Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Head Tattoing

This might not be a bad idea, at a much lower price. Couldn't you just walk into any tattoo parlor and get this done? I'm a woman. My scalp shows, which looks awful. My friend is loosing her eyebrows, and she wants to get fake eyebrows tattooed on. Should I drag her to a tattoo shop and have them do my head while they're doing her eyebrows? How hard is it just to color in your bald spots?

Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    This might not be a bad idea, at a much lower price. Couldn't you just walk into any tattoo parlor and get this done? I'm a woman. My scalp shows, which looks awful. My friend is loosing her eyebrows, and she wants to get fake eyebrows tattooed on. Should I drag her to a tattoo shop and have them do my head while they're doing her eyebrows? How hard is it just to color in your bald spots?

Infinity
    This is a VERY bad idea. In time the color will fade and turn bluish. You will always have to wear a hat or scarf in the sun and it can cause a host of problems. Why not just use makeup to cover your bald spots? By the way, women who get their eyebrows tattooed inevitably end up looking like freaks. Tell your friend to use eyebrow pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    It’s a head tattoo! This is not a proven technique. Like with any tattoo the color will fade and change color in time. This is a temporary fix at best and has until now been pushed on these forums by tattoo parlors not doctors. I think that it’s irresponsible for a person who claims to be a healer to offer this to uninformed people who are seeking legitimate treatments for hair loss. Just reading your defense of this shows how desperate people are and Rassman knows this and looks as this a a cash grab. Don’t be stupid people, this is a bad idea and you would have to be a fool to tattoo your head! I can’t even believe that Dr. Rassman has the audacity to promote this.
    Proven technique? for what, hair growth or self confidence...I was very specific

What's the difference between scalp pigmentation and wigs/hair systems, HT, FUE, Minoxidil, propecia, prp, acell etc?
    All claim to restore self-confidence via hair growth
    All demand a long term commitment for "results"

One important requirement that all HT doctors will demand from prospective HT patients is for them to have realistic goals.
    I knew that I would never have shoulder length hair again. So my options were simple

1) invest in a wig/hair system that is expensive, maintenance overhead, and glue damage, and long term commitment

2) cosmetic products that cover up bald spots that has maintenance overhead and a long term commitment

3)use Minoxidil that has long term commitment and possible side effects

4) HT/FUE demands scaring of the scalp and it does not cure anything but move hair follicles around. A good HT doctor and a healthy donor area could do wonders, until your balding continues. Depending on your continual hair loss, will require more HT/FUE procedures

5)Use propecia, the possibilities of sexual side effects alone made this a non-option for me. It requires a long term commitment

6)PRP, it did not work on me, but there are claims that it worked on others by HT doctors. You're scaring the scalp in hopes of stimulating hair growth. You still need multi-sessions to get density, if it works on you, thus a long term commitment

7)Acell being simply pig blood was not an option I wanted to consider

8) laser comb treatment, not gonna waste my time or money

9)scalp pigmentation, imitating hair follicles by folks who are not regular tattooist. The fading argument and the long term effects arguments are based off of the knowledge folks have about tattoos, not of this procedure. If having to get yearly touch ups are my only long term commitments, then how does that differ from the other hair options?

Funny thing is that I'm sure each of these hair options were also deemed "stupid" at some point.

Inactive

Acell Powder is made from Pig Bladder, not Pig Blood.

Acell and PRP is your blood mixed with Acell.

Acell is an ECM (Extra Cellulare matrix) it keeps wounds from healing(scar tissue) and works as a scaffold to create not scar tissue instead creating normal tissue, like filling a gap.

From all your named options i would agree except Acell, cause this will be the future, at least in hairtransplants

1 easy way to make hair loss worse.

With all due respect how can you compare any of these options to TATOOING YOUR HEAD for God’s sake? It’s a TATOO, nothing more, nothing less. The same inks are used in regular Tattooing, don’t be fooled and they do turn bluish- green in time. Hair loss sucks, but don’t be so blind and desperate to make your situation worse. That’s exactly what these sharks are banking on.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Acell Powder is made from Pig Bladder, not Pig Blood.

Acell and PRP is your blood mixed with Acell.

Acell is an ECM (Extra Cellulare matrix) it keeps wounds from healing(scar tissue) and works as a scaffold to create not scar tissue instead creating normal tissue, like filling a gap.

From all your named options i would agree except Acell, cause this will be the future, at least in hairtransplants
    thanks for the Acell clarification

unfortunately, we live in the present....many of these options were deemed the future when they first came out. And then it became a matter of comparing which option was more promising of restoring self-confidence, sooner rather than later, then something else was introduced, and we repeat the query all over again

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    1 easy way to make hair loss worse.
    Please be specific so we could all benefit

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    With all due respect how can you compare any of these options to TATOOING YOUR HEAD for God’s sake? It’s a TATOO, nothing more, nothing less. The same inks are used in regular Tattooing, don’t be fooled and they do turn bluish- green in time. Hair loss sucks, but don’t be so blind and desperate to make your situation worse. That’s exactly what these sharks are banking on.
    I'm comparing the promise each make. None of the options cure baldness....so agin I ask you what is the difference between them?

If there existed a cure for baldness, then these options and these type of forums wouldn't be in existence
    You are saying it's just a tattoo without any perspective on the actual procedure. You could go down that list of options and make simplified dismissive claims for each one...

Acell is just pig bladder,
    HT/FUE is just moving hair follicles around
    PRP is just your own blood
    propecia causes sexual side effects
    wig/hair system is over priced

Inactive

Someone who calls a wig the future must be insane or i dont know

Tattoos are so absurd that i wouldnt even consider it without a cure in the near future, this is insane

A hairtransplant is actually not only a shifting from hairs, in my opinion a hairtransplant is a shifting of genetic material

Many of us have hind sight 20/20 vision....wigs/hair systems were the only options during a period, thus the improvement on the wig/hair system was deemed the future
    Shifting of genetic material / shifting of hair follicles...tomato / tomoto.....the point I was making is that it does not cure baldness

At the end of the day, these exchanges encourage growth and understanding of the options folks have who suffer from hair loss. I recall the same level of dismissive and non-supportive tones when I was researching my first HT procedure

Quote Originally Posted by HelpROGER View Post
    This has to be a joke.
    It does sound absurd.