Threaded View

Default TeeJay's Hair Compliment - Jan 13, 2009

Jan 13, 2009 - Let's mark this date in history!

WOOHOO! Sometimes life throws a sweet little moment your way, and today was one of those days. For anyone that doesn't know me, here's a brief recap: (1) hair transplant of 800 grafts by Bosley in year 2000 --- the results sucked (2) found The Bald Truth in Feb 2008, and have been a fan ever since, continually educating myself (3) had a 2nd hair transplant of 1600 grafts by Doctor McAndrews of the IAHRS in Feb 2008, and the results have been EXCELLENT, as I am now almost 1 year post-op and (4) been on Propecia for a year.

Before finding The Bald Truth and Doctor McAndrews, I fielded my share of balding "jokes" --- hearing comments like "you need plugs" and "you better start wearing a hat to work" and "so when did you get this done?" (referring to my 1st Bosley hair transplant -- it was noticeable!!).

Well, today, things changed!

I went to the dentist for a regular teeth cleaning, and I'm always self-conscious in the dental chair because the hygienist has to get so close to my face/head to do a proper cleaning. The closer she gets, the more self-conscious I become, because she is close to my scalp and hair. While she was cleaning, we were engaged in a friendly conversation (as much as I could anyway, with her dental instruments in my mouth), and, almost out of no where, she pulled her instruments away, pulled her head back very slightly, and said: "I like the waves in your hair."

WOW! It was almost surreal. I haven't heard anything like this since high school, and I'm 35. Doctor McAndrews has helped recreate my natural waves! Nothing happened beyond this; we just moved on in our conversation and I played it off. But my feet were definitely tap dancing in my shoes. In addition to this, she was ALL SMILES today, more so than usual, as I have seen her numerous times before. Maybe she liked my attire, or maybe my cologne smelled nice, but screw those explanations, I'm gonna say it was the hair!

Thought my brethren might enjoy this story! I know I did.

All the best,

TeeJay