+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 225 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast

Dr. Ziering, any word on the status of Histogen's trial on H.S.C.? We'd appreciate an update.

Thank you much.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    Dr. Ziering, any word on the status of Histogen's trial on H.S.C.? We'd appreciate an update.

Thank you much.
    if they did in fact start them in June. I don't think they would have much to report.
    It would take at least 3 to 6 months to see any kind of result.

Plus it looks like Dr. Zering is concentrating on his own practice.
    http://www.zieringmedical.com/?gclid...FZV25QodYgm2Uw

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    if they did in fact start them in June. I don't think they would have much to report.
    It would take at least 3 to 6 months to see any kind of result.

Plus it looks like Dr. Zering is concentrating on his own practice.
    http://www.zieringmedical.com/?gclid...FZV25QodYgm2Uw

Hope this helps.
    I understand. I'm simply interested to know whether the trial has, indeed, begun (i.e., whether all subjects have been recruited and testing has commenced).

You would think they'd like to give good news to retain confidence in the market who are thinking of having a hair transplant instead of waiting for an injectable.

I won't lock in my opinion on efficacy until I see pictures after theraputic doses are given, but based on the results that have been released thus far all the market can expect is a Rogaine-like result. I've seen no evidence of new and thick hair growth from this product thus far.

Aderans is talking about 14 hairs per square centimetre to prove efficacy to the FDA. If that's all we can hope for from this product we'll all be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post

Thank you much.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonypizza View Post
    You would think they'd like to give good news to retain confidence in the market who are thinking of having a hair transplant instead of waiting for an injectable.

I won't lock in my opinion on efficacy until I see pictures after theraputic doses are given, but based on the results that have been released thus far all the market can expect is a Rogaine-like result. I've seen no evidence of new and thick hair growth from this product thus far.

Aderans is talking about 14 hairs per square centimetre to prove efficacy to the FDA. If that's all we can hope for from this product we'll all be disappointed.
    Well Dr. Zering is a transplant surgeon and judging from his website that is his main expertise.
    As for efficacy I agree there has not been a great deal of photographic evidence that suggests HSC produces a big cosmetic improvement.
    To add to that Histogen is a tiny company compared to Pfizer or Merck. I can't imagine an investment of 5 to 10 million going that far.
    That said even though Aderan's is slow and silent most of the time. They probably have a lot more cash than Histogen and have established a large network of clinical trials so I will remain hopeful.
    What I would really like to see from Histogen is more regular updates from Dr. Gail Norton.

Damn, I hope he's not so focused on this new office in Chicago, that the development of the HSC complex is neglected. What really bugs me is when all these doctors offer nothing but hair transplants, despite the fact that I believe most people do not even want to get a hair transplant in the first place.

I'm 22 years and almost Norwood 4 so a hair transplant is not the solution for me at all. Sometimes I wonder if these guys are just greedy crooks who doesn't care about anything but their wallet.

Anyway, this summer is kinda depressing for hair loss sufferer ... we have absolutly nothing positive to hold on to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I'm 22 years and almost Norwood 4 so a hair transplant is not the solution for me at all.
    Why do you say that? How's the rest of your hair (donor)?

Lol dude, it's written in the sky that I'll be Norwood 7 before I'm 25 years old so getting a hair transplant would be a suicidal move. I don't even want to look into it, I know it's not for me. It's like if Patrick Stewart had a transplant.

And at 22 years old, I barely have enough money to go to college and live by myself so I won't invest 5000$ in a transplant that is probably going to look like shit anyway. I'd rather wait for Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, Astressin-B, Follica, Nitric Oxyde Gel and all that stuff ... never knows ... so far, I'm shaving my head, it's a ''full'' head of hair or nothing so ...

Well you could stop at NW5 or even if you get to 6 you're not doomed. 7 is pretty rare and means it drops lower to your ears. They say around 4500 grafts can restore a NW5/6 to a good look if you have realistic goals. Don't be so down especially now with this new Gho stuff possibly working.