Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking Head Tattoo by the New Hair Institute

Was just browsing baldingblog.com and found out that Dr. Rassman's clinic is offering their version of "head tattooing" or as they call it "scalp micro-pigmentation" LOL!

Anyway check out Dr. Rassman's response to some of the comments on the particular article, interesting.
    And check out the price...six thousand to do a Norwood 7!
    I'm not sure how that price compares to others shops out there but I think that's F'N ridiculous. $6,000 for some F'N dots tattoed on your head! C'MON!

I'm kinda shocked at the news because during my research for scalp pigmentation, I recall reading how much he was against the concept and very skeptical of its results

I'm not questioning the quality of the work or giving it a compliment,but I like to believe that HT doctors are honorary psychologist too because going bald/having a bad HT/bad HT scar is psychologically damaging. So I hope a level of honesty and understanding for your clients' plight is slightly more important than a check, yeah I know, wishful thinking

I'm not bashing anyone for having a change of heart, but after I read his article, I was under the impression that he was against it. And from reading the following comment, I was not the only one

"To be honest…upon close inspection, it looks really bad. It’s clearly fake. And I agree with how it’s odd that you went from being really against scalp tattooing to all the sudden offering it yourself.
    Don’t worry, you were right to begin with. It doesn’t look good, as evidenced by the pic you shared with us. From a distance, yes, it looks okay. If I were standing within 5 feet of the guy, I would think he looked weird."
    -Bob

That's why I was a little pissed when I saw this.
    I read a few negative responses form Dr. Rassman regarding follicle tattooing just recently (within the last 6 months)

Why the change of heart? I think we all know...$

Quote Originally Posted by mott02 View Post
    Was just browsing baldingblog.com and found out that Dr. Rassman's clinic is offering their version of "head tattooing" or as they call it "scalp micro-pigmentation" LOL!

Anyway check out Dr. Rassman's response to some of the comments on the particular article, interesting.
    And check out the price...six thousand to do a Norwood 7!
    I'm not sure how that price compares to others shops out there but I think that's F'N ridiculous. $6,000 for some F'N dots tattoed on your head! C'MON!
    Come on, no respected doctor would offer hair micro tattooing as a legitimate option for hair restoration. I have always felt that Dr. Rassman’s blog was nothing more then a marketing gimmick and this only proves it. I have read him contradict himself so many times I have lost count. This is just the icing on the cake. I guess hair transplantation is not paying his bills. This is shameful.

Thumbs down

This has to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mott02 View Post
    That's why I was a little pissed when I saw this.
    I read a few negative responses form Dr. Rassman regarding follicle tattooing just recently (within the last 6 months)

Why the change of heart? I think we all know...$
    6 months? damn....he lost alot of credibility, I would've appreciated had he simply stated that he did not fully research this technique, thus had no comment on it

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Come on, no respected doctor would offer hair micro tattooing as a legitimate option for hair restoration. I have always felt that Dr. Rassman’s blog was nothing more then a marketing gimmick and this only proves it. I have read him contradict himself so many times I have lost count. This is just the icing on the cake. I guess hair transplantation is not paying his bills. This is shameful.
    Well I respectfully disagree, I think any HT doctor that provides a combination of proven techniques that helps to restore a patient's confidence through improving his/her hair density is legit

Good scalp pigmentation could compliment a good HT procedure, and vice versa. Especially if the individual likes the buzz cut look

Until they have a cure for baldness, we can't just ignore the various legit alternatives to a complete cure for baldness. If that's the case, then HT procedure wouldn't have advanced as much through the years

Quote Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
    6 months? damn....he lost alot of credibility, I would've appreciated had he simply stated that he did not fully research this technique, thus had no comment on it

Well I respectfully disagree, I think any HT doctor that provides a combination of proven techniques that helps to restore a patient's confidence through improving his/her hair density is legit

Good scalp pigmentation could compliment a good HT procedure, and vice versa. Especially if the individual likes the buzz cut look

Until they have a cure for baldness, we can't just ignore the various legit alternatives to a complete cure for baldness. If that's the case, then HT procedure wouldn't have advanced as much through the years
    It’s a head tattoo! This is not a proven technique. Like with any tattoo the color will fade and change color in time. This is a temporary fix at best and has until now been pushed on these forums by tattoo parlors not doctors. I think that it’s irresponsible for a person who claims to be a healer to offer this to uninformed people who are seeking legitimate treatments for hair loss. Just reading your defense of this shows how desperate people are and Rassman knows this and looks as this a a cash grab. Don’t be stupid people, this is a bad idea and you would have to be a fool to tattoo your head! I can’t even believe that Dr. Rassman has the audacity to promote this.

I don't know if anybody has addressed this issue, but if you have dark brown hair and get your scalp tattooed to match, what happens in 5 or 10 or 20 years when you go gray? You'll have lotsa dark brown dots on your scalp underneath your salt and pepper hair. I bet that will look just lovely....

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBob View Post
    I don't know if anybody has addressed this issue, but if you have dark brown hair and get your scalp tattooed to match, what happens in 5 or 10 or 20 years when you go gray? You'll have lotsa dark brown dots on your scalp underneath your salt and pepper hair. I bet that will look just lovely....
    Even worse then that, the tattoos will fade and turn blue. They will have to be redone every few years. Do you know how damaging and expensive that can be? You’re causing micro scaring that might interfere with future treatment AND you have a TATOO on your head!!! This is nothing more then greed, but I’m dumbfounded that a doctor would be brazen enough to try to pawn this off as a legitimate alternative to a hair transplant.

I think it might be a reasonable way to camouflage bad scaring from prior hair transplant surgeries or scalp reductions, but in these cases the disfigurement from these surgeries are probably worse then the possible odd look of a tattooed scalp. It makes no sense to do this to normal scalps and for this reason I must agree with Delphi about this being very irresponsible for a doctor to sell to patients. I would venture to say that it’s unethical.