+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow How Successful Are Hair Transplants In Women?

Answered by Dr. Dan McGrath

How successful are hair transplants in women? - Wanda
    - - - - - - - -
    In short the answer is Very successful female hair transplantation presents its own set of distinct challenges and the surgeon needs to be aware of the specific differences in the transplantation process between men and women, but there is no reason to believe that hair transplantation is less successful in women vs men.

Read Full Post on The IAHRS Hair Transplant Info Center

In short the answer is Very successful female hair transplantation presents its own set of distinct challenges and the surgeon needs to be aware of the specific differences in the transplantation process between men and women, but there is no reason to believe that hair transplantation is less successful in women vs men.
    Indeed - good reply!!

Good post,i`ve seen a number of very succsessful Hts posted online that women have had and seen one in person at Shapiro medical group where one of the female techs had a HT.
    It was very natural and i`d have never known she`d had any work done.

Laser Hair Therapy is a non-chemical, non-invasive treatment that is being used around the U.S. for the treatment of hair loss. Like other treatments (such as Propecia and Minoxidil), some patients tend to respond better than others. In general, it seems that patients who 'have more hair' (perhaps in early stages of hair loss) tend to have better results. Large-scale clinical trials have yet to be performed. However, many men and women are seeing positive changes in their hair in response to these types of treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by alizabell View Post
    "Blah blah" Shampoo is the most popular and effective shampoo for hair loss.
    Says who?

Sorry, I'm not buying into that phony crap - and I am sure an admin will delete your sales pitches before too long.

I agree with the post, its totally a fact that very successful hair transplant is having its own set of distinct challenges for a surgeon.

Very True. Success rate of hair transplant in woman is very impressive. Still one should go for experts in this area.

Really helpful post, can someone tell me What is the success rate and what are the chances of failure. If it is not 100 percent, what kind of failure usually people who go through HT face?

Hair transplants for women have really come along way and the results are pretty amazing. I have seen some great transplants that you just think look so realistic.

There are some things that you need to consider if you are wanting a transplant. Those who have anemia or thyroid problems should be treated prior.

You also need to have a thick enough area of hair on the back and sides to transplant to the balding areas.

Most of all you need a really go surgeon that can ensure that you get a really realistic result!
    Good luck!

They've definitely come a long way for women, but the surgeon really does make the difference.