Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    What a disaster SMP could be. I'm beginning to question Dr. Rassman. Actually I was thinking the other day, suppose someone goes for a FUT today and within ten years Aderans perfect hair cloning to the degree that this illusion of density bs was over; they might feel like a right idiot for taking the plunge. The longer you can hold out the better your options will be in the future.
    You give them 10 years? Thats way too much, you know a few days ago i read something really crazy at hair site. Where Umar was working on a NW7 guy (something nobody would do, but he explained it under the possibility of upcoming future treatments like hair multiplication.

I was like " WTF is going on"

Quote : With the donor supply limitations imposed by this method, it would be irresponsible to attempt a transplant on a patient with hair loss this severe.

The future of hair restoration should be premised on:

1. The absolute or relative absence of donor supply limitations
    2. Genetic manipulation that renders DHT sensitivity a non issue

The restoration performed on the following individual was based on the above premise, buoyed by the fact that his expectations were very reasonable. Here he is 1.25 years after his hair transplant which was all done in 1 session:"

And then i was really really really really really really pissed because NOW all of those surgeons begin to slowly admit " Nom nom nom yeah yeah donor regroth is possible we could do it today nom nom nom but hey NOBODY of you patients asked"

Finally we go somewhere and i like it because it was long overdue that evben standard transplants go one step beyond.

What a disaster SMP could be. I'm beginning to question Dr. Rassman. Actually I was thinking the other day, suppose someone goes for a FUT today and within ten years Aderans perfect hair cloning to the degree that this illusion of density bs was over; they might feel like a right idiot for taking the plunge. The longer you can hold out the better your options will be in the future.
    Everybody should question Dr. Rassman. He’s selling HEAD TATOOS for thousands of dollars and claims to be a doctor. It’s a disgrace, and should not be taken seriously as a viable treatment for hair loss. I hate to think how many men were convinced to do this to themselves because Dr. Rassman has a popular, self promotional blog. These poor guys will certainly regret it in a few years if not right away!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Everybody should question Dr. Rassman. He’s selling HEAD TATOOS for thousands of dollars and claims to be a doctor. It’s a disgrace, and should not be taken seriously as a viable treatment for hair loss. I hate to think how many men were convinced to do this to themselves because Dr. Rassman has a popular, self promotional blog. These poor guys will certainly regret it in a few years if not right away!
    On paper he looks like one of the pioneers and standup guys but I can't believe he's doing SMP now. Plus he offered Jon Gosselin a hair transplant to get some TV time for his practice. Gave him way too few grafts so that he had him on the hook in the future. Also some poor young norwood 6 won a prize and he went ahead and tried to restore his hair when he had neither enough donor nor the appropriate characteristics. The result was shocking. He also claims to have invented FUE. Yeah right.

On paper he looks like one of the pioneers and standup guys but I can't believe he's doing SMP now. Plus he offered Jon Gosselin a hair transplant to get some TV time for his practice. Gave him way too few grafts so that he had him on the hook in the future. Also some poor young norwood 6 won a prize and he went ahead and tried to restore his hair when he had neither enough donor nor the appropriate characteristics. The result was shocking. He also claims to have invented FUE. Yeah right.
    I don't trust what these doctors write about themselves on the internet. Any doctor who offers head tatoos is not a real doctor and is in it only for the money.

Agreed. SMP is not a viable option.

Inactive

SMP is irreparable even with hair multiplication you simply cannot camouflage the tattoo its impossible even with a 300 density, because when your hair turns grey etc.

Sorry but people should never opt for a head tattoo this is just as wrong as scalp reduction. sorry this madnes has to stop

Why would (or should) this not be an option, IF you were dark skinned, had black hair (no family history of going grey), looked best with close shaved hair styles, and only wanted it to cover up for receding corners?

Thats basically the situation I'm in right now, and this looks like exactly what I've been looking for (especially if they really are using different inks than traditional tattoos, which will fade more rapidly...taking away some of my fear of making a permanent mistake).

I feel like I dodge the problems most ppl. state with this procedure, but I'm still weighing options, as I've never had any cosmetic procedures (or tattoos) at all =/

Thanks for your opinions!

Default I'm a woman!

I was considering the tattoo option, because I'm a woman. My hair loss is throughout. What makes matters worse is I am white and very fair skinned with practically black hair. In addition, my hair is curly. So, in between the clumps of spirals you see head, head, head, head, everywhere! We don't want head, we want hair! Everyday I "paint" my scalp with Dermamatch. It's OK. But not the same as hair. I would love to come out of a shower or swim and not have to paint my head (women have enough to do already ). So, I thought I'd have my entire head colored in, solid. I know this sounds crazy, and I probably won't do it, but man, if you thought hair loss was bad, try experiencing it as a woman. Not a good hair day!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I was considering the tattoo option, because I'm a woman. My hair loss is throughout. What makes matters worse is I am white and very fair skinned with practically black hair. In addition, my hair is curly. So, in between the clumps of spirals you see head, head, head, head, everywhere! We don't want head, we want hair! Everyday I "paint" my scalp with Dermamatch. It's OK. But not the same as hair. I would love to come out of a shower or swim and not have to paint my head (women have enough to do already ). So, I thought I'd have my entire head colored in, solid. I know this sounds crazy, and I probably won't do it, but man, if you thought hair loss was bad, try experiencing it as a woman. Not a good hair day!
    I know how desperate you feel, but tattooing your head is a very bad idea. I personally think it’s unethical and irresponsible, especially for a doctor to promote this. Dr. Rassman just sees this as a cash grab and it’s disgusting! Please don’t do this to yourself.

I'm a guy experiencing this same type of loss and I'm 32 and not married. If I was 52 and happily married I may feel different!!!!!!!