Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chewytorch
    • Oct 2010

Norwood

If a Norwood 1 exhibits no hair loss, than why do i see some of my male friends with straight hairlines?
  • chewytorch
    • Oct 2010

well not completely straight but you know

Comment

• mlao
      • Oct 2009

Because not everyone is born with the same shaped hairline!

Comment

• chewytorch
        • Oct 2010

I understand that but the Norwood 1 is supposed to exhibit no hair loss. I have a lot of male friends that have a straighter hairline than that. I am at about Norwood 1 so am I exhibiting no hair loss or am I starting to recede?

Comment

• mlao
          • Oct 2009

[QUOTE=chewytorch;23422]I understand that but the Norwood 1 is supposed to exhibit no hair loss. I have a lot of male friends that have a straighter hairline than that. I am at about Norwood 1 so am I exhibiting no hair loss or am I starting to recede?[/Q
          It might help if you posted a picture.

Comment

• mattj
            Doctor Representative
            • Oct 2009

Some people consider the sort of straight, low hairline you're thinking of as a Norwood 0. That's not on the diagrams though. I believe people made it up precisely because the NW1 seems to show a small amount of temple loss, and so they wanted a number to represent absolutely none at all. Perhaps the scale was never meant to depict a zero hairloss situation at all and NW1 depicts a mature hairline.

It's best to think of the Norwood scale as a rough guide to different stages of MPB and not be too caught up with how exact the diagrams are.
            Last edited by mattj; 02-26-2011, 01:50 PM.
            I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

Working...