+ Reply to Thread
    Inactive

Exclamation Balding in 20s linked to doubled risk of prostate cancer

Men who go bald in their early 20s have a doubled risk of developing prostate cancer, but those who lose hair in their 30s and 40s apparently are not at greater risk, French researchers have reported. The findings suggest that men who lose their hair very early in life might benefit from increased screening.

http://www.latimes.com/health/booste...,4374932.story

I would like to point out your information is from a ".com" site.

Oh I see its a news article. I don't understand why DHT production in a 20 year old differs from DHT production in a 30-40 year old... according to a text I have from school, hair doesn't lose it's natural ingrety till your mid 40's meaning in most cases, balding men before that age are "suffering" (as most of you like to say) from balding due to DHT... doctors? Am I wrong? Tell me if I am please. And besides from the little bit I breezed over... 350 or so people isn't a significant amount

I feel like I must add more to this... because someone I know read this early this week and fit himself into a new panic.

I am NOT scared of colon cancer, I'm not getting cancer, I simply don't expect it so it simply will not happen. I believe 80% of cancer is man made and I have the sources and statistics to back up my statement. But the media has now attempted to put some of you in a total panic. On top of already panicking about balding, now your going to get colon cancer and I'm not buying it. But keep adding more stress to your plate and believe me, you'll end up with some kind of cancer.

How many men develop colon cancer and what percent is 500 of that or whatever they used? How many men are bald? What are the odd's there are more bald men in the study especially with such a small number or people. I'm sorry I simply do not buy it. Double risk? believe it and ya.. your right.. you'll double your risk for sure.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jncogt14 View Post
    How many men develop colon cancer and what percent is 500 of that or whatever they used? How many men are bald? What are the odd's there are more bald men in the study especially with such a small number or people. I'm sorry I simply do not buy it.
    Why should we buy anything you say given that you didn't even read enough of the article to realize it was about prostate cancer and not colon cancer?

I'm not getting cancer, I simply don't expect it so it simply will not happen.
    I suspect most people here tried that approach with hair loss, and it didn't work for any of them.