+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Going in Tuesday for hair transplant!

Well I am going in Tuesday, in Santa Monica, CA for a hair transplant. I got my consult today. I have started doing the scalp massage thing.

They tell me I will need 1600 to 2000 grafts.

I am nervous but excited.

You had a consult today and they can fit you in on Tuesday

If I may ask, where are you goign to get this done ?

I am going to the Dermatology & Hair Restoration Clinic located at 2825 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 303A, Santa Monica, CA.

Doctor is Dr. Sean Shahrad Behnam, M.D.

Are you kidding? That’s crazy! You had a consultation on a Saturday and you signed up to have surgery on Tuesday? That’s a huge red flag! Did you meet with the docotor on Saturday? If I were you I would take much more time researching before you decide of going through with it surgery.

Actually I have been researching for about 2 years now. I have been reading different forums. I don't know how long I have been on here.

Some sites seem to be a marketing mechanism for certain doctors, or organizations, etc.

I finally decided to pull the trigger.

I have had consultations with many doctors, and they all tell me the same thing, that they can restore my hairline, bla bla bla.

I could put the procedure off for a few weeks but what difference would that make?

I decided to make the quickest appointment so I would not chicken out this time.

We will see, maybe I will put it off a couple of weeks.

I appreciate your post and concern.
    Last edited by stormlaw; 02-06-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: left out a sentence.

Question

If you were doing your research for so long, why would you choose and completely unknown hair transplant surgeon? It does not make sense to me. Well, I wish you good luck and I hope it all turns out well for you.

He has great credentials:

- Post-graduate training in Hair Restoration at Distefano Hair Restoration Centers
    - Board Certified MD Member
    - International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Member
    - American Hair Loss Council

he exclusively does hair transplants. He has no record of complaints with the state, and his rates are good.

His before and after picture results look real good to me.

I had some concerns after leaving his clinic yesterday; he called me on the phone to discuss them.

At this point I figure that it is time to go for it. I am sick of going bald!

Hmmm, ok. I would not consider those good or bad credentials, but as long as you are comfortable with your decision that’s all that matters.
    Good luck on Tuesday, keep us all posted on how it goes.

To be frank Amadeus, I am not comfortable with any surgical procedure whatsoever.

I freak out when it was time for a colonoscopy. I quit smoking after 27 years of smoking when I was told they may have to do a tonsillectomy on me because of sore throats I was having.

This decision to have a hair transplant has been a hard one for me. It boils down to am I going to do it or not, and I hope to god I don't get screwed up in the process.

I am sick of looking in the mirror and seeing what I am seeing. I look like a bald old man in my wedding pictures from last year and I am 47 years old.

By the way, I am a personal injury attorney who does medical malpractice cases. The doctor knows that about me as well, and still has no problem doing the procedure on me.

All I can do is hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by stormlaw View Post
    I could put the procedure off for a few weeks but what difference would that make?

I decided to make the quickest appointment so I would not chicken out this time.

We will see, maybe I will put it off a couple of weeks.

I appreciate your post and concern.
    I can't get an appt with my family doctor that quickly and you wre able to get one with a HT doctor .
    Does this doc have a website ?
    Hopefully you are comfortbale with your decsion because once work is performed , good or bad , you are stuck with it for life