+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Go to igethair.com to check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Is he an IAHRS? How is it soooo cheap? I have never seen such a special!! Thats less than $2/graft.....
    I know, that is why I went with this doctor. I figured why not get a good transplant for about 8 thousand dollars cheaper than some other clinics.

His story is actually kind of amazing. He has an identical twin brother who is also a doctor. His twin brother is a board certified Dermatologist and they work out of the same clinic. They each went to different medical schools.

As a matter of fact Dr. Behnam's brother came in, gave me a free consultation on a dermatological issue that I have, and gave me some free samples, right after my hair transplant.

Dr. Behnam is young compared to some doctors out there, but he got his training in, and exclusively does only hair transplant work. He has some board certifications, but I am not sure if he has the one you mention.

He lectures on Hair transplantation, and has a book on the subject coming out shortly.

I have been to many doctors and clinics in my 47 years. I must say that I have never received such personal and professional attention as in this clinic.

As an attorney, I will sometimes give my cell phone to my clients. Dr. Behnam gave me his cell phone and talked to me on Saturday and Sunday.

I am going to see him again tomorrow.

I know they are real busy, but they are not a hair mill like some of the places that I called. The technicians, and everyone in the clinic were real nice.

Look the bottom line is the proof is in the pudding. I am 3 days post op. Everything looks normal from what I can gather. I will post my pics as soon as I get them. Dr. Behnam seems very competent in what he is doing.

If everything goes well, and the hair grows, and I have no complications, I will be the best and loudest advocate he has. If not, than everyone will know it.

All of his past clients seem very satisfied. I am so far, but only time will tell.

F.Y.I. I am not a paid hack. I am just a guy who went in for a hair transplant!

A quick update on day 4 post op. I went back to the clinic today so the doc could look at everything and make sure that healing going to plan which it is.

I then underwent 20 minutes of laser hair therapy. It actually felt a good to be under the laser.

They gave me some gauze to wash/pat my hair with and some more of those disposable funky soft hats to wear in case I need to go into public.

I was told I need to wash the donor strip in small circular motions better, I guess to get rid of some dried blood and the goo they put on after the procedure.

My wife told me tonight that "wow i cannot believe you are growing hair so quickly." I told her that what she sees will shed and I will look like my old self until the new hair grows in. (hopefully sooner with laser hair therapy)

I am still really excited at the anticipation of having my hair back. Pics coming soon!

Default Before and After Pics on day of procedure!

Here are pictures that my doctor just emailed me from the day of the procedure. You can see the before pictures. The pictures of the lines drawn by the doctor, and the bloody after pictures after the marathon procedure!

I am healing well.

I did not realize I was so bald until I actually saw these pictures!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6030.JPG

Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	8642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6032.JPG

Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	8643   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6036.JPG

Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	8644   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6051.JPG

Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	8645   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6058.JPG

Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	8646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6059.JPG

Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	8647   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6063.JPG

Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	8648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6067.JPG

Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	8649   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6076.JPG

Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	8650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6084.JPG

Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	8651  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6087.JPG

Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	8652   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6093.JPG

Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	8653   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6095.JPG

Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	8654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6096.JPG

Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	8655   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6097.JPG

Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	8656  

Almost a buck a graft! That's crazy! It does look good. Hairline looks a little aggressive for 47 but looks well placed for your head. You'll definitely look 10 years younger. Curious to see how it turns out. Keep us posted.

I requested aggressive I wanted my hairline back.

I had my procedure on the 12th of Feb. 2011. My staples are out. My scalp is a bit sore and scabbed still on the donor strip. I still have a few scabs at the implant site. No shedding yet.

I still have numbness on the top of my head. The doc says that due to amount of grafts put it on top this is normal. I am getting some sensation back on top.

I am looking forward to having the donor area healed and seeing my new hair start to grow.

I have also been doing laser therapy 1 to 2 times per week.

Default Update Day 23

This Friday will mark my 28th day since my procedure. I wanted to post an update.

I have done 1 to 2 laser treatments a week since my procedure. The laser is supposed to reduce inflammation and promote hair growth faster.

First the donor strip is still healing. It is still kind of sore, and there is still some scabbing around it. I suppose it will take some time to completely heal.

All of the scabs are gone from the transplant area. Now I am developing some ingrown hairs and little red areas that are kind of sore. Everything I have read states that this is normal, and actually a sign that the hair is starting to grow. It kind of looks like crap to be frank, hopefully this will pass soon.

My wife states that it looks like the transplanted hairs are growing in some areas, and that I have had shedding and some shock loss in other areas. The transplant area looks kind of like a sunburn now with some ingrown hair bumps that resemble pimples in certain areas.

I am expecting full shedding, but the doc has told me that with the laser treatment, there is a chance that the hairs will just start growing rather than shedding. I am hopeful, but I know that I should not expect to see full results until after a year.

One thing of concern is that I have really thick hair on the back and sides of my hair. I am at day 23 right now and I can still see the gap in my hair from the donor strip. I had my hair really short prior to the procedure. It would be nice to have enough hair to cover the wound if you know what I mean.

So at day 23 I am an ugly duckling am healing. I am hopeful that one day hopefully soon, all of this will be worth it.

This is day 2 of my actually drying my hair off with a rubbing motion instead of patting it dry. I am still not rubbing the way I used too because of the donor strip still healing.

I will give another update soon.

Well it has been a bit over a month since my transplant. I went to the doc today for my laser treatment. I have been doing 1 to 2 laser treatments per week since the transplant.

I started taking Propecia today. The doc is starting me out with 1/4 of a pill for a week, then 1/2 of a pill for a week, then 3/4 of a pill for a week, then a full pill. He says that by starting off this way, it reduces the chances of having the side effects because it gets your body used to it.

I have also developed some ingrown hairs which the doc says is a good thing because it means that hair is starting to grow.

I cannot wait to get through this ugly duckling stage!

Default Potential problems with Propecia

After taking 1/4 of a Propecia tablet yesterday, I have decided not to take Propecia. I went on Google and searched for Propecia side effects.

I found this link:

http://www.propeciasideeffects.com/

and this link

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/mar...blems-20110318

The Los Angeles times article dated two days ago, March 18, 2011 was a big concern. Apparently more guys are having sexual side effects than reported in the trials for Propecia. Apparently, these side effects can be permanent.

For me the cost benefit ratio is too risky on this issue!

Thank God I did a search and found these links before it is too late. I don't know about you, but I got the hair transplant so I would look good to women, what good would it be with a reduced sex drive, and/or inability to get a good erection.

I think there will be more to come about the LA time article. I emailed my doctor the links and will talk about it with him on Monday.

Default How's the progress going?

Hi,

Just looking for some updates regarding your progress. Thanks.