+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 225 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast

There is only one picture floating around of an actual top down view of someones head. If you search Histogen HSC in google images you will find it.
    Trust me it is not that impressive. I believe the study from which it was taken from was for concept and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    There is only one picture floating around of an actual top down view of someones head. If you search Histogen HSC in google images you will find it.
    Trust me it is not that impressive. I believe the study from which it was taken from was for concept and safety.
    I've seen that picture and you're right it's nothing impressive. But that's because it's pretty low resolution and was taken from several feet away. And the area that was tested was only 1.47cm^2. Obviously you're not going to see detail from that far away. 0.1mm injection produced continued growth for an entire year, with impressive results in only 3 months. I can't help but be very optimistic.

Not only that but this treatment is far more simple than a traditional hair transplant, requiring a minute fraction of the man hours and presumably not requiring as skilled a technician to administer the injections. I don't know how expensive this material is to manufacture and in what quantities they can produce it, but I'm hopeful for a future where restoring a full head of hair for anyone is a matter of spending maybe 1-2 hours in a doctors office a couple times throughout your life.

50 hairs per cm2 + a concealer like Nanogen or Hair Cubed is a full head of hair. So if they make no further gains, Histogen is already a baldness cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Glow View Post
    50 hairs per cm2 + a concealer like Nanogen or Hair Cubed is a full head of hair. So if they make no further gains, Histogen is already a baldness cure.
    It is not a cure if it needs a concealer.

Yeah I won't consider anything requiring a concealer worthy of the term 'cure.' Besides I have much higher hopes for histogen

Inactive

Concealer LOL thats not a cure.

A cure is stopping hair loss, getting some of the follicles back and then fill the rest with something like HST. This is a cure and the end of story

The billion dollar question is---have they begun their 'spring' trials? No one seems to know. Where have they all vanished?

They sold their shares to aderans lyk intercytex, :P

I dont understand how so many people get their facts mixed up.

50 hairs per cm/2 will not give you a full looking head of hair since it is only about a 1/4 of natural density. The entire lie about you have to lose 50% of your natural density before you begin to appear thinning is from the ht docs so they can sell people on ht's.

histogens initial trial(if their data is not tweaked or misrepresented) is very promising. if in their phase 2 which may or may not have begun yet can reproduce the 57 new hairs per cm/2 over larger areas then we are in business.

Hopefully they are able to get a greater number of hairs to grow because they will be trying more injections and different levels of the hsc ****tail.

As for pictures. They have released them a long time ago so go look and stop complaining.

the issue is the area that was treated was very small, about the size of a penny, give or take. It is close up macroscopic picture so their appears to be large areas of empty spaces between the hairs which makes it look much less positive then it really is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markwah...5987/lightbox/

if you were to take a macroscopic picture of the same size area of the picture I posted you would see large areas of bald scalp between each hair too.

They produced circa 85 hairs per cm2.