+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hey everyone, i will be starting Propecia this week. i understand the sexual side affect which may occur , nowis there anything I can do on a regular day basis to try and maintain a higher level of testosterone?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mikey79 View Post
    Hey everyone, i will be starting Propecia this week. i understand the sexual side affect which may occur , nowis there anything I can do on a regular day basis to try and maintain a higher level of testosterone?
    Hey Mikey79,

The incidence of adverse sexual side effects is extremely low, less than 2% during clinical trials. Men taking certain heart burn medication such as Tagament have a significantly higher chance of sexual sides effects, and chances are you've taken this type of medication without thinking twice about your performance in the bedroom.

FYI taking Propecia will actually raise your free flowing testosterone by up to 15% according to clinical trials, so you don't have to worry about your testosterone levels. Propecia simply blocks the enzyme that converts testosterone into the prostate enlarging and hair follicle shrinking hormone DHT.

Just relax, it is very unlikely that you will suffer with any adverse side affects and remember, good sex is more dependent on what’s between the ears than what’s between the legs so STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Good for you! Propecia is the way to go!

Hey I am very curious - did you talk to your doctor and/or clinic about the deep cleansing and heat lamp treatment? Did they give you any feedback? Spencer talked about this on his radio show last week, explaining that deep cleansing infers that hair loss sufferers have "dirty" scalps. This is a very old-school and outdated perception, that just isn't true. So, I was curious to know if your doctor and/or clinic gave you any feedback? Are you still seeing them?

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Hey Miley79,

The incidence of adverse sexual side effects is extremely low, less than 2% during clinical trials. Men taking certain heart burn medication such as Tagament have a significantly higher chance of sexual sides effects, and chances are you've taken this type of medication without thinking twice about your performance in the bedroom.

FYI taking Propecia will actually raise your free flowing testosterone by up to 15% according to clinical trials, so you don't have to worry about your testosterone levels. Propecia simply blocks the enzyme that converts testosterone into the prostate enlarging and hair follicle shrinking hormone DHT.

Just relax, it is very unlikely that you will suffer with any adverse side affects and remember, good sex is more dependent on what’s between the ears than what’s between the legs so STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!
    Your absolutely right! THANKS SPENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    Good for you! Propecia is the way to go!

Hey I am very curious - did you talk to your doctor and/or clinic about the deep cleansing and heat lamp treatment? Did they give you any feedback? Spencer talked about this on his radio show last week, explaining that deep cleansing infers that hair loss sufferers have "dirty" scalps. This is a very old-school and outdated perception, that just isn't true. So, I was curious to know if your doctor and/or clinic gave you any feedback? Are you still seeing them?
    Yes i did meet with them and she continued to feed me the same BS. However I did get some money back and will start with some Minoxdil.

PS..where can I hear Spencers show online?

Glad to see you found your way out of that BS and stopped wasting your money!

I am aware of 2 ways to check out Spencer's show online. He airs on Sundays, from 5PM PST to 7PM PST.

1) Go to www.thebaldtruth.com, and watch it live
    2) Go to www.stickam.com, and watch it live

TeeJay

great now if i miss it live...any archives posted online?

Hello again, I am 3 weeks into my propecia pills and notice more shedding then usual? Is this normal?

hey mikey,

are you sure that you're really shedding more than normal--or are you just monitoring your hair a little more closely now that you're on propecia? i have heard about propecia sheds, but a shed after just 3 weeks on the drug seems a little early to me. but hey, even if it is a real shed i think the best advice is to just ride it out.

well i notice hair falling out when I use a comb..on avg 50-80 daily