Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeepHoping
    • Dec 2010

I asked if they had started the trail and this was the response:

"In response to your further questions, all 55 subjects have been enrolled and injected in the Phase I/II clinical trial of HSC, and that trial is currently in progress.

Best,
    Eileen"

And in an earlier email she said:

"Thank you for your interest and message. Please excuse the delay in my response, we are working through a large number of inquiries. In response to your question, the mechanism of action of HSC indicates that the complex both stimulates existing follicles to produce new hairs as well as triggers stem cells in the scalp to become new hair follicles. Details from the pilot trial of HSC can be found on our website, and we look forward to sharing data from the Phase I/II trial in the coming months."

Comment

• sausage
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by KeepHoping
      I asked if they had started the trail and this was the response:

"In response to your further questions, all 55 subjects have been enrolled and injected in the Phase I/II clinical trial of HSC, and that trial is currently in progress.

Best,
      Eileen"

And in an earlier email she said:

"Thank you for your interest and message. Please excuse the delay in my response, we are working through a large number of inquiries. In response to your question, the mechanism of action of HSC indicates that the complex both stimulates existing follicles to produce new hairs as well as triggers stem cells in the scalp to become new hair follicles. Details from the pilot trial of HSC can be found on our website, and we look forward to sharing data from the Phase I/II trial in the coming months."

How long do they wait to see growth? I bet they must wait a year and study every guinea pigs heads after that time even if say 80% of them grow hair in the first month they probably wait to see if it lasts and also wait to see if growth eventually happens in the other 20%.

So I guess the trials take a year at a time?

Comment

• Pate
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by sausage
        How long do they wait to see growth? I bet they must wait a year and study every guinea pigs heads after that time even if say 80% of them grow hair in the first month they probably wait to see if it lasts and also wait to see if growth eventually happens in the other 20%.

So I guess the trials take a year at a time?
        Last time they released initial results at 3 months, then 5 months, then 12 months.

The growth was fair at 3 months, then slipped a bit at 5 months, and it was looking like HSC wasn't long term.

But then at 12 months the results were even better than at 3 months. So it looks like the 5 months was just the new growth cycling before coming back stronger.

If you really want to know all about the last trial, click on the link to their scientific paper published in the dermatology journal and buy a copy of it. Or alternatively find somebody with online journal access (a university student or researcher) and get them to get a copy of it for free.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pate
          But then at 12 months the results were even better than at 3 months. So it looks like the 5 months was just the new growth cycling before coming back stronger.

If you really want to know all about the last trial, click on the link to their scientific paper published in the dermatology journal and buy a copy of it. Or alternatively find somebody with online journal access (a university student or researcher) and get them to get a copy of it for free.
          Yeah that 12 month peak was really promising, it showed that the HSC had a lasting impact on the actual growth cycle, im glad to hear of them communicating with the public, its nice of them and we should all appreciate that. It is also great to hear that they've been cracking on with Phase I/II.

Thanks for posting up the email KeepHoping.

Comment

• sausage
            • Jan 2012

Does anyone know if those people still have the new hair that grew during those tests?

Do they still have that hair today?

Comment

• KeepHoping
              • Dec 2010

No problem guys, keep your fingers crossed a lot of good things are coming.

Comment

• Jan 2012

No problem guys, keep your fingers crossed a lot of good things are coming.
                is that sarcasm?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                  • Jul 2011

this thread is a bunch of useless guessing, people fighting, and people saying, "come on guys were all in this together blah blah blah"

Comment

• UK Boy
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                    this thread is a bunch of useless guessing, people fighting, and people saying, "come on guys were all in this together blah blah blah"
                    There was no guessing about what I stated in my post. If you go on the clinical trials website it's there in black and white and backed up by the email from Histogen - they have def started there phase I/II trial!

I agree that it's annoying to come on here and read a whole string of posts that have no truth or evidence behind them and are just people speculating but your coment is posted at a time when what has been discusssed is actual FACT not speculation.

This is good news, it means the trial should be finished by Dec 2012 /Jan 2013 and hopefully (now that their legal issues are out of the way) Histogen will be able to move on promtly thereafter. I know to some this isn't a huge thing because it's still gonna be years before it's released but considering that some though Histogen died back in mid 2011 then it is a big deal - they didn't die and they're moving forward with trials.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                      • Dec 2010

It's not sarcasm at all, I honestly believe that there will be new options for hairloss soon, within 2012 or next year we may have bimatoprost for the scalp and things to help enhance growth and stop the progression until better treatments arrive in 2013/2014. If you think about it, this is in fact a race for these companies, the first to come up with a solution will become billionaires pretty quickly, the incentive for them to get their products to the market is VERY high and they know that, all the negative chatter is a waste of time and helps nobody. Histogen was on the verge of shutting down and got some big investments and is moving forward, that alone is reason to stay hopeful.

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

They need to up these doses quicker then, get on with it, I don't have time!!!

Even when they do realise these products work it will probably take at least a year to get them produced on a huge scale.

Comment

• Kirby_
                          • Jan 2012

It's not sarcasm at all, I honestly believe that there will be new options for hairloss soon, within 2012 or next year we may have bimatoprost for the scalp and things to help enhance growth and stop the progression until better treatments arrive in 2013/2014. If you think about it, this is in fact a race for these companies, the first to come up with a solution will become billionaires pretty quickly, the incentive for them to get their products to the market is VERY high and they know that, all the negative chatter is a waste of time and helps nobody. Histogen was on the verge of shutting down and got some big investments and is moving forward, that alone is reason to stay hopeful.
                          This.

Let's stay hopeful (even if some treatments all by the wayside, at least one or more will emerge on the market) and above all solidaristic, we're all in the same balding boat after all.

Comment

• sausage
                            • Jan 2012

If a cure comes out we should all meet up in trafalgar square and celebrate.

Comment

• Kirby_
                              • Jan 2012

With plenty of alcoholic drinks.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                                • May 2011

I'd up for that.

Comment

Working...