+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 225 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2248

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Just reading through the Histogen article and it states, 'HSC's effect on hair growth was concentrated within 1-2mm of the site of injection'.

I read somewhere that it spread out
    once injected...otherwise you would need hundreds of injections. ouch!
    It can't be any worse then getting micro scalp pigmentation. So for the real deal, sign me up.

Inactive

Red face

I read somewhere that it spread out once injected...otherwise you would need hundreds of injections. ouch!
    That still sounds better than the thousands of slits in your scalp that an HT requires, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    I'm on the side of promoting accurate information and realistic expectations. Which side are you on?
    Its grown hair though

This is incredible and it's just Phase I. I already thought they're good, but not that good..

Anyone got any news as to what is being said at this conference thats going on?

I read somewhere that it spread out once injected...otherwise you would need hundreds of injections. ouch!
    ^ that's my biggest worry right now.... 2mm is nothing. That's less than the size of your fingernail.
    To apply all that growth on your entire head would need 50,000+ injections...

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Its grown hair though
    It has, but the important question, as always, is how much of that growth is truly "new" hair (i.e., newly-created follices or revived "dead" follicles) rather than existing hair that has just come out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. Histogen's paper references the latter:

"Preclinical studies demonstrated no safety issues and suggested that the induction of anagen in telogen follicles in a murine model of hair growth might be accelerated by injection of HSC."

It has, but the important question, as always, is how much of that growth is truly "new" hair (i.e., newly-created follices or revived "dead" follicles) rather than existing hair that has just come out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. Histogen's paper references the latter:

"Preclinical studies demonstrated no safety issues and suggested that the induction of anagen in telogen follicles in a murine model of hair growth might be accelerated by injection of HSC."
    Well either way, don't you think this is better then NOTHING? Given what we have on the market are full of side effects. Heck, if it wasn't for the sides, I would probably be using propecia right now.

TBH imo I think histogens treatment will benefit both diffuse thinners and early norwoods. May also give high NWs more coverage after a hair transplant.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Well either way, don't you think this is better then NOTHING?
    Maybe, maybe not. Some have suggested that minoxidil works primarily by coaxing telogen follicles out of the resting phase, so if that's what HSC is doing, it might not be so different in kind from existing treatments.

The point is that just what HSC is doing, how well it's doing it, and whether it's safe are still issues that are very much up in the air and won't be known until more testing is completed.

Maybe, maybe not. Some have suggested that minoxidil works primarily by coaxing telogen follicles out of the resting phase, so if that's what HSC is doing, it might not be so different in kind from existing treatments.

The point is that just what HSC is doing, how well it's doing it, and whether it's safe are still issues that are very much up in the air and won't be known until more testing is completed.
    Well unlike minox, HSC does not need to be reapplied everyday.