost a cure in my books.

But i get it, from time to time some users pop up to discourage people are talk crap about something.

You know shifting genetic material on a big scale IS a cure. Lets say you have a blank 20 square centimer area you have to cover, if you transfer good genetic material to this area you are finished forever
    Unless you're dealing with laser combs and such, I don't think you should dismiss anything that satisfies what the patient desire, which is self confidence via "having hair"

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    These are not dismissive or non-suportive tones. This is not a treatment that will be accepted in the future as a viable cosmetic option for hair loss. This is a SCALP TATOO for crying out load! People who are selling this crap are making a mockery of balding men looking for help and I find it even more distasteful to see Dr. Rassman selling it.
    I agree with most of the responses here, scalp/head tattoo is in no way a treatment for baldness or hair loss and it is not really a good sign that a known hair doctor is selling such a cosmetic procedure when he should and can do more productive time with an actual treatment.

Seems like the newest $$$ money scheme by this guy. Yes, he was so against it. Scuttlebutt says Rassman is now connected with HIS tattoo clinic in UK. I am not completely sold on this tattoo stuff yet either, but his pictures look like s**t!!!!! Let's see some good closeups not that crap. Let's see that it's follicles, the size and not dermmatch or toppik. If a doctor can be a tattoo artist, then a guess a tattoo artist can be a doctor, too.

This site looks like it's gonna be very helpful for people.

What a disaster SMP could be. I'm beginning to question Dr. Rassman. Actually I was thinking the other day, suppose someone goes for a FUT today and within ten years Aderans perfect hair cloning to the degree that this illusion of density bs was over; they might feel like a right idiot for taking the plunge. The longer you can hold out the better your options will be in the future.

This is just a ****in joke and really serves as a microcosm to the shit options that we unfortunately have as so-called remedies for hair loss. It really pisses me off to an unbelievable degree. I mean, it has been shown that WNT, Noggin, BMP's, stem cells, and TB-4 have been shown to possibly produce robust hair growth yet all we have for solutions are utter shit like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants (not to mention these 'all-natural' treatments which are an absolute joke). And these researchers who supposedly make these discoveries using WNT and Noggin and other chemicals for hair regrowth are perfectly content testing on mice til the day they die without doing a damn thing to benefit humans. Some one really has to do something to turn this crock industry upside down. But on the other side of the coin, I give massive credit to Dr. Greco, Dr. Cooley, and Dr. Hitzig who are actually trying to develop innovative and effective ways to regrow hair.