+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Propecia for Frontal hair loss

Hi everyone,

I have been on propecia for about 8 weeks now, so far so good I guess, no sides. Has anyone here experienced regrowth for the frontal scalp or hair line? Does propcecia help preserve frontal hair or is it only for crown?

Thanks,

This is a great question.

I've been on Propecia for almost 1 year, no side effects. It's helped maintained my hair, and, odd as it may sound, I got a little bit of regrowth in my temple regions at about the 3 month mark. I do believe there are many instances of hair maintenance and hair regrowth in regions OTHER than the crown (which is what Propecia is known for). So, I believe it can help you maintain hair throughout your scalp, not only the crown. Regrowth, I believe, is more likely to occur in the crown area.

Anxious to hear other responses.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    This is a great question.

I've been on Propecia for almost 1 year, no side effects. It's helped maintained my hair, and, odd as it may sound, I got a little bit of regrowth in my temple regions at about the 3 month mark. I do believe there are many instances of hair maintenance and hair regrowth in regions OTHER than the crown (which is what Propecia is known for). So, I believe it can help you maintain hair throughout your scalp, not only the crown. Regrowth, I believe, is more likely to occur in the crown area.

Anxious to hear other responses.
    Cheers TeeJay,

It's good that you had regrowth on the temples I'm hoping to maintain my hair with propecia and any regrowth will be bonus. Look forward to hear other responses.

How does propecia know what areas of the body to focus on (there are many hairy areas on a male body)? Does it?

If it works mainly on the crown, would it be a good idea using rogaine for the temples in combination?

Hi Teejay....after much consideration about the side effects of propesia I have decided to take it before deciding to go for HT.Can you please tell me were to get it from or if i can order it online?I think its only sold on prescription.I am in Canada and I dont know where to go and get the prescription from.Also can you please tell me if propesia has any permanent side effects..?
    thanks

Hello there tarapuneet,

To the very best of my knowledge, Propecia is available only thru a prescription from a doctor. I believe the Hasson & Wong clinic is in Canada, and they are IAHRS doctors, so, check them out to see if they are in your local area. They can prescribe Propecia for you, and you may even be able to get Propecia from their office, similar to how I order mine from my IAHRS doctor in Los Angeles. Check out the IAHRS website to find Hasson & Wong or potential other IAHRS doctors that can help you. http://www.iahrs.org

You can also see any dermatologist and ask him/her for a prescription for Propecia.

Good Luck!

TeeJay

Thanks for the response Dr Arocha,

Am I right to assume that if propecia stops or slows down AGA, it means the hair line can be preserved. How do you find people cope with side effects in the long term?

I have some baby hairs that are fine around the hair line region that my dermatologist insists are finasteride related but you will never get density back from the drug but it is encouraging to see miniaturized hairs regenerated or halted in a miniaturized state before they completely disappear.

Skeptic1st

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bernard Arocha View Post
    Propecia slows or stops the progression of AGA in 90%, with regards to re-growth of hair in the crown 5% get strong, 21% moderate, 74% mild or none. Re-growth in the front half is only 1/50 or 2%. So if you are in the 9/10 that slow or stop the progression that is a home run, if in addition you happen to get re-growth then that would be a grand-slam!
    Those regrowth statistics sound kind of lousy...74% of all users will experiance only mild or NO re-growth?And thats in the crown??And only 1 out of 50 users will find any re-growth in the front half?

I guess the 90% of all users are just happy with slowing the loss,but if your in your 30's or older, the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic1st View Post
    Those regrowth statistics sound kind of lousy...74% of all users will experiance only mild or NO re-growth?And thats in the crown??And only 1 out of 50 users will find any re-growth in the front half?

I guess the 90% of all users are just happy with slowing the loss,but if your in your 30's or older, the damage is done.
    The damage is done if one isn't lucky enough to act as soon as they notice hair loss, truthfully I think the best someone can hope to maintain with propecia alone is a Norwood 3.

hair transplants are the only way to restore the frame of your face.