+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jasinfla View Post
    Dr, Ziering...if this was Facebook, I would give you a huge "Like". I'm fairly new to hair loss and have some strange lines going on in the back of my head but anyways, just wanted to let you know how appreciative I am for the information and how much you care for people and their hair loss. Thanks!
    Dr Zeiring, if this was Facebook, I would give you a huge "like" for having the sign off "Doc Z"! It makes you sound like a comic book supervillian

The stem cell debate always reminds me of the napster controversey: The technology is there. It isn't going to go away just because you click your heels together and say there's no place like home. Trying to deny it or stop it, for religious or any other reasons, helps nobody.

Inactive

Yeah but it slows the success down. And this is annoying ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
    Thank you Dr. Ziering for answering questions here.

I have two Question concerning your interview:

1. It has not become clear to me what exactly are the results 2 years after one single injection. I can see pictures on the Histogen website which show the hair growth after 12 weeks, 5 month and 12 month. As i can see in the statistics below the the pictures, after 12 month there is still new and thicker hair growing. Now after 2 years, is there still an increase in numbers of hair and hair thickness? I mean compared to the 1 year update, are there now more and thicker Hairs? Or were the 1 year results just lasting for one more year?

2. Will there be an update on the Histogen website which shows macrophotos and statistics regarding the 2 year results?

If I could weigh in with my opinion here; I believe after a certain period after the injection there was a drop-off in new hair growth c12 - 16 weeks?, yet any gains remained present for (so far) up to two years.

Which hands down beats Propecia & Minox - treatments that work for c65% of patients, Histogen hit c80% (?) Patients did not need to re-inject for up to two years, as opposed to Propecia and Minox which MUST be taken everyday for as long as you wish to keep your hair. My question to all the sceptics is: Where's the shed? HSC did not induce a shed after discontinuing usage as is commonly associated with Propecia and Minox.

So, taking this into account, they're no longer merely looking at preventing the debilitating impact of DHT or vasodilatation of the scalp to merely 'extend' the lifespan of the hair but actually turning back the clock and recreating what happened during the embryonic phase in which hair follicles were being created for the very first time.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    If I could weigh in with my opinion here; I believe after a certain period after the injection there was a drop-off in new hair growth c12 - 16 weeks?, yet any gains remained present for (so far) up to two years.

Which hands down beats Propecia & Minox - treatments that work for c65% of patients, Histogen hit c80% (?) Patients did not need to re-inject for up to two years, as opposed to Propecia and Minox which MUST be taken everyday for as long as you wish to keep your hair. My question to all the sceptics is: Where's the shed? HSC did not induce a shed after discontinuing usage as is commonly associated with Propecia and Minox.

So, taking this into account, they're no longer merely looking at preventing the debilitating impact of DHT or vasodilatation of the scalp to merely 'extend' the lifespan of the hair but actually turning back the clock and recreating what happened during the embryonic phase in which hair follicles were being created for the very first time.
    If turning back the clock is truly the case, it would be something amazing. As much as i want to get excited, something always makes me think, if all this is really possible. Injections to reverse hair loss? Hair multiplication? Are we really going to be a part of this soon? Sometimes i think of hair loss like aging. No matter how much you try, you can't stop from getting old and hair loss seems to be the same. Is an 80 year old man really going to be able to have hair like a 25 year old? Seems impossible but i surely hope and pray this will be possible soon. BTW, if Histogen works for diffuse thinning, does that mean you could inject it anywhere in the head? I was thinking about old people who still have hair on the sides but is real thin. Would it help to keep hair thick from the sides as well?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Aderans focuses on stem cells whilst Intercytex focused on DP cells, correct me if i'm wrong but I believe there is a difference. Aderans has several protocols and have released mildly promising results from their first protocol, again this is the year for Aderans to show us what they're made of also.
    Is Aderans, Follica and Trichoscience the same thing? Is it the same idea? They all seem similar and I keep wondering why none of these ****ers have came out. I haven't heard any news or updates.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    If turning back the clock is truly the case, it would be something amazing. As much as i want to get excited, something always makes me think, if all this is really possible. Injections to reverse hair loss? Hair multiplication? Are we really going to be a part of this soon? Sometimes i think of hair loss like aging. No matter how much you try, you can't stop from getting old and hair loss seems to be the same. Is an 80 year old man really going to be able to have hair like a 25 year old? Seems impossible but i surely hope and pray this will be possible soon. BTW, if Histogen works for diffuse thinning, does that mean you could inject it anywhere in the head? I was thinking about old people who still have hair on the sides but is real thin. Would it help to keep hair thick from the sides as well?
    Interesting comment, a lot of individuals see it as a far fetched idea that even some day 60 - 70 year old men may have full heads of hair, but it does happen, and therefore if it is physically possible to achieve - in this case then we need to look at the obstacles, overcome them and re-create from the bottom-up what we lost, which is exactly the purpose of 'regenerative' medicine.

The concept of regenerative medicine (as we all know) has attracted a large degree of controversy, and what I am about to say may seem far fetched but do consider it, if in nature certain animals can lose a limb and grow it back within a few days, then it is technically feasible (as we are viewing its occurrence in nature) we just need to find out how it is done and apply it to humans.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Is Aderans, Follica and Trichoscience the same thing? Is it the same idea? They all seem similar and I keep wondering why none of these ****ers have came out. I haven't heard any news or updates.
    Aderans focuses on transplanting stem cells from the back of the scalp to balding areas, they have several protocols, Follica keep their cards close to their chest but I believe they are working in the same direction as Histogen by using types of 'gene therapy' to induce follicular neogenesis. Trichoscience seems similar to Intercytex, they may either be working with DP cells or Stem Cells.

Still, Histogen have clearly set a new standard with a 2 year follow-up and no hair loss in any of the patients that were apart of that first 80% circle; I believe Aderans helped 50% maintain new follicles after 1 year and their best protocol worked well (in this sense "noticeable hair gains) in 70% of patients which again lags behind Histogens achievements.

Default Dr. Ziering

There is a lot of speculation that the histogen product won't work as well for people that have gotten transplants becuase transplants may cause damage or destroy surrounding follicles in the recipient area, I'm not sure if this is the case but if so, do you think Histogen's product would be less effective? And is it actually true that when you transplant hair you are killing the follicles around where they are being placed in the recipient?

In other words is Histogen's HSC dependant on reawakening dormant follicles or is it actually creating brand new follicles is what I'm wondering if you have the answer to. This is very important for people considering hair transplants at this point, especially me with a MPB pattern but with diffuse thinning across the top of the scalp, if your product works by reawakening follicles in their original positions then it could potentially give me my natural head of hair again as I had when I was a kid if it's only creating new ones, it makes no difference and I can go and get a transplant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    And is it actually true that when you transplant hair you are killing the follicles around where they are being placed in the recipient? Thanks
    That's a good point, you're possibly damaging the still existing stem cells/follicles in the recipient area and also creating scar tissue in the donor area, but the HSC could also be used to stimulate new follicles in the rear of the scalp and have them transplanted to frontal areas. However, the statement of 'creating new hair follicles' is a controversial one; referring to the work by Follica for instance, they stated that even in a scalp that appears literally shining bald, the hair is still present but it is microscopic.

So in that context, another way of looking at how the HSC is working, is not that it is creating new follicles but it is actually kicking those microscopic scalp hairs back into action, which also ties in well with the high degree of "control" the HSC imputes as stated by Dr Ziering, in other words; perhaps the reason he didnt see hair sprouting from the forehead etc is because those stem cells are just not present there. Now you have to question, what is in store for an individual who may have lost those miniaturised stem cells through constant transplants, I hope after Phase II we will gain answers to such questions.

Thanks a lot for answering my questions. I´m looking forward to the 4 weeks update and thank you for sharing this with the community.

I have one more question:
    If HSC only stimulates the existing hairfollicles (not creates new follicles) to grow new hair, I assume that you can even build a natural Hairline with HSC because (for example) if u inject the HSC on the forehead, there would be no terminal hairgrowth.

I hope you understand what i mean