+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by varonil View Post
    Hi guys,
    Thanks so much for all your input; it is very very valuable to me.
    I'm going to post a few pics of before and after the scar camouflage surgery I had.
    McLovin I am considering going back to Dr. Jones because I am happy with the work, but your unfortunate experience with him makes me pause - I never want to go through the trauma of a bad procedure again. I am open to alternatives so Gillenator perhaps you can drop me a line or some recommendations, again everyone, my direct email is acmc75@gmail.com

so attached is my before picture, and then 2 pictures about 4.5 months later. The later picture may have a couple days more growth than the before picture, but I think the difference is pretty clear.
    Hey Varonil, I am happy I could be of service. Suffering from a bad HT stinks.

The work Jones did on your scar looks decent. If I were you I would quit while I was ahead. Jones track record is sketchy at best. The fact that he did a not bad job on your repair guarantees nothing about the next procedure. Even the worst baseball players still bat .100.

The scar is definitely filling in and you still have 3 or 4 months for potential growth. I wish you the best on this one and I hope you are happy with your results.

The scar Jones left me with measured at 6mm. It is a huge gash on the back of my head. I have decided to get it re-sutured. I have booked a procedure with Dr. Rahal and he will cut out the scar and properly close it. Judging from my scar I got with Jones I would almost assume it was his first surgery ever. The sad part is he has been doing this for a while.

As I said in a previous post, Jones offered to do FUE into my scar at no cost. I happily denied this. After consulting with reputable surgeons it was agreed upon that my best bet was to have this repaired by a Professional Hair Transplant Surgeon. I am very confident in Dr. Rahals skills and ability.

I wish you the best with this. I know how embarrassing a huge scar on the back of your head can be. Especially when people start asking you "what is that?", "Do you know you have a huge scar on the back of your head?" , "Where did you get that from?", "It looks like a perfect line".

Here is a pic of Dr. Jones' handy work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Scar - 2 Guard.JPG

Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1362  

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Here is a pic of Dr. Jones' handy work.
    McLovin,

I really respect your transparency and straight talk. Very few patients with visible scarring would be willing to share their story for the benefit of other patients. Is there a reason why you do not wear your hair longer in the back to better hide the scar?

And if you don't mind my saying, IMO as long as you have the laxity for the scar revision, yes that's the best way to approach it because if you can get it down to 1mm, it will be a huge difference. Honestly, attempting to fill a 6mm wide scar would be a major undertaking and probably never quite get it to the point you need it. I have seen it enough times. It would take multiple passes and obviously depending on the blood flow, the yield through the scar tissue will vary. Your scar is very light; almost white. From many years of observing scars and scar repair including many FUE into scar cases, when the scar itself is that light, the blood flow is greatly compromised. That's why removing as much of it as possible only increases your chances of success. IMHO, having multiple FUE sessions would just make someone that much richer and it's not the patient. I mean I don't think we need any in depth medical training to know that.

By the way, is Dr. Rahal going to consider employing the trico-closure technique to further disquise your linear scar? Your in good hands. He does good work and he also cares about his patients. Tell him I said hello.

And lastly, IMHO, you do not look even in the least way prone to scarring. Again, I think the revision is the right way to go and should make a big difference.

Would you be willing to share your progess with pics? Thanks again McLovin.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Yeah, when anyone asks about the scar, it really knocks me down. For many years my greatest wish was to be able to shave my head and be one of those sleek bald guys with a babe on his arm - know what I mean? It killed me to know my own decision (with a bad doctor - Dr. Taylor from Burlington) was the architect of my own demise.

McLovin - when did Dr. Jones perform his surgery on you? And in that case it was a strip scar and not FUE obviously.

Do you have Dr. Rahal's contact info? Where is he based? Its probably worth another opinion.

thanks again!

Default Rahal Hair Transplant | Contact Info

Quote Originally Posted by varonil View Post
    Yeah, when anyone asks about the scar, it really knocks me down. For many years my greatest wish was to be able to shave my head and be one of those sleek bald guys with a babe on his arm - know what I mean? It killed me to know my own decision (with a bad doctor - Dr. Taylor from Burlington) was the architect of my own demise.

McLovin - when did Dr. Jones perform his surgery on you? And in that case it was a strip scar and not FUE obviously.

Do you have Dr. Rahal's contact info? Where is he based? Its probably worth another opinion.

thanks again!
    Rahal Hair Transplant
    1883 Bank Street
    Ottawa, ON K1V 7Z9
    Canada
    Ph. 1-877-712-HAIR
    613-739-3044

Hey guys, what is the best way to know if a doctor is reputable? Other than this blog? Do formal agencies keep track?
    McLovin, you mentionned the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons for the Toronto area - do they publicly disclose information?

Hi McLovin, et all.
    I'm looking closer at Dr. Rahal, or the Shapiro Medical Group (the two seemingly most recommended clinics on this forum), for removing my old hairline grafts and splicing them into my scar. I'm wondering have you had the procedure with Rahal yet?
    cheers,
    Adam
    p.s. does anyone know a reputable Dr. in the Toronto area?

that scar doesnt look bad at all. why does it bother u so much ?

Anyway although fue in scar works, the survival rate is less than it would be on normal skin becouse there is not enough blood flow for the grafts to survive since vessels are cut even if the doc performs accurate extractions and not damaging any grafts (which is also something to consider)

I think u should get a consultation from a top doc in case u want to have a good ht in the frontal, that whats i whould do if i were u.

If u still feel that the scar is more important than the frontal and middle scalp appearance try consealing it with dermatch, it works well for scars. and i repeat the scar aint bad at all especially for a surgery in 1995, just a bit low.

No matter how many grafts u FUE into the scar it will ALWAYS be visible when u buzz the head, and usually people who do this kind of scar repair they do it in order to reduce the scar with shorter hair cuts but not buzzing.

Another option is to get revised by trichophytic closure

regards

I agree, the scar does not look too bad, but I do think it’s a good idea to have a reputable doctor like Dr. Rahal or Dr. Shapiro take a look at you. I’m sure any doctor in the IAHRS would be honest and tell you if you can benefit from more transplants into the scar.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    McLovin,

I really respect your transparency and straight talk. Very few patients with visible scarring would be willing to share their story for the benefit of other patients. .
    how come ? i dont see any reason why someone who posts his results wont say that his scar is bothering him. in fact i ve keep seeing dozens of people who do..