+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 225 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast

An update about anything on histogen would be great.. Or maybe another interview with spencer nd Doc ziering lol.

130,000 people have viewed this thread alone - how many of those would pay even 30k for this technology?

We report here that serially cultured adult papilla cells can induce the growth of hair when implanted into follicles which otherwise would not grow hairs. This finding presents an opportunity to characterize properties distinguishing the papilla cell population from other skin fibroblasts, and, more specifically, those which control hair growth. The eventual application of this work to human hair replacement techniques can also be envisaged.
    That was in 1984... why has it taken so long to even try to see if it works?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    130,000 people have viewed this thread alone - how many of those would pay even 30k for this technology?
    I will be a broke college student just getting a degree when this stuff is supposed to come out but I will definitely find a way to pay for stuff like this...having hair wen I'm 30 would be worth it

Nobody should go through University worrying about hair loss. University is a great place, with so many things to experience. I was lucky enough to make it to 30 with all my hair. I use to to think bald men were lucky, since they didn't have to worry about maintenance. I guess I was wrong.

I am certain Histogen will be able to reproduce their pre-clinical results:

Lets look at the results:
    1. 85 % of those treated showed hair growth
    2. growth radiated 2mm from the injection point, so its well controlled
    3. the new hair was maintained at the two year follow up suggesting that it should last at least one cycle.
    4. existing hair were healthier than they were originally.
    5. No adverse reaction even at the two year mark.

What I am wondering though is why 15% of the patients didn't respond to the treatment. Could it be that a higher dosage would be the key for those patients? Histogen knows that they sitting on a gold mine and that revenue in hair restoration would fund their more important cancer research.

Its all about reproducing their pre-clinical trials. If they achieve that, then we are all set.

I remember reading or hearing Gail Naughton stating she was some ridiculously high percent (95%) or something that sure they can reproduce the pre clinical results.

I think so many people rag on the whole 5 years away heard that before thing because of so much past disappointments. I feel their pain. The difference between now and then was that was all over-hyped cure b.s. promises from rogaine and fin which we all know know is not even close to the case. All the other 5 year predictions were based off very early science that never panned out.

Histogen on the other hand has already created NEW hairs from scratch. Histogen may end up not even getting to market or working as good as many of us are hoping but AT least this is real science yielding real results so far. NOT just theory and 5 year predictions.

I completely agree with you Calex. This is a company that publishes in peer review journals. I think we can all agree that this is not Histogen's field, but merely trying to generate revenue for their other research. I have already accepted my fate in life, that i will loose my hair, so if HSC doesn't work out, oh well at least they tried. As long as I know that there are companies out there willing to pursue non-invasive techniques. I tried Propecia but after two months I couldn't deal with the sides anymore.

I am fairly confident though that Histogen will be able to reproduce their results. The fact that their are at least four companies pursuing similar techniques, means that we are really close to something big. Just a matter of who gets to market first to reap the rewards.

Really hope that Histogen comes 2014 together with Follica and Replicel and puts end to baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Really hope that Histogen comes 2014 together with Follica and Replicel and puts end to baldness.
    Haha I think its safe to say we all hope for that

So i have read this thread through and it seems as though we can expect at least 50 hairs cm2 (if it works ) from Histogen, now i just looked at my scalp out of interest, i'm in the very early stages of hair loss and only i can notice it at this point although i'm not sure how much longer i will get away with it for. Anyway i took a rough count of my hair count and it doesn't seem like there are that many hairs per cm2, now a lot of you say that 200 cm2 is the normal amount on the scalp that seems like a hell of a lot to me am i missing something here or can you only count hairs properly with certain equipment.

And i know it's not very scientific, but i just drew a cm2 filled it with 200 dots and the thing was nearly coloured in, that would equate to a very very dense head of hair, even 50 seemed to fill in very nicely, please correct me if i'm way off i'm just interested thats's all.