+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I have consulted with a number of very reputable hair restoration surgeons and all of them say that my head was essentially butchered by this clinic. The sutures were placed far too tight resulting in a zig zag appearing scar in the back that also was so tight that hair never regrew. also most of the grafts were placed FAR too deep resulting in pock mark scarring in the front of my head. many of the grafts never even grew and just left me with permanent ingrown hairs.
    This clinic is a scam. They dont use surgeons. They find doctors who are not surgeons and have little to no experience with hair restoration in order to have a licensed physician. The doctors they have used for the last few years were both writing medical marijuana prescriptions until they were forced to quit doing that.

There is another client that went to this clinic that was butchered far worse than me who was left with horrible scalp necrosis, and was essentially experimented on by Dr. Gerald Searle when Dr searle didnt know what he was doing.
    Last edited by Winston; 11-22-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Default Cancelled my appt with HSC

Thx u BolderBalder!
    Ive been researching hair transplant surgeons for months now and actually had an appt with this clinic this month. After reading your review/experience I cancelled my appt.

Ive narrowed my search to Dr Bernardino Arocha in Dallas; Dr Scott Alexander in Phoenix; and Dr Brett Bolton in Nashville.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I sincerely hope u come out of this on top. I thank u for sharing your experience as u have saved me a lot of heartache and money.
    Best regards : )

Correction: Appt was not with HSC but with Colorado Surgical Center. Ive suspended all my appts until I do further research. Thx again.

Default Typo

Quote Originally Posted by DD214 View Post
    BolderBalder, I think I understand your concern with your case but to be honest, when you go on sites like this and make vicious accusations 'saying stay away' from a clinic that has probably done 100's if not 1000's of successful procedures with happy customers, I mean really? What a horrible thing to say just because you didn't like your closure. This is an appropriate response to your situation? And calling them a 'chop shop' and expecting them to respond, converse and resolve your issue (if you asked). Get a grip... These are people you are dealing with. Surgical healthcare professionals who take pride in the work they do. I would take this surgical team over any other in the city when it comes to hair transplants and you were way off base.

I've used this clinic twice in the past year and they did great work. Especially a week ago when I had 2000 grafts done. It's been eight days since the procedure and my grafts are already healed and donor site sutures come out next week. The first procedure I had 1500 grafts done with Dr. Searle, who is no longer there. This time Dr Boland, who has been with the clinic for several years and his surgical assistants redid the suture line by Dr Searle using the trichophytic closure technique and IMO was done perfectly. My suture line hairs completely cover the incision just as the trichophytic closure was intended to do. My 2000 grafts created a perfect and precise natural hairline with maximum density. Just like I asked them to do and I could not be more pleased. Mind you, this was my second surgery and know first hand the cohesive workings of this team. I cannot imagine a better surgical system for hair transplants.

I saw your donor incision and that you wear your hair extremely short. I know the trichophytic closure technique is supposed to hide the incision line but I don't think that includes people who wear their hair like they just left boot camp. I just kinda think it's funny when you have 'surgery' do you really expect by wearing your hair cut so close to the scalp, nothing is going to show? You have to be somewhat realistic.

I'm assuming you told the clinic you weren't happy with your donor incision site and I'm curious what the director, Chris McTyre told you? From my understanding Chris has been doing this a long time and it's hard to believe if one of his patients called unhappy he wouldn't make things right? I'm pretty sure if you just called Chris and told him to redo the donor incision he would have. But that was before you went on your tirade.

Ironically, judging from your previously posted pics of graft sites in the front, the grafts looked like they are coming in just fine.... Looked like a really nice job and graft placements. I didn't see you write anything about that..? In the mean time, you could have easily temporarily grown your hair out a half inch in back and let the ones in front grow and walked around like Elvis until the clinic corrected your trichophytic closure to your liking. Too bad you did you think up that possibility before nuking them on this site.

Opening up lines of communication at this point might not be that easy now that you obviously tried to destroy their reputation on the web. Really below the belt IMO and what you did was not very smart either. A closure that could have been easily addressed and done to your satisfaction turned into a hysterical post that was over the top and overkill.

That's just my two cents but next time you are unhappy with a medical procedure, try the diplomatic approach to resolve your issues before hitting the panic button.

I would be happy to show anyone my 2000 grafts and trichophytic closure done last week if you buy lunch (in South Denver) and answer any question you ask.
    Sorry about the massive typo in my last post. Above is what I meant to write..
    Edit timed out before I was able to correct.
    Last edited by Winston; 11-24-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Typo corrected upon poster's request.

I would like to meet you and see your results.

Quote Originally Posted by deciding View Post
    I would like to meet you and see your results.
    Sure thing. Lots going on this week. How does Monday 12noon at Wahoo's, Hampden/I25 sound?

Default meeting yes

That is great
    Last edited by Winston; 12-04-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

I also had a bad experience at Colorado Surgical and Hair Institute. I had 1500 grafts which I would say maybe 60% came in and I was left with a big nasty scar due to the skin stretching. I foolishly went back to have a scar revision and ended up with the same problem. I am waiting for the revision to heal all the way and I will be making an appointment with a more reputable doctor to see if the scar can be camouflaged with FUE. The savings was NOT worth it.

Please check my post.