+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default When is it time to taking legal action?

This is a topic that is avoided because doctors can't stand this looming over their profits

I had a bad result and was mislead and deceived by my doctor and his staff and some people have read my posts on this board.

The story is long so I will highlight the important stuff:

Sales rep lured me in saying that the doctor was great never had a bad result and was capable of doing one pass results. He could easily do a session of 4000 grafts or more and wouldn't have to shave my head either (deal breaker)

I was quoted 3000-3500 grafts during consult, with absolutely no concerns and that he was confident I was a great candidate. NO warnings, no what if's, no concerns what so ever.

I flew across the country, and during the pre op he constructed the hairline and spoke about the crown being a priority.

I get in the chair and he goes to work, doesn't follow the pre op lines at all and shaves my head. I didn't know this until after the procedure...

Not only that, he injured my neck and it is giving me trouble to this day. Whenever I engage my shoulders or neck I have pain. I have atrophy in the muscles where the damage has occurred and a lump (which I am guessing is where he cut me and scare tissue has formed)

** my scalp is tighter than ever and bothers me everyday, when I smile, laugh, raise my eyebrows, talk for long periods of time tension increases in my scalp. I feel my doctor miscalculated something or created to much tension closing the donor, or both.

He claims the scalp doesn't move as one piece, I think he sounds like an idiot making a statement like that being a certified doctor in this practice.

-I have tension along the scar which feels like it is pulling.
    -I have thinning from him over stretching my scalp, which will take 10's of thousands of dollars to fix.
    -One of his staff has been very inconsiderate, even to the point where she was laughing as she hung up the phone, just very childish and unprofessional.

I spoke with the doctor several times as he promised to offer a solution, but has never give one after 2 long conversations. I asked what he is putting on the table for screwing up my head. He doesn't respond and asked for more pictures.

He has never taking ownership of any of these problems, he claims to have a perfect 8 years of doing work, and never heard of a problem in any of these areas. I laugh at this notion. He is full of shit to say he has a perfect track record. I have seen blogs that state otherwise.

He asked me to call him and he would offer a solution, but after again, two calls, nothing has been resolved

He has plenty of pictures of how he butchered me but knows the clock is ticking on the limitations of a lawsuit.

I have a lawyer, what should I do next?

Are there any attorneys that post on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    He has plenty of pictures of how he butchered me but knows the clock is ticking on the limitations of a lawsuit.
    I have a lawyer, what should I do next?
    If you have a competent lawyer, you should probably follow your lawyer's advice.

Why not out him here? Might prevent someone from falling for the same thing.

THIS is exactly why I haven't gotten a procedure done yet. Results can't be gauranteed. Most doctors also don't give a rats azz about you once you've handed over the $$$.

Agree with above post, did you go to an IAHRS surgeon ? please save the rest of us from this person...

Have you tried doing the exercises that clinics instruct their patients to do pre-op to loosen up the scalp at the donor region? Obviously this is done before the transplant to ensure maximum laxity for donor strip removal, but it could possibly be of benefit to a patient who is experiencing scalp tightness post-op. (Assuming you're well past the initial healing stage when it wouldn't be advisable to put that sort of tension on the area in case the scar stretches).
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Why not out him here? Might prevent someone from falling for the same thing.

THIS is exactly why I haven't gotten a procedure done yet. Results can't be gauranteed. Most doctors also don't give a rats azz about you once you've handed over the $$$.
    that is exactly how I feel about my doctor at this time. I hope he tries to help me, but if he doesn't I will surely mention his name.

I can't out him here, this may sound selfish, but I can't care about helping others with the situation I am in.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmr View Post
    Agree with above post, did you go to an IAHRS surgeon ? please save the rest of us from this person...
    yes.................

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Have you tried doing the exercises that clinics instruct their patients to do pre-op to loosen up the scalp at the donor region? Obviously this is done before the transplant to ensure maximum laxity for donor strip removal, but it could possibly be of benefit to a patient who is experiencing scalp tightness post-op. (Assuming you're well past the initial healing stage when it wouldn't be advisable to put that sort of tension on the area in case the scar stretches).
    thank you Matt, I will try to see if that helps

"I can't out him here, this may sound selfish, but I can't care about helping others with the situation I am in."[/QUOTE]

So you come on this site for help/advice, but you can't care about helping others? You're a douche, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    "I can't out him here, this may sound selfish, but I can't care about helping others with the situation I am in."

What doctor are you planing on using? If it is my doctor I will tell you through email.

So no, not at this time, I won't because of legal issues, but if you want help there is a site that has real patients and blogs that can help you.

I have one and if the doctor I used is on your list, you will read my story.

So I can't help you directly here at this time.