+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Bad fue or good fue ?

Hi ppl ,

i am new to these forums and would like to have some advises... I had two ht ( minor ) :

1. performed june 24th 2009 ( restoring hairline ) - 540 grafts
    2. performed jan tird 2011 ( restoring the same hairline ) - 369 grafts

ok so my concerned is am feeling that i got screwed... what happened is that after my first ht , i was concerning that there was a gap between the transplanted hair and my actual hair ... advised the surgeon , 2 weeks post-op ( that was after my first ht ) and he explained to me that i had to wait up to a year to see my final results ... ok , i said to myself he might be right , he's the surgeon...

waited a full year , got back to clinic and of course , i still got the gap but somehow the gap was deeper ( alright , i must had skipped a few proscar pills - so i understand ) so we ended up to the conclusion that only 85 % of the transplanted hair had growed back so i decided to go for second operation .

operation went fine , no gap this time and iam 1 month post-up but i dont understand why but this time , all the transplanted hair are gone ( i know that they were supposed to fall off from 2-4 weeks after op but it didnt happen the first time ) also , its seems that it had affected my actual hair, somehow it looks like i lost hair close to the transplanted hair ...could this happen in a month ??!! and i was extremely careful this time ( proscar + minoxidil 5 % )

am i paranoying ?? am kind dissapointed ...had anyone heard or any feedback from dr.Clas at www.ultragreffe.com

here are some close-ups pics ..

3 days posts-op after second
    =======================

today pic ( 1 month post-op ) after second operation
    =========================================

am sorry for the size of the pictures , but it actually shows you what its all about..

dub926,

First, let me welcome you to this community and also thank you for posting your case with digital pics. That in itself is an act of courage.

I am not familiar with your doctor and curious who he trained under, possibly another HT doc who performs FUE/FUHT. His website does not say unless I missed something. Also, I was surprised that the website has a section on "post-op problems" yet no mention of shockloss anywhere.

May I also compliment you on your hair characteristics. You appear to possess a high degree of coarseness, your hair being healthy and strong. Yet IMHO, you really did not need that much work. I am assuming you had FUE right? Then, you had your second procedure within the same surface area just seven months later. There is no way you could have had enough growth time for the grafts to come through from the first HT.

Your hairloss was minimal as noted from your pics. Obviously your concern was the mild recession that had started at your hairline right? Althopugh only time will tell. your hairloss does not appear that it will be advanced over your lifetime. Do any of the men on either side of your family history have real advanced hairloss? I am guessing not. The reason I am saying this is because there does not appear to be much diffusion of your existing hair, just hairline recession. Although we cannot see your crown, I am guessing it is strong without any signs of loss?

You did heal up pretty good after one month and assuming the infection went away by now?

Also, I see you are taking finasteride in the form of Proscar? It appears that you are taking one tablet of Proscar per day? I am also assuming you do not have prostate cancer and you are taking Proscar for hairloss only? If you are taking one tablet per day, that's 5 mg daily and overkill for addressing MPB. Propecia is manufactured at 1 mg per tablert and plenty sufficient for addressing MPB. For whatever it's worth, and I am not a doctor, but not good to be taking that much finasteride daily unless you have swelling of the prostrate. I am strongly suggesting that you talk to your doctor about this so you are not harming yourself. I am not giving you any medical advice, just warning you of the danger of taking too much.

At this point I suggest that you DO NOTHING more than wait and see how things turn out. Whatever you do, DO NOT ADD ANY MORE DENSITY.

Finasteride is not as effective in the frontal zone and so as you continue to recede as you get older, you want to be careful about making the area too dense with surgery.

Hope some of this makes some sense to you and best wishes on the end result!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Whether you were taking proscar or not should not have effected hair transplanted in a completely bare area of your scalp. You are not to blame for your disappointing results. It seems that almost every doctor performing hair transplants is now claiming to be an FUE expert, but I really think that most of these doctors just dabble in FUE to say that they can do it. I think gillenator is right in saying that you should just wait and do nothing for at least a year to see how things turn out.
    I hope things turn out well for you.

what are yu using for those pics? great shots

thanks for the advises...

i am taking a 1/4 pill of proscar ( finasteride ) every morning its overs 5-6 years now...i think you guys right what about waiting ... but i took those shots just wondering if its possible to see if it was done properly or not, ...the camera is canon eos model btw.

Quote Originally Posted by dub926 View Post
    thanks for the advises...

i am taking a 1/4 pill of proscar ( finasteride ) every morning its overs 5-6 years now...i think you guys right what about waiting ... but i took those shots just wondering if its possible to see if it was done properly or not, ...the camera is canon eos model btw.
    Ok, I see that you are indeed cutting the proscar pill four ways.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default 5 months almost 6 months post-op

OK ,

i am at 5 almost 6 months post-op and here are the pictures ( second operation ) .... does anyone see what i see ? , cause i feel that something went wrong , it doesnt look natural at all and those major gaps are pissing me off !! feel that i got rip off !!! PLEASE HELP ....

Never heard of this doctor before ?

Sorry man, but I see that gap and it doesn't seem your HT was done by a good doctor. The good thing it's just a small area and shouldn't be noticeable if you let your hair grow longer. But honestly, I don't understand why you even got an transplant in the first place. Your hairline looks 100% perfect. There's no loss that I can see.

About the transplants falling out. Sometimes almost all of them fall out within a couple of weeks after the surgery and sometimes they don't. So, you never know. Wait a few months and see what happens. You also need to know that transplanting into existing hair can cause a shock loss to the existing hair. It usually grows back though. I don't mean to freak you out but you should know this stuff.

I think you should NOT do anything about your hairline for now. A transplant as small as 300 or 400 grafts is just a waste of money and it won't change much in the hairline. I learned that the hard way myself too.

honestly ,

i wanted to have my hairline back like in my early twenties , i am 30 now and still wanna have those hair back lol. I know it seems like a minor issue but now that i did those operations , it turned out like a big complex to me now, wearing that freaking baseball cap to hide it. I guess the best things to do is to wait for now another few months but after , what you guys think about HT repair ? cant leave it like that !

If you're 30 and your hairline looks like that then maybe you're never going to be bald. If you had a receding hairline I would understand the HT, but I dont think you have a receding hairline at all.

If you decide to do repair work DONT go to the same doctor. I don't think this guy knows what he's doing. I don't think he should've done the surgery in the first place.

Have you tried letting your hair grow longer ? I'm thinking maybe if your hair is longer those transplants won't be noticeable. Wait a bit and see. Don't waste your money on something you don't need.

Good luck