+ Reply to Thread

Default Fue who actually does the work

Does the Dr. actually perform the work of is the work of the trained asst.'s..please describe. I have read about shockloss, and a good Dr. may have less shockloss; does that come down to his staff or him? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by maxxmill17 View Post
    Does the Dr. actually perform the work of is the work of the trained asst.'s..please describe. I have read about shockloss, and a good Dr. may have less shockloss; does that come down to his staff or him? Thank you
    I believe most FUE docs actually do the extractions themselves. But not in all cases! Some clinics train their surgical techs to do the extractions, yet they market the doctor as the one doing the work. One clinic based in Jacksonville, FL is/was owned by a trained tech who did 100% of the FUE extractions and had a 'licensed physician" present in the office. The licensed physician never did any of the work from what I understand.

All patients considering FUE need to ask this question before they enroll for a FUE procedure because it's still unregulated.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Actually I think less doctors then you would think, who claim to do FUE are doing their own extractions. I would call the office of the surgeon you are considering and ask directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Actually I think less doctors then you would think, who claim to do FUE are doing their own extractions. I would call the office of the surgeon you are considering and ask directly.
    That's a good point Winston. I have heard of all types of variations in the performance of the extraction process. For example several patients have told me that their doctor held and guided the punches with the intial entry into the extraction sites, but then it was the tech(s) who actually made the final cut to remove the grafts. I have others tell me that they felt the techs were being trained to extract and remove.

And I could not agree more with you for patients to find out who is doing what before they commit to the procedure. IMHO, that's good advice FUE or strip.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin