Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvilMonkey
    • Jan 2011

Does it look legit? Fincar 5mg from Inhouse

I just received Fincar 5mg from InHouse Pharmacy, could please look at the attachments pics and comment whether they look legit?

Thank YOU!

By evilm0nkey at 2011-02-22

By evilm0nkey at 2011-02-22

Links:
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
  • Sara Wasserbauer, MD
    • Dec 2008

Looks can be deceiving

Hi EvilMonkey, just want to raise your awareness that finasteride and Propecia are heavily counterfeited worldwide (http://www.rart.gov.uk/London+RART/N...+A+Million.htm). Even if it "looks legit," the only way to tell for sure is to send it to a lab and have it analyzed. I have seen fake Propecia and it is indistinguishable from the real thing; the bottle looks right, the pill looks right, only the effect is wrong!

In the end, I recommend buying the name brand from Merck until 2013 when it goes off-patent and true generics will eliminate the financial incentive to counterfeit this drug.

Comment

• billruppp
      • Feb 2011

I just asked my Dr. to prescribe 5 mg generic Finasteride and then I cut the pills into 1/4's. I have this 30 pill Rx filled at Wal-Mart for $9.00. This results in 120 days of Finasteride for $9.00 !!!!!!
      Why take a chance on internet meds?

Comment

• mattj
        Doctor Representative
        • Oct 2009

It looks like every strip of Fincar I've ever had. When I first started Finasteride I bought mine from inhouse and it worked for me. They are a popular online pharmacy and I doubt if they would start selling fake drugs - a very temporary profit-raising strategy once the complaints begin.
        I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Sara Wasserbauer, MD
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mattj
          It looks like every strip of Fincar I've ever had. When I first started Finasteride I bought mine from inhouse and it worked for me. They are a popular online pharmacy and I doubt if they would start selling fake drugs - a very temporary profit-raising strategy once the complaints begin.
          I completely agree - no reputable pharmacy would start selling fake drugs. What is more worrisome are the fakes that make it into the supply chain which are indistinguishable from the real ones without an analysis done. I am not saying "inhouse" has this problem, I am saying that everyone needs to "caveat emptor" i.e. "let the buyer beware" when searching for "bargains" on the internet. Even reputable pharmacies have fallen prey to counterfeits.

Comment

Working...