+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eventually if they want to conduct human trials they will have to start with a test spot with a very low does otherwise nothing will come of it at all. You may not believe in it and that's fine but if anything is going to develop out of this researchers will have to try it plus you have no idea if it will have an effect on humans and neither does anyone else to be fair as far as I know. Plus I didn't post, "hey, can gmonasco can be a guinea pig for everyone else and inject it into his head?" No need for the harsh tone. I can pretty much guarantee you if this substance was or is obtainable people would try it so you won't have to worry about growing hair on your abdomen.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Eventually if they want to conduct human trials they will have to start with a test spot with a very low does otherwise nothing will come of it at all.
    But what they may eventually test out on humans won't necessarily be the exact same thing they as what they injected into mice, and it won't necessarily be injected into the scalp (if, indeed, the end product is an injectable at all).

if anything is going to develop out of this researchers will have to try it
    That's why this is an area best left to researchers, not self-experimentation by people who have no idea what they're doing.

plus you have no idea if it will have an effect on humans and neither does anyone else to be fair as far as I know.
    Which is one hell of a good reason why nobody should be injecting himself with it.

Plus I didn't post, "hey, can gmonasco can be a guinea pig for everyone else and inject it into his head?" No need for the harsh tone.
    Yeah, because desperate, uninformed people harming themselves by self-injecting untested substances is just the kind of publicity likely to bring serious research effort and funding to the issue of hair loss.

I have a question, could this be a possible cure to Telogen Effluvium?

Quote Originally Posted by fontanajul View Post
    I have a question, could this be a possible cure to Telogen Effluvium?
    From the interview and everything that I have been reading it sounds like it might be a huge step toward finding a cure for Alopecia Areata, which is devastating for many people. It might also help TE too since stress is involved. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, MPB sucks but Alopecia Areata is heartbreaking and it happens to so many women and children.

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    MPB sucks but Alopecia Areata is heartbreaking and it happens to so many women and children.
    I don't mean to sound like I'm advocating selfishly taking advantage of someone else's misfortune, but getting women and children with alopecia areata in the public eye more prominently might be a good way of publicizing (and getting funding for research into) hair loss in general, which of course includes MPB. Most people associate hair loss only with adult (primarily middle-aged) males, and those examples don't really generate much sympathy.

Inactive

I agree with Winston here. Iam glad that i only got normal MPB and not AA because this would be the pure horror.

I hope that people with AAcan be helped because in the normal Alopecia case like we have it, its more or likely the soft version of alopecia.

Gimme!!!!!!!!

I wish I was a mouse.

Inactive

Red face

This was huge news over at baldtruthtalkformice.com

Inactive

Yeah but its good to see progress even if those are mice. Who knows maybe there is a security protocol which speed things up