+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs down

WOW! This is like a text book case of “how NOT to pick your hair transplant doctor”
    As a personal injury attorney you know that before this doctor does surgery on you he will have you sign a consent form that basically makes him bullet proof against a law suit. Worst of all if it gets to this point it only means you had a bad hair transplant that you will have for a life time.

stormlaw, the above commenters are only trying to help you. They are right. You are possibly making a big mistake. Please go to a doctor who is in the IAHRS.

I had a bad hair transplant and not a day goes by that I don't regret my decision. If I had gone to a better surgeon I would not be in this mess. Please do not make the same mistake that I made.

Please cancel your surgery for this Tuesday. Please research some more. You will be glad you did. Best wishes with whatever you decide.

Yes their website is at www.igethair.com

I talked to the Doctor again today and discussed all of my concerns with him. I feel comfortable with this doctor. I will have his cell phone number to discuss any problems.

We discussed Fue v. strip, he does both, (I will have strip done) we discussed number of techs, the fact that he will give me steroids for 5 days following the procedure to reduce edima or swelling, he will give pain meds for the first couple of days after the procedure, we discussed his procedure for suturing the strip, I forget the word he used, but it is the latest method to suture and make the wound have less of a scar, (I read about the procedure on here too, I just forget the name) we discussed the fact that I will also have as part of my treatment laser hair therapy (i am not sure when this starts after the transplant) which supposedly may help reduce inflammation at the implant site, and increase blood flow, which may cause the implanted hairs to start to grow faster. I say supposedly because I will be part of a study.

I assume they will start this after healing takes place. He says that the implants are not really solidly in place at the implant site until 8 days after the procedure. There is a ton of information.

I did ask to reschedule the surgery to give me more time to massage my scalp (and to talk to other doctors). So as of now, I am off for tomorrow, but I will have the procedure very soon.

I will let you know how it goes with pics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stormlaw View Post
    ..... discussed the fact that I will also have as part of my treatment laser hair therapy (i am not sure when this starts after the transplant) which supposedly may help reduce inflammation at the implant site, and increase blood flow, which may cause the implanted hairs to start to grow faster. I say supposedly because I will be part of a study. .
    Nothing like being a guinea pig

I am not sure if I am a guinea pig. Laser hair treatment has already been found by to be effective by thousands of patients.

I think that this particular doctor is doing his own study to see if it will decrease the time it takes for transplanted hair to start growing. As opposed to not using laser after treatment.

As part of the study, I agree to be photographed and monitored on a set schedule for 1 year, and to allow my photographs to be used.

I am not going to argue, I am getting the laser treatment as part of the cost of the transplant for free. I don't see how it can hurt, plus it allows me to continue to see my doctor to monitor my results!

I find it very hard to believe that only doctor's who pay to be accredited by a certain organization that is promoted on here, are the only ones competent to do good hair transplant surgery.

If I do go with the doctor I have chosen, and I get screwed up, it will be on me. You will all hear my cry, bitch, and moan.

However, I feel very comfortable with the doctor I have chosen. I have checked him out, I have verified what he has said with other doctors, my primary care physician, and personal dermatologist. I even went so far as to talk to my pharmacist to verify the steroids, pain meds, and the Valium they will give me during the procedure.

I think it is time to rock and roll for me.

The thing is, even if you are not completely botched there is a chance that you could have had a much better hair transplant from a well known and more experienced hair transplant doctor. Did you check his staff out? How long have they been doing hair transplantation. I just looked at his website and he pays to be accredited by every organization that he displays so what does that have to do with anything? His entire home page is a big banner ad! Does this mean he’s a bad doctor? No, but it does not mean he’s any good either.
    People here are just trying to help you. You've made your decision and we all hope that it is a good one for you. Good luck with your hair transplant.

Inactive

Ok buddy text book case of " This will bite you in the ass in a few years" i guarantee you that

Quote Originally Posted by stormlaw View Post
    He has great credentials:

- Post-graduate training in Hair Restoration at Distefano Hair Restoration Centers
    - Board Certified MD Member
    - International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Member
    - American Hair Loss Council

he exclusively does hair transplants. He has no record of complaints with the state, and his rates are good.

His before and after picture results look real good to me.

I had some concerns after leaving his clinic yesterday; he called me on the phone to discuss them.

At this point I figure that it is time to go for it. I am sick of going bald!
    I kinda did the same thing with a doctor that had a very good rep, and it turned out a disaster, I would tell you NOT to do it. I trusted my doctor and he destroyed my head.

but I can't base everything on my experience, just prepare for the worst, I wish I did.

I had 2500+ graphs put in today. I am very happy with the Doctor, the staff, and the way they treated me. The doctor seems very knowledgeable. He was very professional.

I have his cell phone number.

Now time will tell to see how this all worked out. I am hoping for the best!

I have another thread in the Hair transplant start your own thread section. Pics will be coming before and after the procedure in detail.

I am going back to the clinic tomorrow for a hair wash and my first laser hair therapy session.

The doctor also recommended that I start propecia right away.

Right now I am flying on a Vicodin and very happy that I finally got the transplant done.