Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
    You took one of my sentences out of context and indirectly portrayed me as a negative nancy.
    Actually, no I didn't. This post you made here is further evidence of your negative attitude and lack of understanding on the matter.

Comment

• Nilli57211
      • May 2011

Replicel's results make sense considering what David Hall was saying in his interview. I guess they wanted to present the same results in a more positive light - they must know that everyone is basically calling their trial a failure. Almost half of the participants got above 10% though, which isn't bad. Hopefully it improves at the one year mark.

As for traction alopecia, I don't know that I really buy that. I don't think pulling your hair back tight would cause your hairline to recede noticeably. It may cause more hair to fall out overall, but not more so at the temples than further back. Also "traction alopecia" seems to be a typical suggestion to women who are losing their hair when really it is AGA. People tell women that less stress, tying their hair loosely, better diet, et cetera will make their hair grow back, but in the end it doesn't really have to do with any of those things, it's just AGA. I've seen many women who tie their hair back tightly and still have all their hair.

Even in cases of actual traction alopecia, there is either scarring or new terminal hair growing in. And there would be a general pulling back of the hairline, not preferentially at the temples, looking exactly like MPB. I'm sure the scientists did a more close up examination to see if her follicles were miniaturized or not, to see if their treatment was actually doing anything or whether she was just regrowing her own lost hair.

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

I have a receded hairline, that's not "fine" in my book. Regardless of what others think, I want it repaired.. by 2015 it will be even further back.

Please hurry, Histogen. Please

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Nilli57211
          For what it's worth, Replicel just released positive news. Apparently their results are better than they originally thought.

I'll be honest, it seems a little fishy to me. I don't know if this is for real, or if they just skewed some data to ameliorate the public's opinion of them, but it could be legit. It's great news if it is.

Also, wanted to point out one thing. The photos of the woman on the Histogen poster that everyone has been talking about - she really appears to have MPB. It's less common, but it happens - women can have male pattern baldness (receding hairline and bald areas), while men can lose hair in the female pattern (overall thinning). This woman has a receding hairline, and the product still worked very well in the temple area. This should be a promising sign to all, I think.
          They need to release photos.

Comment

• mohuk
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
            I have a receded hairline, that's not "fine" in my book. Regardless of what others think, I want it repaired.. by 2015 it will be even further back.

Please hurry, Histogen. Please
            2015 !! Dont put any hope b4 2020 !

to finalize all data for phaseII it will take them till end 2014

then they will start phase III which will take another 2 years = 2016

then commercializing it, which is the hardest part, will take another 2 years =2018

then you will be able to use but it will take 24 months to see results

so technically, the earliest we can benefit from HSC is 2020

and 2 years later for Replicel = 2022

so it will be 2025 when we can say that MPB is finally cured

2025 not 2015 !!

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by mohuk
              shit
              Go away, negative nancy.

Comment

• john2399
                • Jan 2012

2015 !! Dont put any hope b4 2020 !

to finalize all data for phaseII it will take them till end 2014

then they will start phase III which will take another 2 years = 2016

then commercializing it, which is the hardest part, will take another 2 years =2018

then you will be able to use but it will take 24 months to see results

so technically, the earliest we can benefit from HSC is 2020

and 2 years later for Replicel = 2022

so it will be 2025 when we can say that MPB is finally cured

2025 not 2015 !!
                lol dumbest post i ever seen. I will be gettin histogen in 2014 in asia and you can wait till 2025 till your cure.

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

I say we push Spencer for an interview with Histogen. That's something I'd, as I'm sure others would as well, be interested in.

Comment

• kaandereli
                    • Jan 2012

they are starting phase 3 in september 2012 in singapore , 2014 is a realistic date

Comment

• mohuk
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                      lol dumbest post i ever seen. I will be gettin histogen in 2014 in asia and you can wait till 2025 till your cure.
                      2014 hahahaahah, maybe you will get ur ass baldness cured by 2014

definitely not MPB

Comment

• Supersixx
                        • Mar 2012

Replicel CHECK...... Histogen : Your move

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

definitely not MPB
                          I literally just told you to go away. Yet you persist. Hmm.

Maybe some bold font. Usually works! Go away.

Comment

• john2399
                            • Jan 2012

definitely not MPB
                            Histogen aint a cure fool...its going to be a better treatment to get hair back. I will be getting majority of my hair back in 2014...you can suck a fat one.

Comment

• Tracy C
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Nilli57211
                              As for traction alopecia, I don't know that I really buy that.

Scroll to the bottom.

Comment

• WashedOut
                                • Dec 2011

Histogen + topical CB = best treatment for baldness the world has yet to see. The treatments are gonna get a lot better with time but those two above are way better than what's out now.

Low chance of sides, not systemic, low hassle/pain. Just hair saving.

Comment

Working...