+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 225 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Dr Ziering i have another question.

You said something about 25 hairs per 0.1cc injection. I am not familiar how i can set this in relation to anything else.

Could you perhaps give an example in what relation we can put this. I really dont know under what circumstances 0.1cc are much and under what circumstances 0.1cc is almost nothing.

And does this mean that you got 25 hairs at an areal of 2mm times 2mm? If so, this does mean you got your natural hairdensity or am i wrong.

And another question, do you see some significanc in hair appearance like the new hair looks somehow more youthful and healthy when compared to donor area.

Maybe those are stupid questions but they help me to understand the relations here.

Also iam impressed that Histogen is going for the full frontal right now 50+ injections Holy Crap. And also wow four weeks, i didnt really expect anything from Histogen by lets say end of 2011 the earliest.

Thanks for your patience

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Craig Ziering View Post
    The scientists at Histogen believe that the new hairs seen at 1 year are a result of stimulating stem cells in the scalp and in existing normal and miniaturizing follicles to grow new hairs.
    I'm a little confused: Why would HSC cause "existing normal follicles" to be growing "new hair"? Aren't normal follicles already growing hair? Do you mean that they're coming out of the telogen phase earlier than they normally would?

Histogen's HSC study showed a statistically significant increase in the number of terminal hairs and hair thickness at 12 weeks. At the five month timepoint there was a decrease in hairs in a number of patients, but a significant increase again at 12 months, with the number of new hairs again reaching statistical significance at one year. There were approximately 25 new hairs per 0.1cc injection and the treatment effect was seen within 2mm of the injection site.

The HSC works by stimulating stem cells in the dermal papilla of the hair follicle to grow new hairs. It also seems that stem cells in the scalp can be stimulated to grow into new hair follicles. This has been shown to be possible in the mouse model using the components that are part of HSC and so Histogen's trial really substantiates in patients with male pattern baldness what has been shown to be possible in mice for the past few years.

Doc Z
    Wow this is great information Dr Ziering, thank you kindly for sharing it with us all, we're very lucky to have you on this forum answering our questions. It is very pleasing to note that there was a further increase in growth at 12 months even after the 5 month drop-off, it seems to me that the HSC seems to be working well in-line with the natural growth/resting phases of the hair cycle itself.

Dr. Ziering,

I'm not asking for a definitive answer if you don't know but what I was asking was whether or not having a transplant will effect HSC's ability to work because the transplanted hair may damage follicles underneith the surface of the skin or even destroy follicles that were there to make room for the follicles being transplanted. I think many people are worried about getting a transplant at this point because although histogen would be able to make the transplanted hair thicker it may not be able to restore a person to his/her natural density because of damage of dormant follicles.

Thank you so much for being active in the forum and helping those suffering with hairloss, I think I speak for many of us when i say it is greatly appreciated.

Default Case Studies

Histogen is performing exploratory case studies in Asia where patients are receiving 50+ injections at base line to assess hair growth over time. The Company hopes to have initial results from the first case studies in the next four weeks and plans on sharing those with the hair transplant community.
    Doc Z
    Dr Ziering
    How do these exploratory case studies fit into the phased trial studies that will commence in a few months ? Is it an early start of the trials or to test a range of protocols that will be used in the trials
    cheers

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    So what if the hair wont survive the cycle? If it grew it in the first place, then get another injection.
    Uh, no. You cannot simply assume that repeated applications of a given treatment will produce exactly the same results as previous applications. That is something which has to be established through testing.

Dr. Zering I have a question regarding how HSC will ultimately be distributed
    if and when it is released. Will you set up clinics under the banner of Histogen or will it be administered by independent doctors who are trained in its application.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Uh, no. You cannot simply assume that repeated applications of a given treatment will produce exactly the same results as previous applications. That is something which has to be established through testing.
    Uh, Im not assuming. This was brought up in the past interviews and like I said before, we still need to wait on the upcoming trials. Why didn't you answer my question on my last reply?

Inactive

Thumbs down

Uh, Im not assuming. This was brought up in the past interviews and like I said before, we still need to wait on the upcoming trials
    "We have to wait on the upcoming trials" means "we don't know yet." Stating as fact something that you don't know to be true is called an "assumption."

Inactive

Thumbs down

I doubt you will have to wait a LIFETIME homie so don't worry about that ha. I think its pretty obvious that we still don't know shit about it but i do know we wont have to wait a couple of lifetimes to find out. We will know soon enough.
    Please try to follow along. Move your lips while you read if it helps.

What I said was that you cannot know with certainty what affect a particular treatment will have over the course of a lifetime without having tested it over the course of a lifetime. That is not the same thing as "You will have to wait a lifetime before this treatment is available."