X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by BoSox
    This confuses me, I thought they discovered hair follicles are shrunken down, microscopic , but still there. Shouldn't treatments restore these follicles back?
    There's a difference between follicles that are miniaturized and those that have stopped producing hair altogether. What works on the former may not necessarily work on the latter.

Comment

• gmonasco
      Inactive
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by 2020
      73% growth was from this one subject ONLY
      You also have to be careful about how that growth is measured. If you have 100 hairs in a given area of your head and some treatment increases that hair count to 200, that's a 100% increase based on the existing hair count. But if that area of your head initially held 5,000 hairs prior to the onset of MPB, an increase of 100 hairs isn't going to make any cosmetic difference to your appearance. You would have to hope that such a treatment was compoundable to be effective.

Comment

• john2399
        • Jan 2012

^ that's more likely.....

Histogen is not in the business of actually CLONING hair, it just works with what you got
        Where you been 2020...you vanished after replicel results lol

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by john2399
          Where you been 2020...you vanished after replicel results lol
          lol, I've been busy studying for the exams

don't really care about Replicel results at the moment, Histogen was my first choice anyways...

Comment

• john2399
            • Jan 2012

don't really care about Replicel results at the moment, Histogen was my first choice anyways...
            man i really hope this histogen can just be a good effective treatment..hopefully soon

Comment

• Kirby_
              • Jan 2012

HSC isn't going to be perfect, but it's the future super-treatment that seems (IMO) the most likely to end up having mass-market affordability. If it tends up costing in the same region as laser eye treatments (Lasik and so on), or better, even cheaper than that, it's there.

Comment

• Maradona
                • Nov 2011

Are you taking fin and taking exams? Man that must be tough.

I am waiting for final exams to end before I shoot myself in the mouth with fin.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
                  Are you taking fin and taking exams? Man that must be tough.

I am waiting for final exams to end before I shoot myself in the mouth with fin.
                  lol what does fin have to do with taking exams?

Comment

• ccmethinning
                    • Jan 2012

lol what does fin have to do with taking exams?
                    People have reported diminished mental capability and depression as side effects of fin.

Comment

• john2399
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ccmethinning
                      People have reported diminished mental capability and depression as side effects of fin.
                      That is so bull. No way in hell does fin cause diminished mental capability. Its amazing what people on this drug believe it can cause. Been on fin for 11 months and no side effects at all.

Comment

• Kirby_
                        • Jan 2012

I is on fin I deffo aint been having nuffink wrongs with how me finkings works in me 'ead

Comment

• Kiwi
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                          That is so bull. No way in hell does fin cause diminished mental capability. Its amazing what people on this drug believe it can cause. Been on fin for 11 months and no side effects at all.
                          It caused my morning erections to pretty much vanish. But they are back with a vengeance now that I've stopped taking it.

My god I hope Histogen works!!!

Comment

• eqvist
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by ccmethinning
                            Itīs funny how people can even think that depression is a side effect of fin. Donīt you think that people that goes on fin have depression from hair loss? I can buy that those who have some dick problems of fin can get depression but otherwise hell no!

Comment

• eqvist
                              • Aug 2011

If histogen can make my thinning hair follicles to produce full-thickness and produce with the help of fine normal hair for about 10 years at a reasonable price, I will leave the hair depression a decade!!! I will also make a histogen tattoo! Please god make this work!

Comment

• tizzle
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gmonasco
                                You also have to be careful about how that growth is measured. If you have 100 hairs in a given area of your head and some treatment increases that hair count to 200, that's a 100% increase based on the existing hair count. But if that area of your head initially held 5,000 hairs prior to the onset of MPB, an increase of 100 hairs isn't going to make any cosmetic difference to your appearance. You would have to hope that such a treatment was compoundable to be effective.
                                But we also have to keep in mind that hair thicknes has also increased by 20% or something like that which makes a difference too.

And it was the first trial, im looking forward to the trial that seems to be running right now, in which they will inject more of the HSC i think.

But you are probably right in terms of keeping the expectations down as long as we dont have absolutely clear data

Comment

Working...