Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nebs1962
    • Jan 2011

question about itching.

I was curious about itching. I am one month post op and my head itches pretty much everyday. Mainly in the donor area, but also a little in the recipient area too. How long does this last? What causes it?
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

It really depends on the individual. Doctors say that the initial itching is a sign of the body healing so it could take a little time for it to go away.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

All normal bro. nerve endings and blood supply all reconnecting. Its nothing to worry about.
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

You can try to use Nizoral shampoo on an as needed basis for the post operative itching. The itching usually subsides over time. If it persists call your hair restoration physician to get their suggestions.
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Plum
          • Jan 2009

I had the exact same thing following my second surgery. I had asked my doctor about that and he indicated that hair transplantation can affect the glands in the scalp and cause this. From what I understand, the scalp becomes drier and hence more prone to itching.

The anti-itch shampoos can really help.

Comment

Working...