Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by damnhair View Post
    I apprerciate your perspective southeast_eu, but my experience seems to have been a bit different than yours. As I said, I've already had the spot test done, and the dots ARE NOT too large. As far as the color change to blue/green...I know of more than 1 company that provides a written guarantee that this will not happen. HIS clinic is one of them.

I realize that most SMP clinics use semipermanent inks which fade in 3-5 years, but to me that is actually an advantage. If there is a scientific breakthrough 5 years from now I will be in a situation where I had 5 years of benefit from the SMP, and am back where I started (after it has faded), to consider whatever new treatments are available (without ever scaring my head with a HT, or risking my health with prescription meds). If no better options are available, I can decide at that time to let my hair progress naturally, or touchup the SMP (which they will probably be able to do even more naturally by then).

Ians head does not look as good as their current clients, because his head has basically been used as the testing ground for all the different inks and needles that they've tried over the years. The dots on his head are therefore in different sizes, and have slight color differences. His wife (who did the procedure on him) explained that to me when I met them. Since Ian had his done, they have advanced their practice quite a bit, but I still feel as though his head looks quite good as it is.

Still...I did not go to HIS clinics to have my patch test done. I went to a practitioner that had offices closer to me. They DID NOT charge me for the patch test or initial consultation.

I dont think SMP is a good solution for people with light hair, or people who look bad with shaved hair styles, but if you have dark hair, and look good with your hair shaved with clippers, then I think SMP can be a good solution.
    1.their guarantee is just for one year ..
    2.i you think iis a god ideea if the treatment fade in time dont be sure about that DOTS wont fade completly (thats the problem they will become lighter ) then you need touch-up again and again,can you explain yourself how the guy will working on the same dots to create the same size of your ,,hair,, how the colour will blend again (imagine your fade color on your head and touch-up with your naturall color is sound like a mix? )
    3.if doesnt matter the money for you have the remove service for the test you have done on your legs to see how the skin react and if that is possible leaving your skin without scars it will be a option if you are not happy with your treatment (yes i know a guy did the removal but it was after first session and very soon after he had done mht )
    can be an acceptable option if you feel there is way back to your clean head without big risk (only few treatment and cost)
    4.dont trust ppl..
    good luck!!

1. - I understand that the guarantees given for color fading arent forever, but as we've already discussed...these inks aren't made to last forever like normal tattoos. The inks used in permanent cosmetics (whether for SMP, permanent lipstick, eyeliner, etc) are made to fade out in 3-5 years. If you are good about staying out of the sun, and the pigments used are very dark browns or black they may last a bit longer, and if you are in the sun more or the colors are lighter, they may fade quicker. I dont see it being an issue to only have a 1 year guarantee, when the ink is made to fade out in 3-5 years anyway. I understand that the dots may not fade COMPLETELY in 5 years, but they will be almost gone by then. Thats just how the inks are made to break down. I dont see any issue with going back for touchups every 3 years if I am pleased with how it looks. The money those touch ups will cost most likely wont compare to what people spend on concealers, hair growth prescriptions, etc.

2. - As far as difficulty blending in the touch ups to match the original color...I dont see that being an issue either. The inks dont change colors..they just get lighter. Dark brown will fade to a lighter brown. I dont see why it would be difficult to touchup light brown to make it look like dark brown again. Myself, I have black hair. Regardless of what color the ink faded to, it wouldn't be an issue to touch it up and turn it black again. It's not very difficult to make black match black lol.

3. -I certainly wouldn't pay to remove the dots on my leg. Theyre absolutely invisible now, and I wouldnt risk scaring my leg (or spending $ without cause). If I get SMP and am unhappy with it, I'll just grow my hair longer again and style it in a way to conceal the SMP dots until they've faded out. I'm not bald now...I'll only be getting SMP to fix my receding hairline. If I'm pleased with the SMP, i'll keep a shaved head style and be happy to finally not have to think about concealers and creative styling every morning to make my hairline look good. If I'm unhappy with it, I'll basically be right back to where I started...concealing the corners of my hairline with topical concealers and styling until it fades out.

If SMP is able to disguise my receding hairline and make me comfortable with it again AND do so through a method that doesnt require surgery and medications, it will be well worth the cost. The fact that it will always basically look the same (no more need for styling products) and allow me to swim anytime I want without concern is just the icing on the cake.

I'm not expecting any miracles, but if it can do for me what it has done for the few people I've met who have had it, it wouldn't be an overstatement to say it will have changed my life.

I didn't read the whole thing, but if those head "tattoos" only last a few years then what's the point of having them?

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I didn't read the whole thing, but if those head "tattoos" only last a few years then what's the point of having them?
    Well not every clinic offering SMP uses the same inks. I'm sure some use inks that are more permanent than others (or even permanent period). The ones that use inks made especially for micropigmentation (permanent makeup), are most likely to last 3-5 years and then fade out.

The point, is to have a relatively permanent solution that 1.- doesnt require any daily attention like topical concealers, hair pieces, or comb overs, 2.- doesnt require you to take any medications with potentially harmful side effects, and 3.- doesnt require you to have surgery and risk any complications related to that.

The only maintenance required (which is more of a suggestion to help it look more natural), is that you keep the rest of your hair shaved low to blend with the SMP.

I guess the point is pretty much the same as a normal temporary tattoo...to give you the appearance you're looking for without the commitment of it being forever.

Saw some pics (non professional ones) on the net and it looks like shit

I have seen scarred people with skin disorders to get micropigmentation done and it looks alot better than the scar,,,
    Holy shit guys.....is it ethical for a doctoe to leave a 20 inch scar on the back of yur head??
    ethical for a HT doctor to place hairlines too low and no future donor?/
    I have seen REDICULOUS tranplants, and REDICULOUS hair systems.....but your all ok with those right??
    You tell me how rediculoous it is to have a huge scar on your head with grey hair....are you telling me THAT looks ok instead of micro dots??
    Dont worry people...these are probably the same people that disourage guys who work out as well.....
    Delphi...could you at least tell us your reasons or credentials for having these views??? Have you had it done before and had bad results???/
    I remember when FUE was coming out and EVERYONE was bashing it and couldnt believe it could be possible,,,,,,
    i Do believe Artistry concepts and goodlook ink are VERY shady.....they will overcharge you becasue there arent many that offer this service....Good look ink for 5 hours work will chard over 4 thousand dollars...

I have great confidence in HIS hair service and I will be having this service done this fall as they open their NY clinic. I will make myself available to those in the tri state area who want to meet for a cup of coffee after I have the service done because thats what one of the clients did for me about 4 months ago?

I liked what I saw. I thought the HIS service was totally realistic...otherwise I wouldn't bother with it.

I think this is a nice clean crisp look.

I could probably go another 10 years with couvre and toppik. Takes me all of 2 minutes to put it on and blow dry my hair with Gel. Nobody can tell I'm loosing my hair with these products in my hair. At 52 ...I just want a new look and I'm tired of using toppik and couvre..

Like I said...in a few months...after I have the HIS service in the Clinic opening up in New York City.... I'll be more than happy to meet up with anyone at a starbucks or any coffee shop...to shoot the breeze and let them check out the excellent results.

I still think hair transplant surgery is great for those who don't have to go multiple times.. I met with three highly regarded HT surgeons...and they suggested multiple transplant surgery's.....they wanted me to go on propecia and I'm not a fan of that drug. It masks the PSA test for prostrate cancer and thats the cancer that metastized (SP) into bone cancer for my dad..

I also didn't want the recovery time...of a hair transplant....and when the highly respected surgeons recommended here suggested multiple surgerys to get the job done to their satisfaction.. I'm not going that route..

I'll do the HIS service...2 or 3 hours the first time....then 3 or 4 days later..another hour and a half...and if need be a third session.. for one hour and I'm done..

I'm good to go.. (I'm not a model, I'm not an actor so I don't have to have flowing locks of hair and I really do think this HIS service will give me a nice crisp look)

JMO and best wishes to all you guys. You were all very helpful in my quest...(even if I'm going a new route)

JB

Damnhair you've got all of 12 posts to your name whether a persons got 1000 posts or 1 it doesn't matter its all about opinion what I want to know is are you on some sort of percentage from this clinic you sound like a representative of theirs I can't say too much as my case is still ongoing thats why I haven't replied to your post but I have had this procedure done many times this year in birmingham and london I totally agree with delphi and a few of the other guys people are trying to help you in making a decision at the end of the day its upto you only you can choose I had a patch test aswell beforehand and to be honest a small patch test is nothing compared to the procedure as for the guarantee it means nothing people in the hair transplant business will tell you what you want to hear we all know that its all about money pure and simple you can count the genuine clinics on one hand as soon as a client complains they don't want to know sound familiar to people they can't take your money quick enough when you complain all you get is unanswered calls and emails hopefully this clinic is different because I have no problem with their professionalism just the procedure.I'm not saying smp is unethical or lazy its upto the individual to make their own decision I'm just telling you my situation I thought this was the answer to my dreams a crew cut look wasn't really what I wanted but for the look of a full head of hair for the first time in years I decided to go for it what could go wrong its a tattoo giving the illusion of real hair I have to tell you I was slightly worried at the consultation when someone said don't get your hopes up too high I thought hang on this is a tattoo not a hair transplant I do agree with you about age it shouldn't matter how old you are but experience is very important I've had three different people doing my procedure which isn't ideal and two of the three are former clients this procedure is supposed to take take years of training to perfect I just wonder how much training has been given you know more and more clients not enough practioners train them up quickly I'm due to sort my case out in the next month or so but at the end of the day I'm a genuine person giving a genuine opinion on my procedure you might get 100 people telling you how brilliant it is you haven't had the procedure yet a lot of people have and aren't happy don't believe the stuff about no ones ever complained in eight years the guy who did one of my procedures told me how unhappy some clients are its just dealt with and swept under the carpet as for people not being familiar enough about the procedure I think thats you talk more once you've had it done not before I was like you before I had this done the inks do run and it fades out very very quickly(I guess you don't want to be in there every two or three weeks for repeat procedures)whats the point I stand by what I said I think its suited better to dark afro caribbean type people it does go very very dark when you first have it I was constantly asking them to lighten it if this clinic had done what they claim and a really good job I would have been the first to say how good they were the mistake wasn't mine it was the clinics I believed they could do what they said they could do it just didn't turn out that way how many times do you need to keep going back before saying enough is enough good luck with your procedure if you go ahead I hope it works for you.

thats one long sentence dude...
    On some other forum Dr ron shapiro had some great comments...he said basically yo approach with caution, some tattooing might work for some and not others...which is what an intelliogent, realistic person would say about any procedure...risks are always involved...im SURE people that have had transplants totally regret it to this day and whis they just shaved the melon

amd i totally agree..i think Goodlook ink and artistry concepts ..there is something drastically wrong with these places...you can smell the reptile scent when you talk with them....and again that makes you thnk they only want certain people for clients....so im assuming its the desprate pussies who will do anything and wont complain afterwoards...