Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    What the hell kind of doctor would stoop so low to do head tattoos? It’s unethical on so many levels!
    Plenty of people get head tattoos. Why is it fine when a tattoo artist does the work but unethical when a doctor does it?

Default I went for it.

Been wearing a system for 15 years. Tired of being a slave to it and not being able to do all the things I wanted to do in life from fear of being discovered. Done my homework and decided what I saw at Good Look Ink looked the best.
    Yes they are a new business and very small. Of course that makes anyone nervous but I was sick of wearing that stupid rat on my head even though everyone thought I had great hair. I went to them a mess. My head had really bad sores on the back from years of glue. They worked with me though and basically stayed away from those areas and I will have them covered when they heal and I go back for my enhancement. I was expecting a return visit anyway because i have tattoos and you always need to go back for a touch up. Even if I need some touch up years from now I believe and hope it will be worth it. I know right now even though I feel naked and having a hard time dealing with the buzzed look that I am loving not having to worry about my stupid hairpiece. I can be ready to go in 10 minutes now. I couldnt believe how I really didnt get many reactions or comments either way. I am in the military and getting ready to deploy so basically I had to do something and I didnt want to just shave it smooth again like before because I did get discovered then and was very embarrassed. It looks really good considering she had to skip those 2 spots. It is not as low as I wanted my hairline to be but they are really careful about not going to bold because you cant go back. I will probably have her lower it just a tad and fill in my temples a little more as well. The biggest maintenance is you have to keep it buzzed close every couple of days. Fortunately I have quite a bit of hair across the top of my head which helps camoflage and create the illusion. Not sure if this would be for peeps who are completely slick on top. I am 47 and since my genes were mixed with baldys and full head of hair guys I think I will probably always have quite a few hairs sprouting to keep the texture. Also I did have one very sparse HT in front so that helps too. I was really impressed with the owner of this company. He spent alot of personal time and attention with me because of our similar plights. We are both musicians who always kept this persona of alot of hair and style. He looked great and I believe his procedure was done in 2008. He also helped me by talking with me days later about everything I was going through with the transformation. There is a huge shock when you go from full head of hair to buzzed. I would love my hair back but it is not worth it. I hope I can adjust to this and my biggest fear was losing my wife's attraction. Fortunately she is not that shallow. I do hope one day there is something else like cloning but for now I have to rediscover myself and enjoy life without worrying about my hair flapping in the wind.
    Hope this helps.

Default one more thing about fading...

I have 4 regular tattoos that are over 20 years old and still look good and have not turned grey or blue and have had lots of sun exposure. Ink and pigments have come a long way. After dealing with these people on a real personal basis I was greatly reassured that they are not the type of individuals who would mark people up just for a quick buck. Alot does go into this procedure and I am sure they have alot of overhead to pay for and that is why it costs more than a regular tattoo. I have some pretty detailed tattoos and they took less time than she did just doing "dots". I got a really good feel from these people and I consider myself a good judge of character.

jholcollege11

Default searching for right mht clinic

Hey Freeman, I am 30 and have been dealing with hair loss eight years. I shave my head and like the look but I need a more full look. Im trying to decide between Goodlook Inc, HIS, and Artistry Conceptions. Did you learn anything about the other two companies when you were at Goodlook, and how long do they say it will be before you need touchups. Thanks in advance

Default Happy and can finally drive my car w/ windows down.

I went with GLI. They seemed the most personal and the others a bit shady. I was taken back a bit at first after I inquired about the procedure with several calls but after I committed and got to actually deal with the owner (who had a worse story than mine and had the procedure) I was convinced. It was hard to get used to at first and I do miss my hair but I feel so free now. My problem was from wearing the stupid hairpiece so long I had scarring in a couple of places that left 2 bald spots and they got infected from years of glue. They worked around those areas and they have finally healed up. So now I get to go back for my free touchup in April. I need it mainly in the areas where I had the HT in front and on my crown I dont think it took so well because it was like baby's skin and my whole perimeter is a bit lighter because of it. GLI actually tells me their procedure is not Micropigmentation because it goes deeper and is permenant. My procedure was $4400.
    Hope this helps

jholcollege11

Thanks Freeman. Yea I got a shady feel when I called one of the other two places also, and the guy over the phone did not seem very professional, courteous, or interested in helping me learn about their supposed one of a kind process. I talked to HIS and a british guy (operator) made me feel like customer # 2,888,777. I got a really good feel from the goodlook inc guy Alex, and they seem like an actual business as opposed to a tattoo parlor with microscopes and rulers. So did yours fade quickly on the front and the crown area, and if so was it because of the soft tissue damage of a hair transplant?

Yea, Alex is great. Just a young guy who needed it done and happened to be ready to start a new career and was able to move. If you can, talk to the owner. We really bonded because he lived an even worse nightmare and is a musician like me. For some reason I cannot think of his name right now. Darrin the president is a good guy to talk to as well. It is a small crew but they are very personal and proffesional. Yea, my perimeter didnt take ink I think as well as the top of my head probably due to the 15 years of wearing the system. I should have stopped wearing it for longer than I did but with my life it was really not possible. I do believe though now when I do my touch up I will be extremely happy. It is always the same even with regular tattoos which I have. You have to touch up areas later that didnt take or it is really hard to see micro dots when there is redness, swelling, etc. during the tatt process.
    Last edited by Freeman@last; 03-15-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typo

Default one more thing

I highly recommend Leah as your artist. She is their top one.
    Plus I am seriously thinking after I am done with this touch up, looking into opening a franchise locally when they become available.
    Last edited by Freeman@last; 03-15-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typo

jholcollege11

Thanks, I will request her. That is one thing I was concerned about-the artist performing the procedure. I have some tats and after 11 years I notice small specks of fading so I see what you're saying. I know it is impractical to think this will last forever without fading, but i only hope that it will provide the illusion of hair for a while before fading occurs. I already shave my head so all i want for my bday is alot more black dots lol, bc i have some but wana fill in gaps. Thanks for the inside info it really helps! Are u planning on getting into that line of work if they expand?

Getting your head tattooed is such a bad idea. Even it it looks perfect when you have it done, it will not last. It’s much easier to retouch or fix and regular tattoo that has lost color or gets blurry, you will not be able to repair the damage once it is done. These people might be happy in the short term, but they will be very upset in the long run.