+ Reply to Thread

Default Whats up with this?

Can't tell if am worrying about nothing. As you can see. I have very blonde hair. So first question is, why is my scalp so red. I've checked for like psoriasis and all of that other stuff, but it doesn't seem to be that. Apparently it's always been that colour, so I dunno whether my hair colour being so light is making the scalp more noticeable.

And on to the other part. I posted on here a while back worrying about my crown - everyone says it's normal and there's no hair loss at all. But I was using the hairdryer yesterday and it seemed my hair was a bit thinner at the part just in front of my crown. Figured it could have just been the hairdryer blowing the hair around, so I took a pic this morning after sleeping on it to see.

So does that look like thinning or is it just the way my hair grows... with the scalp being more noticeable cuz it's red?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wooooqer.jpg

Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	8687  

err, I tried to edit my other post, but couldn't find how to. so sorry about this.

ANYWAY. I took another pic while my hair is wet. Now this is weird, because it looks as thought just the top of my head is red. I dunno if it's looks thinner, or whether my scalp just looks more noticeable because of my luminous scalp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hwj.jpg

Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	8688  

I'm not sure about the redness other than I've seen it before on many people (male and female) with blond hair and fair skin like you.

I went back and looked at the photos you posted in November and I see no loss at all. On the basis of your first row of photos here I would say that you might have some thinning going on around the whorl of the crown. The last photo you posted above does seem to offer the best evidence of thinning, but your scalp colour and the fact that your hair is wet could be giving a 'false alarm'. It's very hard to tell because certain lighting conditions and various ways that a person's hair can be combed will alter how much scalp is visible, and you could just have slightly lower than average density. What looks like minor thinning (which is the absolute most that you have) can just as easily be no thinning at all.

So by no means consider what I'm saying to be the proof that you were hoping not to get.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for the reply. Now, I've noticed from a couple of pictures on Facebook, when my hair is shorter than it is now, when there's a bright light shining on it (i.e. the sun, when it's hot), and with my scalp being red, it looks the same as those pictures I uploaded.

However, if I take a picture of it, or look at it in a mirror, then it doesn't look like that at all... you can't see my scalp.

Also, I've noticed that now my hair is dry and flat, if I take a picture using the same camera as I did for the previous pictures, the webcam on my laptop (using the monitor as my light source), you can see my crown, but not other part of my scalp. It's weird.

I might just try and see a dermatologist or something and see what they say. Hopefully, it's nothing to worry about :/