+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hmmm...TRX2 is supposed to regrow hair on animals as well as people. Someone should test it to see if regrows hair on those bald mice.

In all seriousness, I am so sick and tired of the idiotic "Cure for Baldness Discovered!!" headlines that always pop everytime someone makes a new discovery about hair loss. The reality is that it will take years of testing to see if something like this would be an effective hair loss treatment in humans.

From what I've read, pattern baldness is limited to humans and handful of other primates, so it is very hard to conduct animal studies on baldness treatments. That said, I thought one of the unique aspects of this study was that the mice were bred to have pattern baldness, which might make the results more applicable to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    In all seriousness, I am so sick and tired of the idiotic "Cure for Baldness Discovered!!" headlines that always pop everytime someone makes a new discovery about hair loss. The reality is that it will take years of testing to see if something like this would be an effective hair loss treatment in humans.

From what I've read, pattern baldness is limited to humans and handful of other primates, so it is very hard to conduct animal studies on baldness treatments. That said, I thought one of the unique aspects of this study was that the mice were bred to have pattern baldness, which might make the results more applicable to people.

Believe me... I feel your anger lol - but I guess on the plus side... if there ARE any stressed mice out there then they need worry no more!...

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post

I agree with you after reading the mouse article in the NY Times I sent them an email about Histogen.

Where do you grt TRX2? And have any of you guys actually had any descent results?

Inactive

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Believe me... I feel your anger lol - but I guess on the plus side... if there ARE any stressed mice out there then they need worry no more!...
    And I still have yet to see a mouse so distressed about his hair loss that he opted for a hair system or transplant. Most of them just deal with it.

Inactive

My bet is still on Histogen

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    And I still have yet to see a mouse so distressed about his hair loss that he opted for a hair system or transplant. Most of them just deal with it.
    You think that's Mickey's real hair? Don't be naive.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Seriously I recommend the following title as an adequate replacement:

Stress-blocking drug restores hair in "stressed" bald mice.

LOL@ "cure" - no matter how many times you use the word "might" in the same sentence - I always laugh my ass off when I see that word in any headline - seriously - what have "they" cured? TB is still around, all of the old diseases have simply gone into a state of remission due to our living standards, but still plague the lives of c60% of the planet - they wont cure anything - they dont want to -

CURES ARE BAD FOR BUSINESS.
    Quoted For Truth.

I've thought about this. It angers me a lot to feel so damn helpless.