Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I know how desperate you feel, but tattooing your head is a very bad idea. I personally think it’s unethical and irresponsible, especially for a doctor to promote this. Dr. Rassman just sees this as a cash grab and it’s disgusting! Please don’t do this to yourself.
    Well, micro pigmentation (whether for the lips, eyelids, scalp, or whatever) is a cosmetic procedure (as is a hair transplant), so obviously most doctors or practitioners involved with it, are in it for the $. That shouldn't really matter to anyone considering it though. As a person considering scalp pigmentation (or a hair transplant), the most important thing should be how well the service provided will suite your needs. That is the only way to determine if it is a bad idea.

If scalp pigmentation was able to provide her with the appearance of hair density that she is looking for (and accomplish that at a lower cost than a transplant or other procedure, with less medical risk than hair growth drugs), then I think it would be a very GOOD idea.

Scalp pigmentation definitely has its limitations (can't grow, wont change color to match your natural hairs potential color changes), but I think it has a lot of potential as well.

Obviously it's not natural, but no treatment is. Drugs change your bodys "natural" chemical balance. Transplants move hairs from their "natural" positions, etc. None of that matters. What matters, is to make whoever is doing it look (and subsequently feel) better.

I myself will be having scalp micropigmentation within the next 3 months (just deciding between companies now). I had a face to face meeting with a man who had scalp micropigmentation done over his entire head today, and although I did not examine it under a magnifying glass, it DID look quite natural AND REAL from less than a foot away. He had the very "defined" hairline that I'm not a big fan of with scalp micropigmentation users, but aside from that (which I assume was his choice), his "hair" looked extremely good. Basically, my only issue was that the hairline looked "too good". If any of us had that issue with our hair, I doubt we'd even be posting here anymore lol.

Additionally, the negative claim often made about SMP being prone to "change color over time" appears to be false. I was concerned about this too, but have found at least one company (one of the best), willing to put it into a written guarantee, that their inks will NOT change color over time (although they may fade to a lighter shade of black or dark grey over time).

Basically...SMP is not for everyone, but it certainly isn't the devil either lol