+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

who cares if he knows you practice mal practice medical cases, in hair restoration unless the jury says you are disfigured, there is no punishment for him. So you could have zero hair growth, end up with a big scar on the back of your head, plugs in the hairline, pitting, etc etc and it would still be 'ok'

look, if you came here to tell us you are having surgery is because you have second thoughts, trust us, most of us are veterans and know what we are talking about. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Look for more qualifed ht docs. If you need some names I could gladly give you a list, but wait, don't rush into it, it's been 6 years and the decision I made back then is still kicking my ass everyday. patience, you say you have waited 2 years, what will 2 more months difference make?besides with a good doc you'll see results n about 3 months, with othe docs who knows if you'll see results at all!!! Check dr cooley , check dr shapiro, check dr wolf, check dr cole, check dr bernstein, check dr epstein, check dr rassman there is a huge list to check before you commit. Well I am just trying to help it is your life. Good luck with the decision you make.

Quote Originally Posted by stormlaw View Post
    I had 2500+ graphs put in today. I am very happy with the Doctor, the staff, and the way they treated me. The doctor seems very knowledgeable. He was very professional.

I have his cell phone number.

Now time will tell to see how this all worked out. I am hoping for the best!

I have another thread in the Hair transplant start your own thread section. Pics will be coming before and after the procedure in detail.

I am going back to the clinic tomorrow for a hair wash and my first laser hair therapy session.

The doctor also recommended that I start propecia right away.

Right now I am flying on a Vicodin and very happy that I finally got the transplant done.
    good luck I wish you the best and hope it meets your expectations.

as far as the laser and Propecia, I wouldn't even go near any of that made up crap. Propecia is not safe I don't care what anyone on this board says. Laser therapy seems to be very limited in what it can do.

Good luck,again wish you the best, it is a long recovery but keep the faith.

I am not sure if I am a guinea pig. Laser hair treatment has already been found by to be effective by thousands of patients.

I think that this particular doctor is doing his own study to see if it will decrease the time it takes for transplanted hair to start growing. As opposed to not using laser after treatment.

As part of the study, I agree to be photographed and monitored on a set schedule for 1 year, and to allow my photographs to be used.

I am not going to argue, I am getting the laser treatment as part of the cost of the transplant for free. I don't see how it can hurt, plus it allows me to continue to see my doctor to monitor my results!

I find it very hard to believe that only doctor's who pay to be accredited by a certain organization that is promoted on here, are the only ones competent to do good hair transplant surgery.

If I do go with the doctor I have chosen, and I get screwed up, it will be on me. You will all hear my cry, bitch, and moan.

However, I feel very comfortable with the doctor I have chosen. I have checked him out, I have verified what he has said with other doctors, my primary care physician, and personal dermatologist. I even went so far as to talk to my pharmacist to verify the steroids, pain meds, and the Valium they will give me during the procedure.

I think it is time to rock and roll for me.
    research the side effects, I heard it can make your scalp turn reddish forever, It depends on the person's skin.

Thanks for your comments MR. 4000. I have not started taking the propecia yet. I only had the transplant last night. Sleeping on my recliner kind of sucked, the back where they cut the strip out hurts a bit but not as bad as I thought. That is the only place I have pain right now.

They used singles all along the front of my hair line so I do not think there is going to a plug look.

The doc actually called me this morning at 10am to see how I was doing.

With respect to the cold laser, what they are telling me is that it helps reduce inflammation at the graft site, so they actually start to heal faster, and subsequently grow faster.

I am getting ready to go to the clinic to get a hair cleaning, for them to take the pressure bandage off and to get one of my free 10 laser treatments.

I will talk to them about the potential pigmentation issue you brought up.

With respect to the propecia, I will do some research before I start taking it.

Thanks for your comments MR. 4000. I have not started taking the propecia yet. I only had the transplant last night. Sleeping on my recliner kind of sucked, the back where they cut the strip out hurts a bit but not as bad as I thought. That is the only place I have pain right now.

They used singles all along the front of my hair line so I do not think there is going to a plug look.

The doc actually called me this morning at 10am to see how I was doing.

With respect to the cold laser, what they are telling me is that it helps reduce inflammation at the graft site, so they actually start to heal faster, and subsequently grow faster.

I am getting ready to go to the clinic to get a hair cleaning, for them to take the pressure bandage off and to get one of my free 10 laser treatments.

I will talk to them about the potential pigmentation issue you brought up.

With respect to the propecia, I will do some research before I start taking it.
    that may seem like a small thing, but I think it goes a long way. My doctor didn't care one bit.

I ask to be seen the next morning before my flight and they said they didn't really do that type of thing.

Have you explored hyperbaric oxygen therapy. If you want something that will truly spend up the healing process this is a great option. Great for scars and skin, and great for reducing of swelling. I'm shocked doctors are in the dark about using it. THere is no danger just don't light a smoke.

When it came to scheduling everything the staff couldn't be nicer, but after the surgery, they could careless unless there was a problem you brought to their attention.

That sucks Mr. 4000. I just back from the Santa Monica clinic. There was an accident on the way with bad traffic. I called Dr. Behnam on his cell phone to let him know that I was running late. I knew his office was closing at 2pm. I told him we would be about 20 minutes late. He was not in the office when I called, but he actually came into the office to meet me, he cleaned my head, took the pressure bandage off of my forehead, cleaned the donor strip, and to top it off, he also gave me the laser treatment for free as promised. I have 9 more free treatments as part of my package.

Man when he was patting my head with the gauze and cleaning material, it was sore. I have only taken 1 vicodine and that was last night. He said they put in 2600 grafts yesterday so my head will be sore for a bit.

I told him about your concerns about the laser possible making your scap turn colors. He told me that this laser was a cold laser and it promotes hair growth and healing even a day after the procedure. It takes away the inflammation and the hair supposedly starts growing in as little as 3 months if you do the laser treatment.

The laser actually felt soothing to my head.

I am telling you I had never had such customer service.

I kind of wished that they brought my hairline down a bit more than they did, but like He told me, I was going to go bald with the very fine natural hair I had on top of my head left. The concentrated on really making it dense up on top and the back bald spot. So when the natural hair falls out all the way, the transplanted hair will be there. Plus if I want to later on, I can bring the hairline down a bit.

I talked to him about the propesia. He said that it was safe, but that I would have to have a prostate blood test first to make sure that it is normal and to get a baseline because the propesia increases the test results by 2.

Dr. Behnam told me that he does not charge for followup visits and he encourages his patients to come in for followups. I am a part of the laser study and in return I got a reduced rate on my transplant.

I will talk to him about the hyperbolic chamber. My dad almost lost his leg to diabetes, and it saved his leg. I am sure it would make your head heal faster too. Heck the pressure may actually push the plugs in more

All in all I am very excited to see the results. The doctor is going to email me before and after pics. I may have my wife take a couple tonight so I can post some 24 hours after pics.

Thanks
    Last edited by stormlaw; 02-12-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo

sound like you are in good hands, good luck and I hope all goes well, and of course many new hairs.

Hang in there, it takes a while to heal, plain and simple. You can't speed up the clock.

Default Update?

How about an update on your progress?

yes how did it go?

I hope he got cold feet