+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I did not hear the show, but this just cannot be accurate, can it? Sounds like a bad joke, especially as cooley is charging the same as for a fut at the moment. I think dr. Hitzig needs to comment on this to straighten out what has to be a misunderstanding.

These dickheads don't want help. If they were real men, that actually wanted to help, they would charge a fair price and not charge you if you didn't get any good results. If it did work, than they would make more than enough money.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    These dickheads don't want help. If they were real men, that actually wanted to help, they would charge a fair price and not charge you if you didn't get any good results. If it did work, than they would make more than enough money.
    If i was in their situation, I would charge patients the costs of materials, and then if the procedure yielded good results I would then charge for the 'procedure'

after all the Drs do have to give up their time from doing other money generating procedures to do this research, so they cant do it all for free

but i think acell is another false hope like i first suspected anyway now

To be fair then even if this turns out to work very well - there are no patents to be taken, and the doctors have already been very open with their findings so any other doctor could probably replicate the procedure quite well.

Therefor I don't think it's unfair of the doctors to charge people for the procedure at this point, because at the end of the day if it turns out to be a viable treatment they wont earn more money than any other doctors out of it. On the contrary I think it's very fair of Dr. Cooley to charge the same amount that he does for FUT, even though the plucking procedure takes way longer and is way more tedious. Although he has said that once he can definately guarantee results the price will go up to a limit where it should be for the the time he puts into the procedure.

If anyone should be paying for this it should be matristem. And they used to supply the doctors with free A-cell until they reckoned it was proven to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez View Post
    If i was in their situation, I would charge patients the costs of materials, and then if the procedure yielded good results I would then charge for the 'procedure'

after all the Drs do have to give up their time from doing other money generating procedures to do this research, so they cant do it all for free

but i think acell is another false hope like i first suspected anyway now
    Spencer mentioned something about that on the show last night. If I remember correctly, he said that he understands why these doctors are charging for the treatment even if it is experimental because of the cost of the material and staff, but he seemed appalled to hear what Dr. Hitzig wanted to charge the caller. It adds up to be about $100 per hair! He said that Dr. Hitzig has plenty of patients to experiment on during his hair transplant procedures so people should hold off to see results before rushing to have this done with Dr. Hitzig, especially at that price.

I think what Dr. Cooley is charging, even though it’s experimental, is fair since the average FUT is about $5 per graft.

Inactive

I think someone should adress this to Dr Hitzig. But as we all know the price will go down when other docs would offer plucking.

Acell is unfortunately not a scam or not working, ECM has been used in a lot of different things. Its not miracle powder, it only keeps the body from generating scar tissue.

But the price is over the top actually, but as a benefit they openly shared the informations with everyone but the feedback or the willingness of docs to use it is really low.

Plucking hairs is like FUE but without extracting everything and leave a hole. I contacted some clinics btw and some would be willing and some wont. Right no iam planning to write down a protocol for the clinics who want to experiment, including all the concearns people have and how to present proof, though.

I wouldnt do it, if i wouldnt believe in it. But if you just calculate it trough you come to the conclusion that it works even considering wrong things here.

The only reason WHY i believe in it is the fact that some docs also witnessed donor regrow after a ordinary FUE.

My prediction right now is, that the next generation of ht docs will actually perform plucking on a regulare basis.

Btw if those clinics accept to work with Acell and are willing to use my protocoll, i will share it in a year or so when concrete evidence can be gathered with everyone here and at hairsite, thats what i can offer.

4 dollars are absolutely acceptable but 100 dollars per hair absolutely not. I think Dr Hitzig should adress this matter. I hope he has good reasons for doing so, because until now he had more then just promising results. I think he charges that price because he doesnt want people to rush his place. Cause if that happens he can only transplant and transplant but not experiment further.

But as he answered the question already expanded donor is a reality today but the work is tedious and the price tag sucks.

I mean no disrespect when I ask this question but what are your medical credentials?

Inactive

I dont have them. But i think that in all those criticism by the hairloss community is some valuable stuff hidden. I see this protocoll as a "Best Off of Opinions and criticism towards plucking with Acell"

To be honest i dont think you have to be a medical superman to get to the point of a study. As long as you see it from a rational standpoint.

The driving behind this is pretty simple, iam sick of the standard excuses like " Oh no we are not planning to use Acell" " Ahhh this is junk science" " Rubbish this wont work because it simply cant work because we didnt find out anything about it".

I see this step to take action as a hairloss sufferer as an important thing here. Every year more and more repair cases come up at an alarming rate, so i think there has to be a full stop right now.

And what did we lose when plucking can become a standard procedure? Well Nothing, in fact we gained a lot more then just a "illusion". People then can finally say iam done with hair transplants because iam there where i wanna be.

And i know its easy to say "this wont work its rubbish" BUT if our ancestors have said " Ugg Ugg this warm thing (Fire) wont work lets put water on it" we dont know where we would have been today.

It always needs people to take one step beyond.

Thanks for your honest reply. I too believe in the potential of Acell. While I don't know the number of people who are dissatisfied with their procedures I think any therapy or new innovation that can advance the game is worth the effort.

Inactive

Exactly that. Because iam a vivid supporter of a very common Theory which says

" People down in the year 1234 could easily built an iPod or an helicopter. The only problem, they didnt have access to the needed technology. But ressource material was already available"

Also penicilin was found accidentally, so i say WHY NOT do Hair plucking and see where it leads us to. But if nobody is willing to, well then we will still live in another age of "useless " scars.

In the beginning people did also say the worst about FUE and right now its, at least in my opinion the most advanced hair transplant technique.