+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hello new here and need some advice :))

I am a 30 year old male and recently embarked on a mission to stop my thinning hair and hopefully regrow new hair. I went to a few places, (I live in Toronto, Canada), one was called Hair Club, they suggested a natural hair wash along with laser comb. I went to another clinic which told me to do a similar thing.

I have been doing the following program, go in 3 times a week for a deep scalp wash I guess, they apply some natural formula to my scalp then I wear a heating cap for 15 min intervals, along with this I get laser done at the clinic. At home I have special shampoo and topical solution (all natural) which I apply on days when I do not go into the clinic. Along with this I take natural supplements which are supposed to stop DHT, called Prvovillus.

This is a pretty expensive procedure i have paid about $2500 so far in 4 months and have not seen any results. The doctor keeps telling me that things are looking better and these things take time.

Has anyone ever done something similar to this, does it work? Should I stop wasting my money or continue?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey79 View Post
    I am a 30 year old male and recently embarked on a mission to stop my thinning hair and hopefully regrow new hair. I went to a few places, (I live in Toronto, Canada), one was called Hair Club, they suggested a natural hair wash along with laser comb. I went to another clinic which told me to do a similar thing.

I have been doing the following program, go in 3 times a week for a deep scalp wash I guess, they apply some natural formula to my scalp then I wear a heating cap for 15 min intervals, along with this I get laser done at the clinic. At home I have special shampoo and topical solution (all natural) which I apply on days when I do not go into the clinic. Along with this I take natural supplements which are supposed to stop DHT, called Prvovillus.

This is a pretty expensive procedure i have paid about $2500 so far in 4 months and have not seen any results. The doctor keeps telling me that things are looking better and these things take time.

Has anyone ever done something similar to this, does it work? Should I stop wasting my money or continue?
    Here's some advice. STOP throwing your money down the drain!. I haven't heard of the heating cap thing but it sounds ghetto. I spent a lot of money and wasted a lot of time on Laser therapy which does not work!!! I've learned everything I need to know since I found this site and the radio show. I also read the entire American Hair Loss Association website and you should too!

I almost purchased Provillus until I got an education here. Check out this post.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...ight=provillus

I have to agree with Laserhead. Unfortunately it sounds liek you may have fallen victim to an elaborate hoax. I'd get out of it if I were you. Shampoos and heating helmets don't do jack for hair.

Get yourself on Propecia - it is the ONE of ONLY TWO true proven remedies for hair loss treatment. Check out thebaldtruth.com - there's a new, really good Propecia article on it. You can get a prescription for Propecia with relative ease from a hair loss treatment doctor. You can find these kind-hearted souls on www.iahrs.org. None of these doctors would steer you in the direction you're in.

Another idea for you would be to ask this clinic you have been seeing some really HARD questions:

Can you see before/after photos?
    Exactly when can you expect to see results? (You're at 4 months now, and I'd be suspicious too).
    Can you meet patients that have undergone their treatment to assess their results?
    Are they connected in any way to the FDA or AHLA?
    Will they guarantee your money back if you don't get results?
    Can you pay AFTER you get results?
    How long have they been in business? How many UNSATISFIED patients do they have in comparison to satisfied patients?

Don't feel bad man, we ALL make mistakes. Laserhead went the lasercomb route, and I tried bogus shampoos and had a surgery when I really didn't even need it.

Good news is that it sounds like you're in your early hair loss days. GET YOURSELF ON PROPECIA ASAP!! You'll have an 80% or more chance of maintaining your current hair and a 60% chance of regrowth!

Good luck man!

TeeJay

Smells like a big scam. Get on Propecia ASAP.

Hey everyone and thanks for the replies. I will have another meeting with the doctor. Now I noticed everyone on this site is pro Propecia..lol I hope this is not a site that markets that product..

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mikey79 View Post
    Hey everyone and thanks for the replies. I will have another meeting with the doctor. Now I noticed everyone on this site is pro Propecia..lol I hope this is not a site that markets that product..
    The guys have given you honest and sound advice. To learn more about this site read my introductory message.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=60

I'm glad to see that you're beginning to do your homework.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Great thanks! At this stage all I am looking for is honesty.

My biggest fear with Propecia is the sexual side effects. Should I be worried? Will I have problems getting an erection?

Just do the math on this dude.

The route you are going now, with deep cleansing and heating lamps, is $2500 per 4 months, with NO RESULTS. That's projected to cost $7500 in a year, still with no results. That's an insane amount of money for no results.

Propecia is about $800 per year, with 86% chance of positive results (and 60%+ chance of regrowth), and only a 2% or less chance of sexual side effects. The math makes sense to me! If you are one of the few rare individuals that experiences sexual side effects, then stop taking the drug, and you'll get right back to your sexual normal self. The side effects are all reversible.

TeeJay

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    Just do the math on this dude.

The route you are going now, with deep cleansing and heating lamps, is $2500 per 4 months, with NO RESULTS. That's projected to cost $7500 in a year, still with no results. That's an insane amount of money for no results.

Propecia is about $800 per year, with 86% chance of positive results (and 60%+ chance of regrowth), and only a 2% or less chance of sexual side effects. The math makes sense to me! If you are one of the few rare individuals that experiences sexual side effects, then stop taking the drug, and you'll get right back to your sexual normal self. The side effects are all reversible.

TeeJay
    Propecia is pretty cheap when you look at it that way.