+ Reply to Thread

Default Question about propecia for Spex or one of the doctors

I've written a few threads in regards to propecia and how it has either accelerated my hair loss or the shedding is making it appear that way. I know everyone says to wait it out because of the supposed "sheds on meds" but it appears that my receding hairline has accelerated significantly. On the left side where its receding there seems to have developed almost like a box shaped area behind the tuft (center hairline) where it has really thinned. I shave my head at this point so I can really tell. It appears as if its trying to meet the right side in what I guess would be the next step in mbp. I know everyone might say well it might just be the natural course...I've been shaving my head or keeping my hair short for some time now and that specific area has always been strong...even right before the propecia it was strong. Only after starting the propecia has it appeared this way. I'm just starting my 5th month of propecia.

I have researched the internet for accelerated hair loss on propecia and have read a number of people experience accelerated frontal hair loss even after 8 months. I've even read that DHT has a role to play in the body and it may not be to everyone's advantage to completely eliminate DHT...used the wording right from the site. (http://www.*************/hair-loss-in...discriminately). I really feel i'm in a lose lose situation at this point because the frontal loss looks bare to the point where even if the follicles are at rest...it seems the follicle isn't even there to regrow. Once again before propecia there were follicles and hair. So here I am I started these pills to help either maintain what i have or possibly regrow a little and instead it appears it has accelerated. Now if I stop and don't wait it out and see if it's the "sheds on meds", I will have wasted the 4 months of taking the pill. At the same time if I continue to take the pills and maybe my hair loss accelerates even more and if I stop who knows if it will regrow...the way it looks now it doesn't appear that way.

Please do you have any advice or any feedback from others who have had similar complaints and how it worked out. Have you ever had negative feedback from individuals? Also since propecia hasn't had much success in the frontal and temple areas concerns me even more. I really don't know what to do...I know its not the end of the world but its disappointing and brings your self-esteem down. It's unfortunate that people losing their hair go through this...it shouldn't effect people so negatively but the truth is it does. Any feedback is appreciated

Big D,

Propecia has limited success at stopping further loss in the front , it mainly helps prevent loss in the mid/crown areas.

There is no magic answer , wish i had it! At the end of the day we all respond differently to meds, however the meds are the best thing we have at fighting the curse DHT.

It is what it is, and only time will tell, give it 3 more months minimum IMHO. However the more you scrutinise and examine it, the worse it will get ;-)

Try your best to park the issue up, i know its hard but the more you agonise over it , truly it will not get any better. Allow the hair cycles time and allow the process to do what it needs to do to establish any benefits.

You have been on it a fair time, but not enough time to truly determine an accurate control.

Park it for a few more months and try prevent the agony your going thru.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Your right I never payed attention to it as much as I have since on propecia. Thank you for the help!

I'm on proscar since early april this year. Like big D its the frontal region and temples I'm trying to target. Again like D I'm losing alot there and quickly approaching a nw3.

When Spex says limited success on this region, could you elaborate? Surely a DHT blocker would hit all the scalp? I'd settle for the retention of what I had before going on, if I can keep that then I could hold out for the 4 years it takes for these new treatments to arrive

Waiting for new treatments to arrive could leave you unfulfilled in my honest opinion. Ive been around a long time and these "cures" always end up being 10 years away

Meds have proven to only really target and help the mid /crown regions, why ? Who knows. This is just the way it is and has proven to be the case for many over the many years ive been around.

Hey try them and see you may respond well and the DHT levels you are experiencing may be low, low enough to keep under control.

There is no hard and fast rule - its all about try it and see.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

spex do you know how i can get my hormone levels checked? Can i just go to the GP and ask him to check my hormone levels would they just do it without a proper diagnosis first?