+ Reply to Thread

Default Suffering from baldness at only 20

Hello, I am writting because (like most of you i imagine) I am very distressed about my hair loss (which is starting at only 20 years old). Pictures are attached...

I just noticed this today (I dont often look at the back of my head) and it has hit me like a ton of bricks... I have already set up an appointment with a dermatologist and am about to order some generic dutasteride as seen here;

http://www.unitedpharmacies.co...substring=dutasteride

I do not know if this is genetic (androgenetic alopecia) or because of poor diet and stress (Telogen Effluvium) as I am prone to both....

My biological father lost hair at 26, my grandfather (maternal) at 45. And I have recently been very stressed out because of personal problems and my diet has gone too sh*t, LOTS of bad sugars and carbs, which I heard can spike insulin levels (i am willing to bet my insulin levels are through the roof right now) and high insulin affects Sex Hormone Binding Goblinsomething which is useful for preventing DHT.

I have a quite few questions as I am interested in educating myself more on this topic;
    1- WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THIS!!!!!!
    which generic dutasteride would yield best results??? (i cant afford high priced brand names, even if i could thats too much of a beat deal for something that is only temporary)
    how effective are these DHT blockers???

2- Is there any hope left for me ???? If I were to clean up my diet now and get rid of this stress is there any chance that the hair would grow back? and If so how can I prevent the genetic hair loss from affecting me again???

3- Can Biotin/Saw Palmetto/other supplements actually do anything as an added help in combating hair loss???

4- What do you guys think about a low carb diet???? I was thinking about going on one to offset my high insulin resistance and look great in the process, but there are a few problems with a keto diet;
    -a high fat diet raises Testosterone which could in turn raise DHT
    -a high fat/protein, low carb diet could result in a poor net energy levels, resulting in the same results as an inadequate diet which is the cause of telogen effluvium)

-i posted this in other forums but you can never have enough help on this topic (plus some boards are kind of slow)-

pics;
    http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=P2180008.jpg

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...3DP2180007.jpg