+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

No one should really know what your scar is from unless they have looked into hair transplant surgery...or have had one.

They sell a scar creme at your local Walgreens for about 20 bucks. It worked for me. I used it on my donor scar when healing...

I had a bad scar on my arm from a tattoo I had removed with a lazer and the creme reduced the pink color very much.

On a lighter note...I worked in an office when I had my transplant done where there was no option of wearing a hat during the recovery.

I told the girls I worked with that I had fell off a peer in the lake and had to get stitches in the back of my head. As far as my frontal hairline...I covered it with my wifes make up and said I had some bad sun burn!!!!

No one knew the better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caresabouthairs View Post
    No one should really know what your scar is from unless they have looked into hair transplant surgery...or have had one.

They sell a scar creme at your local Walgreens for about 20 bucks. It worked for me. I used it on my donor scar when healing...

I had a bad scar on my arm from a tattoo I had removed with a lazer and the creme reduced the pink color very much.

On a lighter note...I worked in an office when I had my transplant done where there was no option of wearing a hat during the recovery.

I told the girls I worked with that I had fell off a peer in the lake and had to get stitches in the back of my head. As far as my frontal hairline...I covered it with my wifes make up and said I had some bad sun burn!!!!

No one knew the better!!!
    Was it Mederma cream that you used for the scars?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

Excellent information Gillenator/Dr. Gabel!!!!

Varonil--- I can appreciate your situation---your story is one that we have heard many, many, unfortunate times. However, there are options--- From the pic you provided, your scar is not overly long, or overly wide and as mid 90's closures go, is not that bad(based on the pic).

However, 150 fue grafts will not make a huge difference in your overall appearance with your head shaved like it is.

It could be the 150 grafts were merely to test the vascularity of your scar tissue and test the potential re-growth of a larger follow-up session----I'm not really sure, so I will just state that I believe 300-350 grafts would provide better camouflage---not to completely eradicate the presence of a scar, but to break it up enough as to render it less of a conversation piece.

Also, if the tissue must be removed, Gillenator is right that a resection can be performed, any grafts removed transplanted to help disguise the old work, and a new scar produced that has a higher likelihood of accepting FUE grafts to disguise it.

Of course, that doesn't help you select the right clinic for you, etc... I would suggest working with Gillenator who is an independent patient advocate and can offer unbiased help--He has helped MANY people in your situation.

Take Care,
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.