Numbness on top of head after procedure!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stormlaw
    • May 2010

Numbness on top of head after procedure!

I am 5 days post op. I had about 2600 grafts put in with a lot of density on the top front/middle/back (crown) put in.

I am experiencing some numbness and lack of sensation on the top front and top middle part of my head. I did have lots of grafts put into the bald spot in the back but I am not having numbness there at all. I am not having numbness on the sides either.

The doc says that with the number of grafts I had put in that this is normal and should go way.

What do you guys think?
  • stormlaw
    • May 2010

I found the answer to my own question which verifies what my doctor told me. I found it here: http://www.***************/hair-tran...plant-surgery/

Comment

• stormlaw
      • May 2010

for some reason the forum won't allow the url to display

Comment

• mattj
        Doctor Representative
        • Oct 2009

Some websites are not linkable on this site. I'm not sure why but it probably varies from site to site.

My answer is probably redundant now but at 5 days post-op you are bound to still feel numbness due to the trauma of the procedure, especially with densely packed grafts. The numbness might give way to tingling as nerves reconnect and then normal sensation should return.
        I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

stormlaw,

The numbness is due to the many nerves that were severed from the incisions made. The numbness is normal and nerve endings do regrow in the scalp. It can take up to one year for complete feeling to resume.
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• stormlaw
            • May 2010

I had my procedure on the 12th of Feb. 2011. My staples are out. My scalp is a bit sore and scabbed still on the donor strip. I still have a few scabs at the implant site. No shedding yet.

I still have numbness on the top of my head. The doc says that due to amount of grafts put it on top this is normal. I am getting some sensation back on top.

I am looking forward to having the donor area healed and seeing my new hair start to grow.

I have also been doing laser therapy 1 to 2 times per week.

Comment

• gillenator
              • Dec 2008

Well, best wishes to you on healing up and it will be exciting seeing the new growth come in!
              "Gillenator"
              Independent Patient Advocate
              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• stormlaw
                • May 2010

Thanks. I had my procedure on 2/11, about 3 weeks. the numbness on top is somewhat going away, but it is still numb where many grafts were put in.. Doc told me with the number of grafts I got on top it is normal.

I cannot wait to see the end result of the procedure with hair growing.

Comment

Working...