+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inactive

Question

I have a lawyer, what should I do next?
    What is the result you're hoping to obtain through legal action? A refund for your procedure? Compensation for pain and suffering? Forcing the doctor to address your issues? Sanctions against the doctor? Any kind of judgement in your favor in order to feel vindicated?

Default agree!!!!

My HT doctor acted the same way when I went to his office complaining about a bad result. Before my HT, I had thin hair on the top, but it wasn't horrible. Since I live in PA, I went to Dr. P (in Marlton, NJ). You should do a service to all members on this site and out this guy!!!!!!! I was ripped off too, but you have to eat it up.

18 months after the procedure, I had significant hair loss in the crown area. The grafts were placed in the crown and they are literally growing crooked and he couldn't see that when I visited his office. I ask anyone considering a HT to think hard about that decision. The disappointment can be worst the wish for new hair.

I didn't gain any hairs instead lost more hair in my crown area.

I'm staying on Propecia and that's it. These doctors don't care about your appearance. It is really sad. You come to this website and hope there are good physicians who went into the field to actually help us balding individuals, but it turns out NO. I'm beginning to wonder the integrity of this IHRS organization.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    What is the result you're hoping to obtain through legal action? A refund for your procedure? Compensation for pain and suffering? Forcing the doctor to address your issues? Sanctions against the doctor? Any kind of judgement in your favor in order to feel vindicated?
    I think in any situation you have to look at the big picture and the future.

I don't know the specific law or the past court rulings (that why I have a lawyer), but from a personal stand I have to say that there is a lot of damage done. Some of this can not be undone.

My doctor put me in a horrible position

I cant have another strip done, because of his poor work (scalp is very very tight) I took him a long time to close the donor, he said he was taking his time and at one point he became very upset and sighed in disgust with his only his assistant and myself in the room.

He injured my neck, this is in the same area in which he struggled to close the donor area. I am very convinced he slipped. I have a lump which I feel is either a muscle or tendon rolled up or scar tissue from a puncture.

The consults were 100% worthless, he never followed one thing we agreed to. We agreed to have a procedure unshaved, never happened.

I wanted the hairline lowered a little bit, and he placed it behind the existing hairline. Now I have hair growing in front of his work. A total waste of money, Transplanting over native hair. He said he followed the lines he drew, and for that to be true he would have had to draw the line in my existing hair which would have meant they wouldn't have been on my forehead like my pre-op pictures. Result is my forehead and temples are much more exposed ( I don't think anyone is going for that look, the I want to look older with my new higher hairline) what a horrible doctor.

I will have to spend 15-20% more on a fix because of this guy. I will need FUE, NO WAY will I ever have strip done or could I risk stripe again.

Here is a funny one, he claimed the scalp only moves on the sides and back, so there is no way I could have thinning from him stretching my scalp on top. If I look in the mirror, and pull my scalp down from my forehead the back moves. Its that easy to disprove this guy. Some of the things he said to me are just laughable. I mean if what he says is true how would the head even swell on the top?

He is just lying to me hoping I buy it and move on, but that isn't going to be the case. He said he wanted me to be satisfied, which I found to be a huge positive, but we talked twice and I always end the conversation with one question, what offer are you putting on the table, he offers nothing.

I have no choice but to take legal action at this point, my limitations end this summer

by the way my doctor is on this site

Quote Originally Posted by vassall View Post
    My HT doctor acted the same way when I went to his office complaining about a bad result. Before my HT, I had thin hair on the top, but it wasn't horrible. Since I live in PA, I went to Dr. P (in Marlton, NJ). You should do a service to all members on this site and out this guy!!!!!!! I was ripped off too, but you have to eat it up.

18 months after the procedure, I had significant hair loss in the crown area. The grafts were placed in the crown and they are literally growing crooked and he couldn't see that when I visited his office. I ask anyone considering a HT to think hard about that decision. The disappointment can be worst the wish for new hair.

I didn't gain any hairs instead lost more hair in my crown area.

I'm staying on Propecia and that's it. These doctors don't care about your appearance. It is really sad. You come to this website and hope there are good physicians who went into the field to actually help us balding individuals, but it turns out NO. I'm beginning to wonder the integrity of this IHRS organization.
    couldn't agree more, and my net gain I paid for over 7000 hairs for the top of my head. I wish I knew my net gain. My hair has never been thinner, never. My hairline grafts are also poorly place and in the wrong direction as my native hair, but that is one of many thing for all that has gone wrong. I comb my hair left and the grafts go right. It is a joke.

Inactive

Exclamation

I have no choice but to take legal action at this point, my limitations end this summer.
    Okay, but you still haven't explained what you're hoping to accomplish through legal action; you merely reiterated why you feel you were wronged.

Just as in the decision to get a hair transplant in the first place, you really have to think very deeply and carefully about what you hope to gain through pursuing a lawsuit. Otherwise you risk another large investment of time and money and emotion for a result you may also find deeply unsatisfying.

I do personal injury and medical malpractice in the State of California.

To sue for Medical Malpractice in the State of California you must; (1) Show that the doctor failed to act as an ordinary doctor in the community would have under similar circumstances; and (2) Because of the failure to act as an ordinary doctor you suffered damages.

Damages are: Out of pocket expenses such as loss of wages, medical expenses, future medical expenses, travel to and from the doctor, etc. Non out of pocket expenses such as pain & suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, etc.

Because of tort reform in California in the 1970's, non out of pocket or general damages are limited to a maximum of $250k.

Also, you must sue for medical malpractice in the State of California within 1 year of when you knew or should have known that you were the victim of malpractice.

Based upon the facts you articulate, you may have a cause of action for medical malpractice (failure to disclose), and possibly even fraud.

I am a California attorney, however I am sure that many states are similar.

Good luck.

Wow... The shit I read about hair transplants man... When I first came here I would DEFINITELY have had one if I had the money. Now that I do I never will ever.

Hair transplants are a joke... The amount of skill it takes to do it successfully is too much for 99.9999999999999999999% of doctors. Even if you find the right doctor... you need a lot of luck. Something will go wrong. Also, 90% of the time you get mediocre results that aren't ever thick. You get bad yield. A good HT is extremely rare from what I see.

On top of it all... it's EXTREMELY expensive. F*ck hair transplants and the selfish money hungry doctors.

Please out the doctor? Are you allowed to legally?

Another thing. Sometimes you wait over a year for results... everything about hair transplants suck. The cost, the risk the effort the emotional stress the time off.

I am glad I didn't get one.

Well it took me 4 years to take the plunge. I am 3 days post op right now and hoping for the best.

If it works, I will have my hair back. If not, I will still be balding.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Another thing. Sometimes you wait over a year for results... everything about hair transplants suck. The cost, the risk the effort the emotional stress the time off.

I am glad I didn't get one.
    smart man, I wish I didn't do this, it has been nothing but problems today and problems tomorrow, I am hoping not a problem forever.

It is funny when I see a bald person now, I envy them for accepting it.