+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 225 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast

I think I'd pay $5000 but not a lot more. Especially if you had to get more shots every 5 years or so. It would be nice to have a full head of hair but realistically I couldn't spunk stupid money on it.

I am sure Ken Washenik stated in an interview in 2010 that with Aderans' procedure you could theoretically achieve more hair than you were actually born with.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I am sure Ken Washenik stated in an interview in 2010 that with his compound you could theoretically achieve more hair than you were actually born with.
    I still have a hard time believing anything Bosley has a hand in will turn out with a competent result. That said I'm still rooting for anybody trying to solve our problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    I still have a hard time believing anything Bosley has a hand in will turn out with a competent result. That said I'm still rooting for anybody trying to solve our problem.
    I know man... Intercytex had great PHI results and look how they ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I am sure Ken Washenik stated in an interview in 2010 that with Aderans' procedure you could theoretically achieve more hair than you were actually born with.
    That would be great. I can imagine a future where all men have perfect, thick full NW0 hair and fixing your hair is as routine and common as getting orthodontics in the US.

I myself have just recently begun to notice thinning in my crown, and of course when I first realized this I did have a bit of a freak out. But I immediately got on minox and finasteride and I can already see significant improvement. I'm young and my hair loss is just starting. I really hope improved treatments like these come along soon before the effects of minox+fin start to deteriorate. Crossing my fingers and hoping for 2014 to be the year!

@Jundam.

hair right now is worth more to me then taking a year off school without question. I could go back to school at anytime but I cant get my youth back.

I dont get how more then one person here is saying hsc current density is not worth bringing to market. 1/4 natural density is a lot. If it is an injectable product they wont need to charge an arm and a leg because it would be able to be such a widespread distribution network. Every ht doc, dermatologist, plastic surgeon would line up and pay a fee to be able to offer the treatment.

the hairs from the trial are still working 2 years out. You wouldn't have to get this treatment over and over and over throughout your life.

AS science and the understanding about how to regenerate follicles continues a better treatment may come along say 5-10 years after hsc release. ITS NOT like if histogen comes to market all research into hairloss would stop.

57 new hairs per cm/2 would change my life completely. I still just can not wrap my head around so many people believing 57/cm2 is not significant.

Dr. Ziering, please provide an update to Histogen's trial on H.S.C.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    @Jundam.

hair right now is worth more to me then taking a year off school without question. I could go back to school at anytime but I cant get my youth back.

I dont get how more then one person here is saying hsc current density is not worth bringing to market. 1/4 natural density is a lot. If it is an injectable product they wont need to charge an arm and a leg because it would be able to be such a widespread distribution network. Every ht doc, dermatologist, plastic surgeon would line up and pay a fee to be able to offer the treatment.

the hairs from the trial are still working 2 years out. You wouldn't have to get this treatment over and over and over throughout your life.

AS science and the understanding about how to regenerate follicles continues a better treatment may come along say 5-10 years after hsc release. ITS NOT like if histogen comes to market all research into hairloss would stop.

57 new hairs per cm/2 would change my life completely. I still just can not wrap my head around so many people believing 57/cm2 is not significant.
    I think part of the problem here is that you think 25% of density will come in evenly covering the scalp. My issue with this is that if they cannot activate all the follicles then they cannot expect to activate the right follicles to cover your head either. You may very well end up with bits and pieces of your scalp with a lot of hair and the rest with small thinning spots like you were suffering from a disease far worse than male pattern baldness.

Also 2 years out is not enough to make a judgement call on whether or not it works long-term. At best all we can say is that it has the potential for lasting up to 2 years.

All we currently know is that with 1 SINGLE injection they have managed to grow more new hairs then ever before in history, and these hairs have been growing for over 2 years. I choose to look at that as a positive sign but if some choose to see it as no big deal that is their right.

Until histogen release phase 2 results this is all just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    All we currently know is that with 1 SINGLE injection they have managed to grow more new hairs then ever before in history, and these hairs have been growing for over 2 years. I choose to look at that as a positive sign but if some choose to see it as no big deal that is their right.

Until histogen release phase 2 results this is all just speculation.
    That was my initial point. :P

Don't worry though, I'm not trying to be negative or dampen anyone's spirits, I want this to work as badly as everybody else here. And I think it will work. My initial point was actually that I think it will work far better than it currently does and that's why there's no point in arguing about what we know so far. As I have stated before if you can resurrect one hair you can resurrect them all. The trick is just finding the optimal method to reach all, or at least the vast majority, of the follicles.