+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 225 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast

The pilot study of Histogen's H.S.C. used twenty-four subjects, from which half received placebo and the other half received the experimental compound. All twenty-four subjects are used in analyzing results, but in only the latter twelve can one observe the actual effects of the drug.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Why would they do that? 20 of the 24 patients experienced 'statistically significant hair growth at the three efficacy endpoints' - that means those patients experienced similar gains at similar times, which is why Gail stated there is such a high degree that these findings will be repeated especially given that this was merely a safety run, the trial wasnt even aimed at producing evidence of efficacy yet, that is the job of the current trial.

Well that's the basic idea.
    Twenty of twenty-four subjects' experiencing growth simply means a number of those in the control, too, exhibited growth.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    The pilot study of Histogen's H.S.C. used twenty-four subjects, from which half received placebo and the other half received the experimental compound. All twenty-four subjects are used in analyzing results, but in only the latter twelve can one observe the actual effects of the drug.
    Have you a link to the source that confirms this?

I thought all patients received the following:

1.One placebo injection

2.One regular HSC injection

3.One dermabraded area with regular HSC

4.One area with a higher concentration of HSC

A number of those in the control exhibited growth?... ? Your saying a number of those patients who received only a control experienced growth of new hair?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Have you a link to the source that confirms this?

I thought all patients received the following:

1.One placebo injection

2.One regular HSC injection

3.One dermabraded area with regular HSC

4.One area with a higher concentration of HSC

A number of those in the control exhibited growth?... ? Your saying a number of those patients who received only a control experienced growth of new hair?
    Yes, I am saying a number of patients in the control group experienced growth of new hair. I recall asking Histogen about this, via e-mail, a few months ago, and this seemed to be the answer given (I'll post the conversation, if I can locate it). Also, I draw the notion of two separate subject groups — a control and an experimental — from this graph, presented on the company's Web site: http://www.histogen.com/images/termi...sity_graph.gif (found at, http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm#25, about a third of a way down the page).

I admit I might be misinterpreting something, here; perhaps Dr. Ziering (or someone else properly affiliated with research on H.S.C.) could shed a bit of light on the matter.

Well if that's the case, I wonder what was in the control!! - dihydrogen monoxide probably -the holy grail lol.

I always thought they split the scalp into four different parts and had the control and HSC in different quadrants (I mean, that's how Aderans do it lol), I assumed this when Gail Naughton stated the following:

"There were no adverse reactions seen in any of the treated 24 patients at baseline"

I mean, you dont ever expect to see adverse reactions if someone just takes the sugar pill...

http://singularityhub.com/2011/06/14...without-scars/

*Sigh*... if only they could just invent a hairspray that....

That is amazing. Disheartening it is not yet approved in the U.S. which scares me a bit. Im glad histogen is planning on release outside the United states due to how bad of a job the fda does.

Made me smile seeing that kid ending up with no scares on his chest. Glad to see futuristic seeming treatments already being used in hospitals.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    That is amazing. Disheartening it is not yet approved in the U.S. which scares me a bit. Im glad histogen is planning on release outside the United states due to how bad of a job the fda does.

Made me smile seeing that kid ending up with no scares on his chest. Glad to see futuristic seeming treatments already being used in hospitals.
    Fully agree, and also all those results can be beneficial for which is good

Wanna see something cool?

http://singularityhub.com/2010/04/05...-butter-video/

Watch the video.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    Yes, I am saying a number of patients in the control group experienced growth of new hair. I recall asking Histogen about this, via e-mail, a few months ago, and this seemed to be the answer given (I'll post the conversation, if I can locate it). Also, I draw the notion of two separate subject groups — a control and an experimental — from this graph, presented on the company's Web site: http://www.histogen.com/images/termi...sity_graph.gif (found at, http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm#25, about a third of a way down the page).

I admit I might be misinterpreting something, here; perhaps Dr. Ziering (or someone else properly affiliated with research on H.S.C.) could shed a bit of light on the matter.
    Interesting stuff. Who is carrying out this study - Histogen itself or a third party?