How Successful Are Hair Transplants In Women? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Perfect answer by Dr Dan

According to experts a very small percentage of women are actually candidates for hair transplant surgery, approximately 2 - 5% will benefit from this type of procedure. The only women who are potential candidates for surgical hair restoration are:

1. Women who have suffered hair loss due to mechanical or traction Alopecia (non hormonal)
    2. Women who have had previous cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites.
    3. Women who have a distinct pattern of baldness, similar to that of male pattern baldness. This includes, hairline recession, vertex thinning, and a donor area that is not affected by androgenetic Alopecia.
    4. Women who suffer hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents and chemical burns.
    5. Women with alopecia marginalis, a condition that looks very similar to traction alopecia.

Due to the lack of stability in women suffering with female pattern baldness, women generally make very poor candidates for hair transplant surgery. However, if your hair loss is caused by any of the above mentioned, then you may benefit from this procedure.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Some females can benefit from hair transplant surgery when previous cosmetic procedures have created undesirable effects in areas of the scalp or face.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Since hair restoration surgery is a good option for nearly 90% of the balding men in the country, women think they will also make good candidates, but this is usually not the case.

According to experts a very small percentage of women are candidates for hair transplant surgery. 2% to 5% of women with hair loss will benefit from this type of procedure.

• Women who have suffered hair loss due to mechanical or traction alopecia (nonhormonal).
    • Women who have had previous cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites.
    • Women who suffer hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents, and chemical burns.
    • Women with alopecia marginalis, a condition that looks very similar to traction alopecia.