Threaded View

Default Dr. Gabel reply

Adam

Thank you for posting your situation on the forum, which will hopefully provide you with some options and educate others who are in the same boat as you. There are a multitude of reasons why people develop poor results at the donor area from a patient’s own intrinsic ability to heal to the technique that was used to harvest and close the incision. Unfortunately, some people are just more prone to scar then others.

One question I have for you – do you have any other scars or incision sites on your body that have healed well or not healed well? I ask this because if you were to have a scar revision (which gillenator was referring to in doing the scalp exercises to increase your elasticity and remove the scar) I would like to know if your body tends to form larger then normal scars. If that is the case, you have to be very careful to excising the scar as you may end up in the same spot you are in now. If you do heal well after a cut or prior surgical incision, then reducing the scar as much as possible prior to FUE may be in your best interest. Also, did you have FUE done in the entire scar or just a portion of it? You should monitor the results from the FUE into the scar very closely to see if it grows or not.

Steven Gabel, M.D.
    Portland, Oregon
    www.gabelcenter.com